Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Food Photos Forum / FANG could help taking her FIRST shot lol
    Lost? Site Map

    FANG could help taking her FIRST shot lol

    mickeydownunder
    Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Knowing NOTHING about the camera, lenses, zoom etc...

    a quick click....took two photos of DH brekkie

    Sorry JoeV and Steve for no bread lol

    WOW!!!! What a difference a camera can make

    I did not adjust the colour or crop

    Feel free to crop and play icon_smile.gif

    WHOO HOO!

    AM EXCITED ....YOU?





    Debbwl
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 am
    Forum Host
    Yes your new toy really picks up the detail icon_biggrin.gif
    Zurie
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 am
    Forum Host
    I'm excited for your sake, Mickey!! icon_biggrin.gif

    Do you know how you took this shot? I mean, aperture and speed? Or did you use Auto? I am impressed that your first shot has the egg nicely and sharply focused, and the background slightly out of focus. VERY good!!

    (I am STILL trying to find out on what setting my Fuji would do that -- the out-of-focus background. There IS a way, but the ****** manual is on a CD, and there's something wrong with the CD -- it makes a scratchy sound and does not play, can you believe).
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:15 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Zurie wrote:
    I'm excited for your sake, Mickey!! icon_biggrin.gif

    Do you know how you took this shot? I mean, aperture and speed? Or did you use Auto? I am impressed that your first shot has the egg nicely and sharply focused, and the background slightly out of focus. VERY good!!

    (I am STILL trying to find out on what setting my Fuji would do that -- the out-of-focus background. There IS a way, but the ****** manual is on a CD, and there's something wrong with the CD -- it makes a scratchy sound and does not play, can you believe).


    lol lol lol

    I used TV Close up...

    off hand I don't re the aperture and speed

    I just pointed and shot lol lol

    I know that doesn't sound very professional lol but the Canon EOS 600D has a viewmaster thingy that you can pop out lol (doesn't sound very camera geek speak either lol)

    Apparently there is an online tutorial http://www.canon.com.au that I will look VERY much forward too!

    As soon as I get my other MAJOR project out of the way and next Sat is my Thanksgiving party icon_smile.gif so this week (as my dad always used to say will be BIZ-EH! lol lol

    Thanks!

    AM E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    As an update DH says F1/125

    Hopefully that means something lol

    WHOO HOO!
    Peter J
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm
    Forum Host
    Nice work Mickey icon_biggrin.gif. The 1/125th would be the shutter speed, the aperture is normally a number more like f/4 or f/5.6. I just did a Google and the following site has a few photos shot at various apertures:

    http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/aperture_comparison&page=all

    What apertures you can select depends on the lens, most professional zooms tend to be f/2.8 and kit zooms tend to be about f/4 - f/5.6. Do a bit of reading on the Av setting on the camera, that lets you select the aperture to get different depths of field and automatically picks the shutter speed.

    Also try a YouTube search on FontanaKnowledge, he has some great beginner DSLR tutorial and uses a Canon so controls will be the same.

    Don't get too hooked on low apertures though, those lenses that are referred to as 'fast' are a good way to empty your wallet, or I guess purse in your case icon_lol.gif.

    When you have some spare cash or if you've been good and expecting a call from Santa the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens is worth a look at about $100. The image quality versus price is a bargain and 50mm is good for food photography.
    mickeydownunder
    Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Peter J wrote:
    Nice work Mickey icon_biggrin.gif. The 1/125th would be the shutter speed, the aperture is normally a number more like f/4 or f/5.6. I just did a Google and the following site has a few photos shot at various apertures:

    http://www.pbase.com/slbravo/aperture_comparison&page=all

    What apertures you can select depends on the lens, most professional zooms tend to be f/2.8 and kit zooms tend to be about f/4 - f/5.6. Do a bit of reading on the Av setting on the camera, that lets you select the aperture to get different depths of field and automatically picks the shutter speed.

    Also try a YouTube search on FontanaKnowledge, he has some great beginner DSLR tutorial and uses a Canon so controls will be the same.

    Don't get too hooked on low apertures though, those lenses that are referred to as 'fast' are a good way to empty your wallet, or I guess purse in your case icon_lol.gif.

    When you have some spare cash or if you've been good and expecting a call from Santa the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens is worth a look at about $100. The image quality versus price is a bargain and 50mm is good for food photography.


    Gday and big big thanks

    the other lens we have is 18 ml to 55 ml icon_smile.gif WHOO HOO

    LOST to learn which am VERY VERY excited to do!
    AskCy
    Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Micky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXuTD4vSF9E

    bread icon_lol.gif


    looks a great egg... photos looking more clear and bright

    Steve
    mickeydownunder
    Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:32 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    AskCy wrote:
    Micky - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXuTD4vSF9E

    bread icon_lol.gif


    looks a great egg... photos looking more clear and bright

    Steve


    always LOVE your sense of humour Steve

    WHOO HOO and thanks for always brightening my day too!
    Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites