Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Breads & Baking / GF Baking - Share Tips, Recipes, Experience!
    Lost? Site Map

    GF Baking - Share Tips, Recipes, Experience!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Page >>
    Bonnie G #2
    Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Mia in Germany wrote:
    Galley Wench wrote:
    Ok . . . I made some Caramel Oatmeal Bars and wonder if someone can tell me what to use to replace the flour. They are SOOO good and would like to share with my son and family.

    Crust:
    2 (9 ounces) cups all purpose flour
    2 cups quick cooking oatmeal (I used regular oatmeal)
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups margarine, softened

    Filling:
    1 (12.5 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
    3 tablespoons all purpose flour
    1 cup chocolate chips
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

    Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan. .

    Combine all the crust ingredients in a large bowl; mix at low speed until crumbly. Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F. for 10 minutes.

    While the crust is baking;, in small bowl combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour; blend well.

    Remove partially baked crust from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.

    Return to oven; bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars.


    wave.gif
    Can they have oats? There are gluten free oats which I use.
    For the flour, I'd say that you can use any gf all purpose flour mix. Usually if I convert crusts, they turn out quite well with an all purpose mix with xanthan in it. Also I add an egg so it's not too crumbly.
    This one turned out wonderfully: Lingonberry Crumb Pie
    In the review, I explain what I did.


    Mia - that souns wonderful
    Mia in Germany
    Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 am
    Forum Host
    I think I have to make that caramel oat bars for my DH, he loves anything caramel icon_lol.gif He's not gluten free, but that way, I don't have to worry about contamination, and I can try a bit of it, too icon_wink.gif
    Galley Wench
    Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I'm new to this but I believe the do make GF oatmeal . . . as with any allergy they have to be careful with contamination, that's why I'd be afraid to buy from the bulk bins . . who knows where the 'scoop' has been.
    Galley Wench
    Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Mia in Germany wrote:
    I think I have to make that caramel oat bars for my DH, he loves anything caramel icon_lol.gif He's not gluten free, but that way, I don't have to worry about contamination, and I can try a bit of it, too icon_wink.gif



    I'm sure it will work, they have the texture of a granola bar, but more moist and VERY tasty!
    pammyowl
    Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Oats are naturally GF, but if you have Celiacs, you must make sure they were processed in a GF facility, I believe. However, it gets even more complicated. If the farmer who grows the oats also grows wheat there may be cross contamination. ,we who do not have this condition are SO lucky!
    duonyte
    Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 am
    Forum Host


    Spotted this review of a GF bread this morning, good looking bread. Easy Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread Recipe

    I am sure the 2 1/2 ounces of yeast is actually .025 ounces yeast - a standard envelope or 2 1/4 tsp active dry, 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast.
    Bonnie G #2
    Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Oh that does look good. I'll be home for 2 week vacation in less than 10 days and can't wait to try some of these.
    Cookgirl
    Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm
    Forum Host
    Bonnie G #2
    Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Thanks for that link, interesting - I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out.
    duonyte
    Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 am
    Forum Host
    I just posted a recipe for GF sourdough English muffins that I thought looked really good, Gluten-Free Sourdough English Muffins . The original recipe was on King Arthur, they look really nice http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2012/11/21/gluten-free-sourdough-english-muffins/

    They have a starter recipe, too but it uses proprietary products and I wondered about the gluten in both the french bread starter and the ancient grain mix they specify. Anyway, I had found a GF starter that I posted earlier.
    Bonnie G #2
    Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Those sound good.
    pammyowl
    Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:08 am
    Food.com Groupie
    duonyte wrote:
    I just posted a recipe for GF sourdough English muffins that I thought looked really good, Gluten-Free Sourdough English Muffins . The original recipe was on King Arthur, they look really nice http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2012/11/21/gluten-free-sourdough-english-muffins/

    They have a starter recipe, too but it uses proprietary products and I wondered about the gluten in both the french bread starter and the ancient grain mix they specify. Anyway, I had found a GF starter that I posted earlier.

    KAF produces it's GF flours i a completely different building from their gluten flours. Absolutely no cross contamination. They take their products seriously!
    Mia is the go to person here, she makes her own GF starter.
    duonyte
    Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 pm
    Forum Host
    I am sure the GF flours are GF. But their starter recipe calls for French bread starter and for Ancient Grains flour. Those are the things I wonder about - they aren't things I would expect to be GF. I earlier posted a GF starter recipe also, Gluten-Free Sourdough Starter
    Mia in Germany
    Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 pm
    Forum Host
    pammyowl wrote:
    duonyte wrote:
    I just posted a recipe for GF sourdough English muffins that I thought looked really good, Gluten-Free Sourdough English Muffins . The original recipe was on King Arthur, they look really nice http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2012/11/21/gluten-free-sourdough-english-muffins/

    They have a starter recipe, too but it uses proprietary products and I wondered about the gluten in both the french bread starter and the ancient grain mix they specify. Anyway, I had found a GF starter that I posted earlier.

    KAF produces it's GF flours i a completely different building from their gluten flours. Absolutely no cross contamination. They take their products seriously!
    Mia is the go to person here, she makes her own GF starter.


    wave.gif
    I love English muffins and definitely will try these! Pammy is right, I have my own starter which is yeast free, just sourdough from a dry gf sourdough which can be purchased in Germany. I'm curious how this will turn out, I've wanted to try gf English muffins for ages. Thanks for the link! icon_biggrin.gif
    duonyte
    Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 pm
    Forum Host
    I just saw this recipe and had to post it, looks good, Gluten-Free Walnut Brownies

    Here is what it looks like on the blog where I found it

    http://www.mysisterskitchenonline.com/2012/09/10/gluten-free-brownies/
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites