Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Menu Ideas & Help / Menu for Week of August 25 thru August 31, 2012
    Lost? Site Map

    Menu for Week of August 25 thru August 31, 2012

    Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Page >>
    Charmie777
    Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm
    Forum Host
    Hello my menu buddies!!! How is everyone doing on sticking to their menus? I've not really too much. So lots of repeats. I have a couple weeks left of the ZWT and then I'll be less up in the air about what I'm preparing. But my family loves all the meals!!!
    This past week I had an impromptu going away dinner for my son's friend (off to college) and he requested BBQ Chicken pizzas so I made them on the grill. I pregrilled the crusts lightly and they became like Boboli crusts. Then waited until everyone was ready to eat. The made them assembly line style and the boys grilled them until cheese was bubbly. Great success.

    Here's my menu for the coming week. Share yours!!!

    Saturday - menfolk all going to Dodger Game so no cooking for me.

    Sunday - Panzanella Salad With Bacon, Tomato and Basil to use up tomatoes and basil from garden, Bbq Pork Steak and potatoes

    Monday - Mexican Stir-Fry by Di! icon_smile.gif, the usual sides (I hope to make this this week, but might have to put it off to make a ZWT recipe)

    Tuesday - Using the Christmas Ham Bone, Makes You Feel Good Potato Soup (I have a ham bone in freezer), or some similar recipe - there are many I'm looking at

    Wednesday - Busy Night Microwave Wet Burritos - I'm going out to eat with friends, so the burritos are for the menfolk

    Thursday - Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, bread and salad

    Friday - Kenyan Ground Round Curry I think, or a ZWT recipe.
    SarasotaCook
    Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:14 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Hey C -
    Love Sun and Mon menus.
    Panzanella is always good in my book.
    Have had a crazy week with my Lunch Catering. 45 lunches M-F is fun, but work. Getting up at 3-4 am, is not easy; trust me. I don't sleep much, but chillin in bed and watching re-runs is easier than going to work at that time.

    This week ... maybe we will get some rain from Issac, maybe not. But other than work,nothing much going on here.

    Back in just a bit with the menu; finishing up some things
    SarasotaCook
    Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Preparing 45 lunches M-F is really a lot of work. Getting up at 3 or 4am not easy - it is hard, but; it has been a great 'gig.' Only 6 more weeks to go, LOL. Not too much going on here; pretty boring week; work, work, and work. But, poker tomorrow night !! My 2 ladies come back after almost 3 weeks from overseas; so I stocked their fridge; and poker, did I say poker, lol. It is back on ... so that makes me happy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Lady #1 and #2: They get home late today, so, I am leaving them a pot of corn and ham chowder; white and wheat bread, cream cheese muffins w/fresh strawberry freezer jam, some 'veggies,' fresh fruit, lunch meat; and Greek pasta salad. Something they can have on hand
    Me: Poker night
    http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/five-ingredient-crock-pot-beef-carnitas; all the sides. Tortillas, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, etc.; black beans and rice on the side; spicy grilled shrimp to start; and grilled corn on the cob
    ----------
    SUN ...
    Bread/Soup Day: Still using everything up before it goes bad. But, probably a loaf of white bread
    Roasted chicken - $3 chickens at my store; why not; I bought 3. I roasted 1, froze 2, just cut it up for sandwiches or meals during the week; freeze the rest.
    Dinner: Leftovers from poker night, I know 2 nights in a row, but I don't care. Tacos or tostadas EASY!
    ----------
    MON ...
    Lunch: Cold Mexican tortilla roll ups; and a Mexican salad
    Either tomato or spinach wraps stuffed with a mix of either chorizo or chicken, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, black beans, cilantro; scallions, olives, red peppers; all rolled up tightly and sliced into thirds. A salad of a crisp iceberg wedge with tomato, cucumber, and a creamy avocado dressing
    Lady #1 and #2: Back from vacation - Chicken Stew, but, still working on a recipe; homemade bread, and salad
    Me: Chicken from Sun; sauteed with olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, white wine; tossed with pasta and feta. Served with maybe a salad or grilled bread. It will really be a fridge and pantry clean out.
    ----------
    TUES ...
    Lunch: Buffet Style - Baked pasta with chicken sausage
    Penne pasta baked with lots of fresh mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers, fresh and sun dried tomatoes, sausage, and 3 cheeses, including ricotta; toasted garlic bread with an artichoke spread
    Me: Corn, black bean, and green chilie quesadillas - pepper jack cheese, salsa, tomato, sour cream, etc ... grilled romaine with cucumber, red onion; and a leftover avocado dressing from Sat
    ----------
    WED ...
    Lunch: Roast beef sandwiches and a spicy pesto potato salad
    Roast beef on artisian 5 grain bread w/creamy horseradish sauce or a spicy mustard sauce (their choice), swiss cheese and thin pickled onions; and a pesto potato salad, with red onion and artichokes
    Lady #1 and #2: Plans in the community, a special event
    Me: Cold meatloaf (freezer stash) sandwich; onion rings, coleslaw
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Lunch: Buffet Again: Soup Day; 3 soups, homemade bread; relish tray
    Beef barley; creamy potato with chicken; and vegetable. I have garnishes like scallions, tomatoes, cheese, croutons, and fresh herbs. Homemade white and wheat bread thick sliced, with fresh homemade butter - yes homemade; and a relish tray. Typical roasted tomatoes, pickles, olives, marinated mushrooms, artichokes, cauliflower, etc.
    Lady #3 and Me: Sweet and sour pork, served over jasmine rice; fruit salad
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Lunch: Traditional Cobb Salad done FL style with a mix of homemade bread sticks
    The basic Cobb salad; but ... shrimp, chicken, mango, avocado, hearts of palm, etc. Lots of FL flavors. Served with 3 dressings: a vinaigrette, blue cheese, and creamy green goddess. On the side, homemade breadsticks. Some with sesame seeds, or parmesan, or poppy seeds.
    Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night TBD
    Me: Out
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Kerala Scallop Curry!!!!!!!!!!!



    SOMEONE got caught out LICKING the dish too! lol

    Cannot remember the last time I ever did do!!! But seriously this is a restaurant quality dish and seeing naan bread and anything to slop up the sauce other than the radicchio....So all in good fun!

    Moment captured pretty darn quick too!

    WHOO HOO!



    Based on this recipe with a few changes icon_smile.gif


    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1326/kerala-prawn-curry

    WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!

    Posting in the photos forum
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    Hello my menu buddies!!! How is everyone doing on sticking to their menus? I've not really too much. So lots of repeats. I have a couple weeks left of the ZWT and then I'll be less up in the air about what I'm preparing. But my family loves all the meals!!!
    This past week I had an impromptu going away dinner for my son's friend (off to college) and he requested BBQ Chicken pizzas so I made them on the grill. I pregrilled the crusts lightly and they became like Boboli crusts. Then waited until everyone was ready to eat. The made them assembly line style and the boys grilled them until cheese was bubbly. Great success.

    Here's my menu for the coming week. Share yours!!!

    Saturday - menfolk all going to Dodger Game so no cooking for me.

    Sunday - Panzanella Salad With Bacon, Tomato and Basil to use up tomatoes and basil from garden, Bbq Pork Steak and potatoes

    Monday - Mexican Stir-Fry by Di! icon_smile.gif, the usual sides (I hope to make this this week, but might have to put it off to make a ZWT recipe)

    Tuesday - Using the Christmas Ham Bone, Makes You Feel Good Potato Soup (I have a ham bone in freezer), or some similar recipe - there are many I'm looking at

    Wednesday - Busy Night Microwave Wet Burritos - I'm going out to eat with friends, so the burritos are for the menfolk

    Thursday - Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, bread and salad

    Friday - Kenyan Ground Round Curry I think, or a ZWT recipe.


    Gotta love those Burritos!! icon_smile.gif
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:20 am
    Food.com Groupie
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    Preparing 45 lunches M-F is really a lot of work. Getting up at 3 or 4am not easy - it is hard, but; it has been a great 'gig.' Only 6 more weeks to go, LOL. Not too much going on here; pretty boring week; work, work, and work. But, poker tomorrow night !! My 2 ladies come back after almost 3 weeks from overseas; so I stocked their fridge; and poker, did I say poker, lol. It is back on ... so that makes me happy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Lady #1 and #2: They get home late today, so, I am leaving them a pot of corn and ham chowder; white and wheat bread, cream cheese muffins w/fresh strawberry freezer jam, some 'veggies,' fresh fruit, lunch meat; and Greek pasta salad. Something they can have on hand
    Me: Poker night
    http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/five-ingredient-crock-pot-beef-carnitas; all the sides. Tortillas, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, etc.; black beans and rice on the side; spicy grilled shrimp to start; and grilled corn on the cob
    ----------
    SUN ...
    Bread/Soup Day: Still using everything up before it goes bad. But, probably a loaf of white bread
    Roasted chicken - $3 chickens at my store; why not; I bought 3. I roasted 1, froze 2, just cut it up for sandwiches or meals during the week; freeze the rest.
    Dinner: Leftovers from poker night, I know 2 nights in a row, but I don't care. Tacos or tostadas EASY!
    ----------
    MON ...
    Lunch: Cold Mexican tortilla roll ups; and a Mexican salad
    Either tomato or spinach wraps stuffed with a mix of either chorizo or chicken, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, black beans, cilantro; scallions, olives, red peppers; all rolled up tightly and sliced into thirds. A salad of a crisp iceberg wedge with tomato, cucumber, and a creamy avocado dressing
    Lady #1 and #2: Back from vacation - Chicken Stew, but, still working on a recipe; homemade bread, and salad
    Me: Chicken from Sun; sauteed with olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, white wine; tossed with pasta and feta. Served with maybe a salad or grilled bread. It will really be a fridge and pantry clean out.
    ----------
    TUES ...
    Lunch: Buffet Style - Baked pasta with chicken sausage
    Penne pasta baked with lots of fresh mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers, fresh and sun dried tomatoes, sausage, and 3 cheeses, including ricotta; toasted garlic bread with an artichoke spread
    Me: Corn, black bean, and green chilie quesadillas - pepper jack cheese, salsa, tomato, sour cream, etc ... grilled romaine with cucumber, red onion; and a leftover avocado dressing from Sat
    ----------
    WED ...
    Lunch: Roast beef sandwiches and a spicy pesto potato salad
    Roast beef on artisian 5 grain bread w/creamy horseradish sauce or a spicy mustard sauce (their choice), swiss cheese and thin pickled onions; and a pesto potato salad, with red onion and artichokes
    Lady #1 and #2: Plans in the community, a special event
    Me: Cold meatloaf (freezer stash) sandwich; onion rings, coleslaw
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Lunch: Buffet Again: Soup Day; 3 soups, homemade bread; relish tray
    Beef barley; creamy potato with chicken; and vegetable. I have garnishes like scallions, tomatoes, cheese, croutons, and fresh herbs. Homemade white and wheat bread thick sliced, with fresh homemade butter - yes homemade; and a relish tray. Typical roasted tomatoes, pickles, olives, marinated mushrooms, artichokes, cauliflower, etc.
    Lady #3 and Me: Sweet and sour pork, served over jasmine rice; fruit salad
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Lunch: Traditional Cobb Salad done FL style with a mix of homemade bread sticks
    The basic Cobb salad; but ... shrimp, chicken, mango, avocado, hearts of palm, etc. Lots of FL flavors. Served with 3 dressings: a vinaigrette, blue cheese, and creamy green goddess. On the side, homemade breadsticks. Some with sesame seeds, or parmesan, or poppy seeds.
    Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night TBD
    Me: Out


    You are MY AMERICAN IDOL icon_smile.gif, MY CHAMPION and my Twinie too!
    GREAT GREAt menu and am OH SO PROUD of YOU!
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Above recipe is now posted!

    WHOO HOO

    http://www.food.com/recipe/kerala-scallop-curry-485932

    Hope someone will make it and review! icon_smile.gif
    SarasotaCook
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:32 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Scallops ... definitely a great looking dish ...But I love that strange person lickin that plate rotfl.gif That is classic. But that scallop dish does look really good.
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:45 am
    Food.com Groupie
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    Scallops ... definitely a great looking dish ...But I love that strange person lickin that plate rotfl.gif That is classic. But that scallop dish does look really good.


    lol lol lol

    I KNOW, she LOOKS possessed too! lol

    Wonder if her head will start spinning aorund like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist too! lol lol

    Thanks Twinie!

    WHOO HOO!
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Good Morning icon_biggrin.gif Survived the first week of school and now we start football madness. One kid is playing and one is cheering, so we'll be going to two high school games/week, UA home games on Saturdays, and NFL on TV on Sunday. icon_eek.gif But, we love it.

    Here is the plan:
    Monday: JV football game night-Easy, Inexpensive Lentil Tacos, salad

    Tuesday: Chicken Pizza Packets and salad

    Wednesday: Stuffed Zucchini, baked sweet potato, salad

    Thursday: Asparagus-Mushroom Primavera, salad, and Strawberry Cheesecake Pie

    Friday: Eat out after HS game, then Cocktail Time-Watermelon Margaritas by the pool

    Work Lunches: Smoked Turkey and Country Ham Salad Sandwich and Shrimp Banh Mi

    Snacks: Zucchini Appetizers and Spicy Cashews
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:28 am
    Food.com Groupie
    mickeydownunder wrote:


    Now THAT is funny icon_biggrin.gif
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 am
    Food.com Groupie
    mickeydownunder wrote:
    Charmie777 wrote:
    Hello my menu buddies!!! How is everyone doing on sticking to their menus? I've not really too much. So lots of repeats. I have a couple weeks left of the ZWT and then I'll be less up in the air about what I'm preparing. But my family loves all the meals!!!
    This past week I had an impromptu going away dinner for my son's friend (off to college) and he requested BBQ Chicken pizzas so I made them on the grill. I pregrilled the crusts lightly and they became like Boboli crusts. Then waited until everyone was ready to eat. The made them assembly line style and the boys grilled them until cheese was bubbly. Great success.

    Here's my menu for the coming week. Share yours!!!

    Saturday - menfolk all going to Dodger Game so no cooking for me.

    Sunday - Panzanella Salad With Bacon, Tomato and Basil to use up tomatoes and basil from garden, Bbq Pork Steak and potatoes

    Monday - Mexican Stir-Fry by Di! icon_smile.gif, the usual sides (I hope to make this this week, but might have to put it off to make a ZWT recipe)

    Tuesday - Using the Christmas Ham Bone, Makes You Feel Good Potato Soup (I have a ham bone in freezer), or some similar recipe - there are many I'm looking at

    Wednesday - Busy Night Microwave Wet Burritos - I'm going out to eat with friends, so the burritos are for the menfolk

    Thursday - Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, bread and salad

    Friday - Kenyan Ground Round Curry I think, or a ZWT recipe.


    Gotta love those Burritos!! icon_smile.gif


    Ditto on the burritos; Dodgers game--so jealous icon_biggrin.gif
    Charmie777
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am
    Forum Host
    mickeydownunder wrote:
    Above recipe is now posted!

    WHOO HOO

    http://www.food.com/recipe/kerala-scallop-curry-485932

    Hope someone will make it and review! icon_smile.gif


    Looks fantastic!
    Charmie777
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 am
    Forum Host
    ratherbeswimmin' wrote:
    Good Morning icon_biggrin.gif Survived the first week of school and now we start football madness. One kid is playing and one is cheering, so we'll be going to two high school games/week, UA home games on Saturdays, and NFL on TV on Sunday. icon_eek.gif But, we love it.

    Here is the plan:
    Monday: JV football game night-Easy, Inexpensive Lentil Tacos, salad

    Tuesday: Chicken Pizza Packets and salad

    Wednesday: Stuffed Zucchini, baked sweet potato, salad

    Thursday: Asparagus-Mushroom Primavera, salad, and Strawberry Cheesecake Pie

    Friday: Eat out after HS game, then Cocktail Time-Watermelon Margaritas by the pool

    Work Lunches: Smoked Turkey and Country Ham Salad Sandwich and Shrimp Banh Mi

    Snacks: Zucchini Appetizers and Spicy Cashews

    The lentil tacos look good to me...now if I can just convince my family that it's good. Saving for a hopeful future!
    The Sometimes Housewife
    Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:09 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    I had a rough week last week and all I did was lay in bed as much as possible. I snapped out of that though and I'm doing a lot better. For which hubby is grateful because that doesn't mean he has to fend for himself.
    *************
    Saturday: "Crock Pot Beefy Spanish Rice"

    Sunday: Spiced chicken wings

    Monday: Fried tilapia and "Kfc Coleslaw

    Tuesday: Chicken stew with tomatoes, onions, and Dijon and Cheese biscuits

    Wednesday: "Crock Pot Pork Chops in Homemade BBQ Sauce" and honey glazed roasted carrots

    Thursday: "Broccoli Cheese Soup for the Crock Pot" and leftover cheddar biscuits

    Friday: Scrounge night. Hubby gets home at midnight and has to be up at 5am for work.
    Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites