Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Cooking Contests & Events / REGIONAL COOKBOOK SWAP - CLOSED
    Lost? Site Map

    REGIONAL COOKBOOK SWAP - CLOSED

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next Page >>
    Buzymomof3
    Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Mike - I'm glad you liked it. I also meant to put in a moon pie, but life got too crazy. The goodies were mainly manufactured in the south (except for the vanilla beans, but I've been in a make my own vanilla extract kick, so I stuck it in), the Butt Rub being from the farthest south in Florida. I just wish I had had time to go to the Lodge factory up the street in TN so I could have gotten a cast iron cookbook too.

    Kerfuffle,
    yeah I thought of getting him both an Auburn and an Alabama chocolate, but figured he probably didn't know about the two rival Alabama SEC championship team battles so it wouldn't make sense and unfortunately it was just Russel Stovers, not a local brand like the wonderful stuff he gave me.

    Rachael/Sharon,
    Wow - I used to have that alpha bakery cookbook. I LOVED it and remember making lots of things from it. Thanks so much for the memories. Now if I could only find the Charlie Brown lunchbox cookbook where we got the new cinnamon toast recipe.

    My DD and her fiancee have stolen the curry chocolate right out of my hands. He took a bite and said 'interesting', then 30 seconds later went, 'wow - I like how that ends, spicy!' and grabbed another square. She promptly wrapped up the rest and hid it from him or else there wouldn't be any left for her. I have the sea salt/truffle one at work for today. Figured that was the only way to keep it safe icon_wink.gif

    Had a ball - thanks everyone for sharing your goodies and the hosts for putting this on!
    Random Rachel
    Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Buzymomof3 wrote:
    ...Now if I could only find the Charlie Brown lunchbox cookbook where we got the new cinnamon toast recipe....


    Curiosity got the better of me, is this it? Its what I found when I searched for "Charlie Brown Lunchbox Cookbook" icon_smile.gif



    http://www.amazon.com/Peanuts-Lunch-Bag-Cook-Book/dp/B0006DWRTI
    CoffeeB
    Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I"d be very interested in seeing what kinds of recipes are in that Charlie Brown Cookbook. Interesting~
    Mikekey
    Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Buzymomof3 wrote:
    Mike - I'm glad you liked it. I also meant to put in a moon pie, but life got too crazy. The goodies were mainly manufactured in the south (except for the vanilla beans, but I've been in a make my own vanilla extract kick, so I stuck it in), the Butt Rub being from the farthest south in Florida. I just wish I had had time to go to the Lodge factory up the street in TN so I could have gotten a cast iron cookbook too.

    Kerfuffle,
    yeah I thought of getting him both an Auburn and an Alabama chocolate, but figured he probably didn't know about the two rival Alabama SEC championship team battles so it wouldn't make sense and unfortunately it was just Russel Stovers, not a local brand like the wonderful stuff he gave me.

    Rachael/Sharon,
    Wow - I used to have that alpha bakery cookbook. I LOVED it and remember making lots of things from it. Thanks so much for the memories. Now if I could only find the Charlie Brown lunchbox cookbook where we got the new cinnamon toast recipe.

    My DD and her fiancee have stolen the curry chocolate right out of my hands. He took a bite and said 'interesting', then 30 seconds later went, 'wow - I like how that ends, spicy!' and grabbed another square. She promptly wrapped up the rest and hid it from him or else there wouldn't be any left for her. I have the sea salt/truffle one at work for today. Figured that was the only way to keep it safe icon_wink.gif

    Had a ball - thanks everyone for sharing your goodies and the hosts for putting this on!


    Somewhere in my cookbook collection, I might have that Lodge cookbook, or at least I used to icon_smile.gif And I do know about the Auburn/Tide rivalry-we don't all live in log cabins with no TV up here in the hinterlands-rotfl.gif Russell Stover makes the same bars for UW and WSU up here.

    Thanks for being a great swap partner.
    Buzymomof3
    Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Mikekey wrote:

    Somewhere in my cookbook collection, I might have that Lodge cookbook, or at least I used to icon_smile.gif And I do know about the Auburn/Tide rivalry-we don't all live in log cabins with no TV up here in the hinterlands-rotfl.gif Russell Stover makes the same bars for UW and WSU up here.

    Thanks for being a great swap partner.


    Mike - no disrespect intended, I'm not a sports fan and the only reason I knew about Auburn is my daughter wanted to be a vet. . . that is until I started working and everyone at work had their 'colors' and such going. I also now know of a team called LSU who are purple/gold because when they win we get purple and gold cookies (to rub it in to the orange/blue and red/white fans). It's amazing when food is involved team spirit is out the window, they all eat them.

    I have to share, the fisrt weekend in October was Solar Energy day or something like that, different places had different tours to encourage/promote solar energy. I went to the tour an hour south of here in Bloutntsville. It was FANTASTIC!!! There was a house that was made of straw bales, one underground, a yert, and one with geothermal heat which is something I really wanted to do when my a/c went out 5 years ago, but couldn't afford it. So I ended up with a dual fuel unit.. Our tour guide was the yert owner. He does home energy audits - I had taken a workshop from him and that is how I found out about the tour. Ironically he doesn't have and indoor toilet (or shower for that matter as it's 'under' the house and has a great view of the back field). It was such a great tour and I'd love to live in some of those houses - except I would insist on one of the indoor toilet ones. Surprisingly the mostly outdoor shower with the view doesn't bother me. http://ases.org/solar-tour/tours/blount-county-alabama-solar-home-tour/

    So from hicksville to the hinterland, Hi neighbor!

    Rachel - YES, that is the book! Too funny, I may just have to order it at some point. Amazon is great for keeping memories alive.
    CoffeeB
    Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I hope you have warm weather where you are Buzy...and year round too. Outdoor showers and toilets would not bode well here in Michigan...and in fact I know of absolutely no-one that has either of those. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
    Mikekey
    Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Or here in Puget Sound area either. Brrrr AND WET! icon_lol.gif

    Buzy, you might try eBay also for that book. Some great deals there and a lot of collectibles and older stuff, especially cookbooks.

    And I wasn't feeleing dissed icon_wink.gif The main reason I know about SEC football and Alabama, etc, is that on Saturdays we can't get the local college games without cable but we get at least one SEC game a week on network TV icon_evil.gif (we don't have cable, since we really don't like watching TV-we watch movies from the library and rentals, and some TV shows after they come out on DVD-)
    Buzymomof3
    Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:26 am
    Food.com Groupie
    No, it actually does snow here, granted not much and not even every year, but it does get cold enough to. They have solar hot water and it gets to 140, so you can stay warm until you turn off the water. Then it's a chilly sprint up the stairs to the house. Not much different than being in an outdoor heated pool in the winter and getting back inside after (did that too in Austria).

    One of the houses had their stove on the front porch in the summer and moved it in during the winter, the other put it on the screened in porch one year in the summer and then just left it there. She said she enjoys cooking in the fresh air and doesn't need it to heat her house at all, so they left it there. This house also had a sunken bathtub with a picture window at the end to look out while bathing. I think that would be my style, less bugs.

    I have sports friends who get annoyed at the TV too, sometimes the Alabama game is only on the premium package/higher channels. We have the higher channels since it is the only way to get BBC America and see Dr. Who. So a friend of ours would come over to watch the game, even if we aren't here.

    I'll go check out e-bay when I have some money to spare, but it may be a while. Between Christmas coming up, a cruise in April (we're all going on my Aunt's honeymoon cruise with her as a mini family reunion), and my son needing $6k in dental, $9k in orthodontic work, plus a jaw surgery over the next 14 months, I think I'm going on a budget!
    CoffeeB
    Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:12 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Good Grief Buzy...looks like we caught you in a good place financially with this swap bf the buck stops. icon_eek.gif We're going to be doing a major kitchen/bath remodel in about a month, so I can relate $$$$. Knocking down walls, extending the bathroom. I mean major. It'll be great once its done, but meantime I'm stressing over all the details. icon_cry.gif
    La Dilettante
    Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Re: *Best of the Best of Missouri*---my spunky sister-in-law, Tupper, illustrated most of this "Best of..." series of books with her charming pen-and-ink drawings! Small world...
    lauralie41
    Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    La Dilettante wrote:
    Re: *Best of the Best of Missouri*---my spunky sister-in-law, Tupper, illustrated most of this "Best of..." series of books with her charming pen-and-ink drawings! Small world...


    that is cool La Dilettante! it is a very small world! icon_smile.gif
    morgainegeiser
    Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I received a wonderful collection of cookbooks today from jociecee (Jocelyn). Couldn't have arrived on a better day, they are weaning me off one of my BP meds and I have felt weird all day from it, it sorta got me down. The drug has bad side effects, but coming off of it has some pretty bad side effects, too. Definitely not a win win situation. So I am going to try and lose myself in these cookbooks and try and focus on something else besides how awful I feel. I am taking a picture on my phone and will post it later. But I got:
    The Flavor of New England
    The Pilmoth Cook Book
    The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
    The Fine Arts Cookbook
    CoffeeB
    Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Those sound like wonderful additions to any cookbook collection Morgan. I'll get that noted that you've received one of your pkgs from your mates. I"m glad it lifted your spirits for the day. icon_biggrin.gif
    CoffeeB
    Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:54 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    icon_lol.gif
    Bblondie08
    Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Hi my partner Jackieohno is out of town ups left the package on her porch on the 23 . I wrote her about this she said she was going to check with her neighbor to see if she had gotten her package. I have not heard back from her. Just thought I would update on my package that I had sent hope she got it ok.
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites