Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Middle East & North Africa / RAMADAN TAG 2012!
    Lost? Site Map

    RAMADAN TAG 2012!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next Page >>
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:41 am
    Forum Host
    ~~updated to here~~off to work!~~
    xo Bethie
    UmmBinat
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    JoyfulCook I remember you bringing up pork and such last year during Ramadan tag. It is completely forbidden to Muslims so please remove your recipes that contain it from your Ramadan tag cookbook.

    Thanks
    UmmBinat
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 am
    Food.com Groupie
    While your at it the recipes that call for alcohol as well.
    JoyfulCook
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:20 am
    Forum Host
    I dont have a Ramadan cookbook, and have never mentioned pork at all, it just happens to be in my recipes I am not muslim, and dont have a special cookbook - I assumed that anyone would have picked through my recipes to find one that was suitable. I am disappointed that you have been so harsh! I participated last year and no one took offence as they just ignored any recipes that were not suitable.

    I am saddened at your unprovoked attitude
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am
    Forum Host
    Correct, Joyful Cook. A separate Ramadan cookbook is not necessary. The link goes to ALL of her recipes. This is stated in the intro as is that participants must choose Ramadan appropriate recipes so you can just skip over any recipe containing pork or alcohol, UmmBinat.


    This is NOT a religious forum nor a political forum & nobody should be posting anything that could be offensive or hurtful towards another member. EVER.

    This forum & this site is about the sharing of food.

    Carry on!

    Beth
    Acadia*
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    wave.gif tagging Joyfulcook's Cheese Topping With Herbs and Spices, #436595

    Acadia is IT RAMADAN Recipes by Acadia*, #429127
    UmmBinat
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:39 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    JoyfulCook wrote:
    I dont have a Ramadan cookbook, and have never mentioned pork at all, it just happens to be in my recipes I am not muslim, and dont have a special cookbook - I assumed that anyone would have picked through my recipes to find one that was suitable. I am disappointed that you have been so harsh! I participated last year and no one took offence as they just ignored any recipes that were not suitable.

    I am saddened at your unprovoked attitude


    I must be mistaken but I spoke harshly because there was someone around saying something very bad to Muslims last year I think and I really thought it was your user name.

    I am sorry but that explains it and also I thought it was a cookbook icon_confused.gif
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:24 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat wrote:
    JoyfulCook wrote:
    I dont have a Ramadan cookbook, and have never mentioned pork at all, it just happens to be in my recipes I am not muslim, and dont have a special cookbook - I assumed that anyone would have picked through my recipes to find one that was suitable. I am disappointed that you have been so harsh! I participated last year and no one took offence as they just ignored any recipes that were not suitable.

    I am saddened at your unprovoked attitude


    I must be mistaken but I spoke harshly because there was someone around saying something very bad to Muslims last year I think and I really thought it was your user name.

    I am sorry but that explains it and also I thought it was a cookbook icon_confused.gif


    thank you. icon_smile.gif xo
    UmmBinat
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Elmotoo wrote:
    UmmBinat wrote:
    JoyfulCook wrote:
    I dont have a Ramadan cookbook, and have never mentioned pork at all, it just happens to be in my recipes I am not muslim, and dont have a special cookbook - I assumed that anyone would have picked through my recipes to find one that was suitable. I am disappointed that you have been so harsh! I participated last year and no one took offence as they just ignored any recipes that were not suitable.

    I am saddened at your unprovoked attitude


    I must be mistaken but I spoke harshly because there was someone around saying something very bad to Muslims last year I think and I really thought it was your user name.

    I am sorry but that explains it and also I thought it was a cookbook icon_confused.gif


    thank you. icon_smile.gif xo


    I guess you forgot but I found the quote from a past Ramadan tag,

    JoyfulCook wrote:
    Muslims don't eat pork because in the Quran, its evil - pork is never eaten


    Read more at: http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=340480&start=1065&sid=347edc6d6cef3803314a4e701e4aa3dd

    This is what I was referring to. But later she said she had asked why Muslims don't eat pork that was the "dumb" reply she had received so she was just passing the information on.


    Last edited by UmmBinat on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total
    UmmBinat
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:53 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I am as polite as can be. In fact during Ramadan is a time to make sure your manners are correct.

    I mean no harm.
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat wrote:
    Elmotoo wrote:
    UmmBinat wrote:
    JoyfulCook wrote:
    I dont have a Ramadan cookbook, and have never mentioned pork at all, it just happens to be in my recipes I am not muslim, and dont have a special cookbook - I assumed that anyone would have picked through my recipes to find one that was suitable. I am disappointed that you have been so harsh! I participated last year and no one took offence as they just ignored any recipes that were not suitable.

    I am saddened at your unprovoked attitude


    I must be mistaken but I spoke harshly because there was someone around saying something very bad to Muslims last year I think and I really thought it was your user name.

    I am sorry but that explains it and also I thought it was a cookbook icon_confused.gif


    thank you. icon_smile.gif xo


    I guess you forgot but I found the quote from a past Ramadan tag,

    JoyfulCook wrote:
    Muslims don't eat pork because in the Quran, its evil - pork is never eaten


    Read more at: http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=340480&start=1065&sid=347edc6d6cef3803314a4e701e4aa3dd

    This is what I was referring to. But later she said she had asked why Muslims don't eat pork that was the "dumb" reply she had received so she was just passing the information on.


    And this was LAST year? Move on.
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 pm
    Forum Host
    Acadia* wrote:
    wave.gif tagging Joyfulcook's Cheese Topping With Herbs and Spices, #436595

    Acadia is IT RAMADAN Recipes by Acadia*, #429127
    JoyfulCook
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:42 pm
    Forum Host
    Yes, lets play! I have tagged Acadias Acadia's Mocha Malt Smoothie

    Joy is it. Recipes
    duonyte
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:18 pm
    Forum Host
    tagging JOy's Open Omelette #246922

    duonyte is it Ramadan Tag
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:29 pm
    Forum Host
    ~~updated to here~~
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites