Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Slow Cooker & Crock-Pot Cooking / ZWT 8 ~ A French Love Affair Challenge
    Lost? Site Map

    ZWT 8 ~ A French Love Affair Challenge

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Page >>
    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:07 pm
    Forum Host
    Nif wrote:
    lazyme wrote:
    Nif wrote:
    lazyme wrote:
    Nif wrote:


    Tonight I modified momaphet's Poulet R�ti (Roast Chicken) #234424 to become a crock pot dish - Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) for the Crock Pot #484491, which turned out really well!



    I made a couple of changes to make the original recipe crock pot friendly:
    - made a paste out of the olive oil and herbs to really rub into the chicken and keep the herbs where I put them!
    - put tin foil balls under the chicken to cook the it evenly.
    - chicken had to browned after cooking, under the oven broiler.

    Overall, I didn't have to do too much to convert this recipe! It was a great recipe for a crock pot!


    Sounds good and easy. I would ask if there were any leftovers for me - but I know your '3' boys! icon_lol.gif


    Well, Zac's at a Stampeders game and you eat like a bird so come on by! We have some left just for you!!!


    If I remember the trivia right - a bird eats something like 3 times it's weight everyday. icon_rolleyes.gif

    So......I think that sounds like I should show up for the next round! You will cook 3 birds, right?! icon_lol.gif


    Really?! 3 times their weight? Holy!.... icon_eek.gif

    Well, Darren goes to Winnipeg for a few days next week so come on up!


    Wish I could. icon_wink.gif
    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:08 pm
    Forum Host
    MomLuvs6 wrote:



    For the A French Love Affair Challenge:

    Have adapted Ragout of Beef #417314 by Chocolatl for Crock Pot.
    Adapted recipe ~ Crock Pot Ragout of Beef #484504

    This is an adapted recipe for the crock pot using Ragout of Beef #417314 by Chocolatl. Serve with noodles. Original recipe served 4, I doubled it for my family. Loved the aroma of this dish while it cooked in the crock pot.

    Used the same ingredients in the original recipes, followed the instruction for browning the meat and lightly browning the onions and green peppers. Didn't double the burgundy wine.

    The changes to this recipe:

    1. Doubled the recipe for my family.
    2. Used 3 onions instead of 4.
    3. Wrote instructions for cooking in crock pot.

    Delicious meal. Served it with noodles.

    ML6 icon_smile.gif


    Sounds good. Thanks.
    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:09 pm
    Forum Host
    Dienia B. wrote:

    i am using random racheals Soupe Au Pistou - Proven�al Vegetable Soup 483075 and have changed it to Soupe Au Pistou Crock Pot 484231 more later


    Sounds good Dee. Merci.
    mersaydees
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:15 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    For Diners, Winers, and Chives, I have completed this challenge. I converted Debbie R's French Herbed Chicken #181961 for the crockpot to the new Crockpot French Herbed Chicken #484525. I hardly made any changes in order to adapt this great recipe!

    From the new recipe's intro:

    I adapted Debbie R’s French Herbed Chicken for the crockpot for ZWT8’s “A French Love Affair Challenge.” Debbie’s original recipe says to discard the celery before serving. You can see from my photo that I left it in because I like celery a lot. It was not pretty cooked so I highly recommend discarding it before serving! The only changes I made to the ingredients was to skin the chicken and coat it with seasoned flour before browning and I increased the quantity of wine and seasonings just a little. I used a pinot grigio wine instead of sauterne white wine because I normally don’t use sauterne, although I’m eager to try it in this dish. I served this on a bed of brown rice couscous although it would be great on pasta or white rice. I cooked on high for 4 hours but it could have cooked less, so I would try somewhere between 3-4 hours. I didn’t test it on low setting, which I’m sure would work, just not for a full 8 hours. This is chicken after all! Thanks, Debbie, for inspiring this dish! icon_smile.gif

    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 pm
    Forum Host
    mersaydees wrote:


    For Diners, Winers, and Chives, I have completed this challenge. I converted Debbie R's French Herbed Chicken #181961 for the crockpot to the new Crockpot French Herbed Chicken #484525. I hardly made any changes in order to adapt this great recipe!

    From the new recipe's intro:

    I adapted Debbie R’s French Herbed Chicken for the crockpot for ZWT8’s “A French Love Affair Challenge.” Debbie’s original recipe says to discard the celery before serving. You can see from my photo that I left it in because I like celery a lot. It was not pretty cooked so I highly recommend discarding it before serving! The only changes I made to the ingredients was to skin the chicken and coat it with seasoned flour before browning and I increased the quantity of wine and seasonings just a little. I used a pinot grigio wine instead of sauterne white wine because I normally don’t use sauterne, although I’m eager to try it in this dish. I served this on a bed of brown rice couscous although it would be great on pasta or white rice. I cooked on high for 4 hours but it could have cooked less, so I would try somewhere between 3-4 hours. I didn’t test it on low setting, which I’m sure would work, just not for a full 8 hours. This is chicken after all! Thanks, Debbie, for inspiring this dish! icon_smile.gif



    Looks yummy Liisa. icon_biggrin.gif
    mersaydees
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    It was delicious, Vic! I will also try Debbie's French Herbed Chicken without the crockpot. I didn't have time to do both this round. icon_rolleyes.gif icon_biggrin.gif
    Dienia B.
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:49 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Dienia B. wrote:

    i am using random racheals Soupe Au Pistou - Proven�al Vegetable Soup 483075 and have changed it to Soupe Au Pistou Crock Pot 484231 more later
    ok on racheals recipe it called for 2 cups leeks i swithched to onions , they are cheaper here and more readily around
    same for the swiss chard i made the option for using spinach .
    rach used 8 cups water cause it was cooked on stovetop
    i used 2 cups of water my crockpot holds water like no ones business
    rach cooked veggies at different times i put all together on low
    adding the pasta when you got home later
    rach used tomato fresh i used tomato canned fire roasted in the pistou
    i also topped the soup with croutons
    here my soup . i need to make rachs later cause hers looks wicked good
    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:15 pm
    Forum Host
    Dienia B. wrote:
    Dienia B. wrote:

    i am using random racheals Soupe Au Pistou - Proven�al Vegetable Soup 483075 and have changed it to Soupe Au Pistou Crock Pot 484231 more later
    ok on racheals recipe it called for 2 cups leeks i swithched to onions , they are cheaper here and more readily around
    same for the swiss chard i made the option for using spinach .
    rach used 8 cups water cause it was cooked on stovetop
    i used 2 cups of water my crockpot holds water like no ones business
    rach cooked veggies at different times i put all together on low
    adding the pasta when you got home later
    rach used tomato fresh i used tomato canned fire roasted in the pistou
    i also topped the soup with croutons
    here my soup . i need to make rachs later cause hers looks wicked good


    Merci Dee. Sounds good!
    PanNan
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    For the Lively Lemon Lovelies I will adapt Braised Red Cabbage (Choux Rouges Braiss) #232732 by Bayhill for the crockpot.
    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:48 pm
    Forum Host
    PanNan wrote:


    For the Lively Lemon Lovelies I will adapt Braised Red Cabbage (Choux Rouges Brais�s) #232732 by Bayhill for the crockpot.


    Sounds like a good one.
    Maryland Jim
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    For the "A French Love Affair" Challenge

    The recipe I chose is Roasted Chicken With Thyme and Honey Cream 168133 by ~Leslie~

    My new recipe is Chicken With Thyme and Cream Sauce - Crock-Pot (ZWT8) 484529

    The way that I adapted this recipe for the crock-pot is by not browning the chicken first in a frying pan, but I put the chicken directly into the crock-pot with fresh thyme sprigs, onion, wine and salt and pepper. I also use boneless/skinless chicken breast. After cooking the initial ingredients for 6 hours on a low setting, I removed the chicken, and mixed the remaining ingredients in the crock-pot, bringing to a simmer on high. I then returned the chicken to the crock-pot, lower the setting to low and heated the chicken for 20 minutes.

    Here are a couple of photos.



    AZPARZYCH
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:12 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    Used Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloins 218292 by Dreamgoddess to create
    Slow Cooker Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin 484544

    This was easy to change to a slow cooker recipe. I doubled the brown sugar and seasonings , coated the tenderloin in it and put what was left in the bowl on top of the tenderloin in the slow cooker so it would have a nice crust. I did think that there was a bit too much of the spices so in the recipe I created I only did 1 1/2 times more spices instead of doubled, but kept the brown sugar doubled. The brown sugar and spices cooked with the tenderloin juices made a nice sauce that thickened up into a syrup when it cooled slightly giving it a nice sweetness.



    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 pm
    Forum Host
    Maryland Jim wrote:


    For the "A French Love Affair" Challenge

    The recipe I chose is Roasted Chicken With Thyme and Honey Cream 168133 by ~Leslie~

    My new recipe is Chicken With Thyme and Cream Sauce - Crock-Pot (ZWT8) 484529

    The way that I adapted this recipe for the crock-pot is by not browning the chicken first in a frying pan, but I put the chicken directly into the crock-pot with fresh thyme sprigs, onion, wine and salt and pepper. I also use boneless/skinless chicken breast. After cooking the initial ingredients for 6 hours on a low setting, I removed the chicken, and mixed the remaining ingredients in the crock-pot, bringing to a simmer on high. I then returned the chicken to the crock-pot, lower the setting to low and heated the chicken for 20 minutes.

    Here are a couple of photos.





    Looks like a good one, Jim. Thanks for reporting your completion.
    lazyme
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:37 pm
    Forum Host
    AZPARZYCH wrote:


    Used Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloins 218292 by Dreamgoddess to create
    Slow Cooker Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin 484544

    This was easy to change to a slow cooker recipe. I doubled the brown sugar and seasonings , coated the tenderloin in it and put what was left in the bowl on top of the tenderloin in the slow cooker so it would have a nice crust. I did think that there was a bit too much of the spices so in the recipe I created I only did 1 1/2 times more spices instead of doubled, but kept the brown sugar doubled. The brown sugar and spices cooked with the tenderloin juices made a nice sauce that thickened up into a syrup when it cooled slightly giving it a nice sweetness.





    Looks yummy. Merci.
    PanNan
    Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:31 am
    Food.com Groupie


    For this challenge, I adapted Braised Red Cabbage (Choux Rouges Braiss) #232732 by Bayhill and posted Crockpot Braised Red Cabbage #484550. I added an apple, a bay leaf and some chicken stock. I also replaced the vinegar with the same amount of fresh lemon juice. When I made it I served it with sliced sausage (you can see it in the photo) to make it a meal with some french bread.

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites