Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Cooking Contests & Events / Ready, Set, Cook: Special Food.com Edition: Win $1,500 Bucks
    Lost? Site Map

    Ready, Set, Cook: Special Food.com Edition: Win $1,500 Bucks

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Page >>
    3KillerBs
    Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:55 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    OK, having looked at the recipes submitted so far I'm confused.

    I thought that the foil had to be integral to the dish and that just using it to line or cover a pan was not acceptable. But there are several that just use foil to cover a skillet or baking dish.

    icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
    breezermom
    Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:27 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Didn't realize we could already post recipes.....can't get around to testing mine until the weekend, well maybe tomorrow night. Still doing ZWT and work full time. So I am way behind the curve here!

    As for the foil, suggestions were to make a "packet" or "tent" the dish.
    3KillerBs
    Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:00 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    My submission, Grilled Chilies With Beef and Cheese Stuffing #RSC is showing in my public recipes with all the contest tag stuff, but its not showing on the contest page.
    Jasmine.
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:52 am
    Food.com Groupie
    gemini08 wrote:
    Hi, Liza,

    I just received the email that my RSC "Foil Baked Tilapia With Fiesta Rice #RSC" has been published, however, it does not show on the RSC page. Is that an oversight or will it be updated tomorrow?

    Thanks, gemini08


    Hello Gemini08,

    Nice tilapia picture! Your recipe is posted.

    There is a one day delay between the time recipes are approved and when they are posted on the website. For example, a recipe approved on a Monday will show up on a Tuesday.

    -Jasmine
    gemini08
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Thanks, Jasmine!

    Jasmine at Food.com wrote:
    gemini08 wrote:
    Hi, Liza,

    I just received the email that my RSC "Foil Baked Tilapia With Fiesta Rice #RSC" has been published, however, it does not show on the RSC page. Is that an oversight or will it be updated tomorrow?

    Thanks, gemini08


    Hello Gemini08,

    Nice tilapia picture! Your recipe is posted.

    There is a one day delay between the time recipes are approved and when they are posted on the website. For example, a recipe approved on a Monday will show up on a Tuesday.

    -Jasmine
    Jasmine.
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:42 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    breezermom wrote:
    Will these recipes be playable in the tag games? Or are they listed in my cookbooks since they are submitted in the special link?

    And when does voting start?

    Thanks!


    Voting starts at any time. Any recipes used in the contest should not be tagged in a game until after the winners are announced.
    Jasmine.
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    twissis wrote:
    So as a U.S. citizen living in Iceland, I'm excluded from participation in the contest. icon_sad.gif ... What about doing reviews icon_question.gif Will a review done by me count in the process icon_question.gif I'll actually be in the U.S. during that time & the ability to do reviews is a little unclear right now, but I wanted to ck anyway just in case. TIA. icon_smile.gif


    You may vote but not submit recipes if you are a US citizen not living in the US.

    BTW- I love Iceland. Beautiful country.
    Jasmine.
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:46 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    3KillerBs wrote:
    OK, having looked at the recipes submitted so far I'm confused.

    I thought that the foil had to be integral to the dish and that just using it to line or cover a pan was not acceptable. But there are several that just use foil to cover a skillet or baking dish.

    icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif


    Yes, you are correct. Foil needs to be an integral part of the dish. Points will be taken away for not submitting a proper recipe.
    3KillerBs
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Jasmine at Food.com wrote:
    3KillerBs wrote:
    OK, having looked at the recipes submitted so far I'm confused.

    I thought that the foil had to be integral to the dish and that just using it to line or cover a pan was not acceptable. But there are several that just use foil to cover a skillet or baking dish.

    icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif


    Yes, you are correct. Foil needs to be an integral part of the dish. Points will be taken away for not submitting a proper recipe.


    Thank you for clarifying. I wanted to be completely clear about that before submitting my next recipe.
    breezermom
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    [quote="Jasmine at Food.com"]
    breezermom wrote:
    Will these recipes be playable in the tag games? Or are they listed in my cookbooks since they are submitted in the special link?

    And when does voting start?

    Thanks!


    Voting starts at any time. Any recipes used in the contest should not be tagged in a game until after the winners are announced.[/quote

    I took my recipe out of all of my game books, but does that mean that if someone searches under my name and makes the recipe submitted for RSC, the recipe is disqualified? Seems like that is a bit unfair to those of us who are active here on food.com. The last contest (Simply Potatoes) allowed regular food.com members to make the recipe (even if for a tag game). Can you check with Liza on this? If the recipe can't be made in regular food.com threads, then I may need to post some kind of warning in the intro of the recipe asking people not to make the recipe.
    breezermom
    Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:59 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I entered two recipes into the contest yesterday. Today the second one I entered showed up on the Contest main page, but not the first. Both recipes do show up under "My Public Recipes". Is there a way to get the first recipe I entered to show up on the page? It is Mexican Stack-Up #rsc 486261.
    breezermom
    Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:34 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Okay, got the answer regarding putting the recipes in my gamebooks, and I have removed them from my gamebooks. But I still have a lost recipe out there. Posted Mexican Stack-Up #rsc using the RSC submission page, but it hasn't shown up. Posted it on Sept 1st. It's showing up in my public recipes, but still not showing up on the RSC contest page. Did it get lost because I posted a photo? See a couple of other recipes with photos, so don't think that is it.
    Nif
    Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:10 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I have entered the original version of this contest many times. I just saw that you have to live in the US to enter this copycat contest. There are a LOT of active food.com chefs who do not live in the States and I am one of them!

    Clearly, this contest isn't run by people who are active on the site. There's no structure or fairness to it and you won't include some integral members of the site. Shame.

    I'll just wait for Susie D. to do the "real" version of it. icon_wink.gif Monetary prize or not, she knows how to run things.

    Good luck to all of you who are allowed to enter! icon_biggrin.gif I mean that!!!
    CoffeeB
    Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:55 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Nif wrote:
    I have entered the original version of this contest many times. I just saw that you have to live in the US to enter this copycat contest. There are a LOT of active food.com chefs who do not live in the States and I am one of them!

    Clearly, this contest isn't run by people who are active on the site. There's no structure or fairness to it and you won't include some integral members of the site. Shame.

    I'll just wait for Susie D. to do the "real" version of it. icon_wink.gif Monetary prize or not, she knows how to run things.

    Good luck to all of you who are allowed to enter! icon_biggrin.gif I mean that!!!


    You're speaking for lots of us Nif. Originally I was excited to see this contest, but then once I started looking things over....my instincts started speaking to me. Participants entering the contest that had joined that day is one red flag for me and a few other odd things that just didn't gel.
    I love the original RSC and look forward to it being brought back by Susie. [/b]
    Nif
    Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    CoffeeB wrote:
    Nif wrote:
    I have entered the original version of this contest many times. I just saw that you have to live in the US to enter this copycat contest. There are a LOT of active food.com chefs who do not live in the States and I am one of them!

    Clearly, this contest isn't run by people who are active on the site. There's no structure or fairness to it and you won't include some integral members of the site. Shame.

    I'll just wait for Susie D. to do the "real" version of it. icon_wink.gif Monetary prize or not, she knows how to run things.

    Good luck to all of you who are allowed to enter! icon_biggrin.gif I mean that!!!


    You're speaking for lots of us Nif. Originally I was excited to see this contest, but then once I started looking things over....my instincts started speaking to me. Participants entering the contest that had joined that day is one red flag for me and a few other odd things that just didn't gel.
    I love the original RSC and look forward to it being brought back by Susie. [/b]


    I'm glad you agree Coffee! I thought I was being a little harsh, but I honestly shared my true feelings.

    I feel like us old-timers are being disrespected and ignored. There! I said it!
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites