Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Slow Cooker & Crock-Pot Cooking / ZWT 8 ~ A French Love Affair Challenge
    Lost? Site Map

    ZWT 8 ~ A French Love Affair Challenge

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Page >>
    LifeIsGood
    Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 am
    Forum Host


    I have completed A French Love Affair Challenge for team Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys (that is a mouthful!). This was so much fun and the results were great, thanks to the original recipe of course!

    I took momaphet's Poulet Rti (Roast Chicken) #234424 and changed it a bit so I could cook it in the handy dandy crockpot. This is the new recipe I came up with Crockpot Roasted Chicken (Poulet Roti - a Recipe Inspired by Che #484340

    Here are some adjustments I made for the crockpot:

    I added 2 onions to put into the bottom of the crockpot as a base.

    I used the same herb/spices from the original recipe but decreased the amounts a bit.

    Cooked in the crockpot 4-6 hours on low, instead of roasting in the oven.

    Voila! icon_biggrin.gif
    LifeIsGood
    Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 am
    Forum Host
    P.S. I JUST saw your comment about meeting for lunch in a French bistro.... I'll hop in the car right now. How long do you think it would take me to drive cross-country? I'll be starving!! icon_lol.gif
    lazyme
    Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 am
    Forum Host
    LifeIsGood wrote:


    I have completed A French Love Affair Challenge for team Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys (that is a mouthful!). This was so much fun and the results were great, thanks to the original recipe of course!

    I took momaphet's Poulet R�ti (Roast Chicken) #234424 and changed it a bit so I could cook it in the handy dandy crockpot. This is the new recipe I came up with Crockpot Roasted Chicken (Poulet Roti - a Recipe Inspired by Che #484340

    Here are some adjustments I made for the crockpot:

    I added 2 onions to put into the bottom of the crockpot as a base.

    I used the same herb/spices from the original recipe but decreased the amounts a bit.

    Cooked in the crockpot 4-6 hours on low, instead of roasting in the oven.

    Voila! icon_biggrin.gif


    Sounds good. Merci.
    lazyme
    Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 am
    Forum Host
    LifeIsGood wrote:
    P.S. I JUST saw your comment about meeting for lunch in a French bistro.... I'll hop in the car right now. How long do you think it would take me to drive cross-country? I'll be starving!! icon_lol.gif


    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif We'll both be starving!
    Charmie777
    Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm
    Forum Host


    I have chose Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes, #482036 by Lavender Lynn.
    I adapted it to Crock Pot Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes.
    Thanks Lynn!
    lazyme
    Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 pm
    Forum Host
    Charmie777 wrote:


    I have chose Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes, #482036 by Lavender Lynn.
    I adapted it to Crock Pot Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes.
    Thanks Lynn!


    Sounds great Charmie. Merci.
    Nif
    Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:11 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    Tonight I modified momaphet's Poulet Rti (Roast Chicken) #234424 to become a crock pot dish - Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) for the Crock Pot #484491, which turned out really well!



    I made a couple of changes to make the original recipe crock pot friendly:
    - made a paste out of the olive oil and herbs to really rub into the chicken and keep the herbs where I put them!
    - put tin foil balls under the chicken to cook the it evenly.
    - chicken had to browned after cooking, under the oven broiler.

    Overall, I didn't have to do too much to convert this recipe! It was a great recipe for a crock pot!
    morgainegeiser
    Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:31 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    I choose Chicken & Mushrooms With Creamy Dijon Sauce, 263405 by breezermom to convert to a crock pot recipe. I used the very same ingredients, the only thing I changed was to increase the amount of chicken broth and cooking sherry to increase the moisture content so that the chicken would not dry out as we were using chicken breasts which do have a tendency to dry out. I added the cooking times and a few small tweaks in the directions. It is a lovely recipe.

    The converted recipe is Chicken With Mushrooms in the Crockpot Inspired by Breezermom's, #484490 by morgainegeiser

    lazyme
    Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm
    Forum Host
    Nif wrote:


    Tonight I modified momaphet's Poulet R�ti (Roast Chicken) #234424 to become a crock pot dish - Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) for the Crock Pot #484491, which turned out really well!



    I made a couple of changes to make the original recipe crock pot friendly:
    - made a paste out of the olive oil and herbs to really rub into the chicken and keep the herbs where I put them!
    - put tin foil balls under the chicken to cook the it evenly.
    - chicken had to browned after cooking, under the oven broiler.

    Overall, I didn't have to do too much to convert this recipe! It was a great recipe for a crock pot!


    Sounds good and easy. I would ask if there were any leftovers for me - but I know your '3' boys! icon_lol.gif
    lazyme
    Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:11 pm
    Forum Host
    morgainegeiser wrote:


    I choose Chicken & Mushrooms With Creamy Dijon Sauce, 263405 by breezermom to convert to a crock pot recipe. I used the very same ingredients, the only thing I changed was to increase the amount of chicken broth and cooking sherry to increase the moisture content so that the chicken would not dry out as we were using chicken breasts which do have a tendency to dry out. I added the cooking times and a few small tweaks in the directions. It is a lovely recipe.

    The converted recipe is Chicken With Mushrooms in the Crockpot Inspired by Breezermom's, #484490 by morgainegeiser



    Sounds (and looks) delicious! I'm guessing that there are no leftovers here either. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Nif
    Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    lazyme wrote:
    Nif wrote:


    Tonight I modified momaphet's Poulet R�ti (Roast Chicken) #234424 to become a crock pot dish - Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) for the Crock Pot #484491, which turned out really well!



    I made a couple of changes to make the original recipe crock pot friendly:
    - made a paste out of the olive oil and herbs to really rub into the chicken and keep the herbs where I put them!
    - put tin foil balls under the chicken to cook the it evenly.
    - chicken had to browned after cooking, under the oven broiler.

    Overall, I didn't have to do too much to convert this recipe! It was a great recipe for a crock pot!


    Sounds good and easy. I would ask if there were any leftovers for me - but I know your '3' boys! icon_lol.gif


    Well, Zac's at a Stampeders game and you eat like a bird so come on by! We have some left just for you!!!
    lazyme
    Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 pm
    Forum Host
    Nif wrote:
    lazyme wrote:
    Nif wrote:


    Tonight I modified momaphet's Poulet R�ti (Roast Chicken) #234424 to become a crock pot dish - Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) for the Crock Pot #484491, which turned out really well!



    I made a couple of changes to make the original recipe crock pot friendly:
    - made a paste out of the olive oil and herbs to really rub into the chicken and keep the herbs where I put them!
    - put tin foil balls under the chicken to cook the it evenly.
    - chicken had to browned after cooking, under the oven broiler.

    Overall, I didn't have to do too much to convert this recipe! It was a great recipe for a crock pot!


    Sounds good and easy. I would ask if there were any leftovers for me - but I know your '3' boys! icon_lol.gif


    Well, Zac's at a Stampeders game and you eat like a bird so come on by! We have some left just for you!!!


    If I remember the trivia right - a bird eats something like 3 times it's weight everyday. icon_rolleyes.gif

    So......I think that sounds like I should show up for the next round! You will cook 3 birds, right?! icon_lol.gif
    Nif
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:16 am
    Food.com Groupie
    lazyme wrote:
    Nif wrote:
    lazyme wrote:
    Nif wrote:


    Tonight I modified momaphet's Poulet R�ti (Roast Chicken) #234424 to become a crock pot dish - Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken) for the Crock Pot #484491, which turned out really well!



    I made a couple of changes to make the original recipe crock pot friendly:
    - made a paste out of the olive oil and herbs to really rub into the chicken and keep the herbs where I put them!
    - put tin foil balls under the chicken to cook the it evenly.
    - chicken had to browned after cooking, under the oven broiler.

    Overall, I didn't have to do too much to convert this recipe! It was a great recipe for a crock pot!


    Sounds good and easy. I would ask if there were any leftovers for me - but I know your '3' boys! icon_lol.gif


    Well, Zac's at a Stampeders game and you eat like a bird so come on by! We have some left just for you!!!


    If I remember the trivia right - a bird eats something like 3 times it's weight everyday. icon_rolleyes.gif

    So......I think that sounds like I should show up for the next round! You will cook 3 birds, right?! icon_lol.gif


    Really?! 3 times their weight? Holy!.... icon_eek.gif

    Well, Darren goes to Winnipeg for a few days next week so come on up!
    MomLuvs6
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:52 am
    Food.com Groupie



    For the A French Love Affair Challenge:

    Have adapted Ragout of Beef #417314 by Chocolatl for Crock Pot.
    Adapted recipe ~ Crock Pot Ragout of Beef #484504

    This is an adapted recipe for the crock pot using Ragout of Beef #417314 by Chocolatl. Serve with noodles. Original recipe served 4, I doubled it for my family. Loved the aroma of this dish while it cooked in the crock pot.

    Used the same ingredients in the original recipes, followed the instruction for browning the meat and lightly browning the onions and green peppers. Didn't double the burgundy wine.

    The changes to this recipe:

    1. Doubled the recipe for my family.
    2. Used 3 onions instead of 4.
    3. Wrote instructions for cooking in crock pot.

    Delicious meal. Served it with noodles.

    ML6 icon_smile.gif
    Dienia B.
    Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 am
    Food.com Groupie

    i am using random racheals Soupe Au Pistou - Proven�al Vegetable Soup 483075 and have changed it to Soupe Au Pistou Crock Pot 484231 more later
    ok on racheals recipe it called for 2 cups leeks i swithched to onions , they are cheaper here and more readily around
    same for the swiss chard i made the option for using spinach .
    rach used 8 cups water cause it was cooked on stovetop
    i used 2 cups of water my crockpot holds water like no ones business
    rach cooked veggies at different times i put all together on low
    adding the pasta when you got home later
    rach used tomato fresh i used tomato canned fire roasted in the pistou
    i also topped the soup with croutons


    Last edited by Dienia B. on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites