Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Breads & Baking / What 'cha baking these days?
    Lost? Site Map

    What 'cha baking these days?

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
    pammyowl
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Good to know, thanks! How long does it take to build up enough to bake with? I admit, freezing wet starter takes up freezer space, limited at my house, and three days to revive. icon_smile.gif
    duonyte
    Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 pm
    Forum Host
    Two or three days. You start with just a little water, but once I have about 1/3 cup of starter, I usually put in much more flour and water and let it go.
    Bonnie G #2
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:53 am
    Food.com Groupie
    pammyowl wrote:
    No, that's not the one I tried. I will try that one tonight, we'll compare notes, okay? icon_smile.gif


    OK, I made Roti last night to go with Lentils for dinner and it was pretty easy, though some confusion that I think I solved correctly in the ingrediants. My biggest problem was the lumpy flour here do to humidty - hope that's not going to be an issue when I get my starter going. The shape isn't the best, but the taste was great.

    pammyowl
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I got involved with other things, and haven't made it yet. Lumpy flout is a pain in the a..! I bought a 25 lb. bag of bread flour at Sam's Club once that was lumpy, should have returned it, but didn't.
    Looks to me that you did it perfectly! On the menu for tonight, roti!
    Bonnie G #2
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:39 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    pammyowl wrote:
    I got involved with other things, and haven't made it yet. Lumpy flout is a pain in the a..! I bought a 25 lb. bag of bread flour at Sam's Club once that was lumpy, should have returned it, but didn't.
    Looks to me that you did it perfectly! On the menu for tonight, roti!


    Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
    JoeV
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:49 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Nice breads, Pammyowl, boring or not! icon_lol.gif I made another "boring" loaf of Italian bread, as DW has been making a lot of BLTs because the tomatoes are very abundant now.



    I had to check my archives for the last time I made Roti bread, and it was back in 2009. I make flour & corn tortillas frequently, but I'm going to have to make time for some roti. Here are some roti getting ready to be filled with tuna fish for lunch.

    Bonnie G #2
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:53 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    JoeV wrote:
    Nice breads, Pammyowl, boring or not! icon_lol.gif I made another "boring" loaf of Italian bread, as DW has been making a lot of BLTs because the tomatoes are very abundant now.



    I had to check my archives for the last time I made Roti bread, and it was back in 2009. I make flour & corn tortillas frequently, but I'm going to have to make time for some roti. Here are some roti getting ready to be filled with tuna fish for lunch.



    Oh wonderful looking bread, and have to say BLTs are so good - your Roti is nice and round, have to say mine was kind of strange - but was soooo good.
    Red Apple Guy
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:19 pm
    Forum Host
    What a terrific group of breads.

    JoeV, what goes in your roti? Any leavening? Oil or butter?

    Red
    duonyte
    Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:38 pm
    Forum Host
    Red, perhaps you'd like to start a new thread - this one is getting long and that sometimes causes issues.....
    Red Apple Guy
    Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:16 am
    Forum Host
    Good advice; will do.

    Breadlovers everywhere, this has been a good thread, but like me, it's getting old and causing a few issues so let's all say goo'bye and go to a new one. Look for "Guess what I just baked.."

    Red
    JoeV
    Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Red Apple Guy wrote:
    What a terrific group of breads.

    JoeV, what goes in your roti? Any leavening? Oil or butter?

    Red
    Here is where I learned to make roti. Pay close attention to the measure cups she uses, and start with 1/4 cup of water instead of 1/2 cup as she says, and add water as needed. My guess is you'll need an extra tablespoon or two of water for the dough. Oh, you also might want to have some clarified butter (gee) for when they come off the pan. Cast iron is the best to make these in. When they are properly made, they make nice pocket pitas.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4o_Lmy6bU
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites