Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Middle East & North Africa / Visiting Iran(Persia) in June 2012!
    Lost? Site Map

    Visiting Iran(Persia) in June 2012!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next Page >>
    Elmotoo
    Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 am
    Forum Host
    everyone is always welcome!
    UmmBinat
    Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:58 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I just found a new Persian shop in walking distance! The owner, an Afghan lady said that Afghan and Iranians use a type of brown rice, but it doesn't look brown and it is partially cooked. They soak it for at least 2 hours. I will buy some next visit insha Allah (God willing) as DH & DD were hungry we checked it out quick and ended the conversation there. I liked her idea that I pick up fresh meat every day or two rather than freeze it since I am so close by! Can't wait to go back and chat lol.
    Dienia B.
    Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    made and reviewed Persian Grapes 428611 really easy and cool love the cool lol
    Elmotoo
    Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat wrote:
    I just found a new Persian shop in walking distance! The owner, an Afghan lady said that Afghan and Iranians use a type of brown rice, but it doesn't look brown and it is partially cooked. They soak it for at least 2 hours. I will buy some next visit insha Allah (God willing) as DH & DD were hungry we checked it out quick and ended the conversation there. I liked her idea that I pick up fresh meat every day or two rather than freeze it since I am so close by! Can't wait to go back and chat lol.


    very cool!!
    Elmotoo
    Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 pm
    Forum Host
    Dienia B. wrote:
    made and reviewed Persian Grapes 428611 really easy and cool love the cool lol

    Yum! Grapes were on sale yesterday so this is dessert tonight! Along with chicken in Lebanese Chicken Marinade which isn't Persian but... and Iranian Rice with Beans and Dill Weed (Baqala Polo) which i've been looking forward to making.

    Please remember anyone can come back & revisit this (or any) thread & use it as a reference point when looking for recipes.

    Here is the Iraq cookbook Visiting Iraq! 7/12 #540090. If anyone wants anything added, post here. I will have the thread up & running very soon. icon_biggrin.gif

    I am going away for the weekend so there won't be any updates.

    xo Bethie
    UmmBinat
    Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I have made & reviewed,

    Mast O Khiyar (Yogurt and Cucumbers) #180210 by Deerwoman
    Persian Kidney Beans #71477 by Sue Lau (review didn't show yet as I didn't star rate)
    Dienia B.
    Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:07 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Elmotoo
    Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 am
    Forum Host
    thank you ~ all updated!
    mickeydownunder
    Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I MUSt open my eyes more when I am here at Zaar, um I mean food as this is a WONDERFUL thread hosted by a WONDERFUL person with a lot of WONDERFUL recipes too!

    Thank you!

    WHOO HOO!
    Elmotoo
    Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:34 am
    Forum Host
    mickeydownunder wrote:
    I MUSt open my eyes more when I am here at Zaar, um I mean food as this is a WONDERFUL thread hosted by a WONDERFUL person with a lot of WONDERFUL recipes too!

    Thank you!

    WHOO HOO!


    WOW, THANKS! This was nice to come home to! icon_smile.gif

    Off to set up Ramadan Tag.
    mickeydownunder
    Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:23 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    icon_smile.gif

    Ramadan Kareem ( رمضان كريـم )

    Ramadan Mubarak ( رمضان مبارك )

    Hope this is correct!

    WHOO HOO! Always mean well and glad could brighten someone else's day too!
    UmmBinat
    Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I know this is late but why not add it here,

    I have made and reviewed,

    Orange Rind Rice #178194 by veggiechick
    mickeydownunder
    Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    UmmBinat wrote:
    I know this is late but why not add it here,

    I have made and reviewed,

    Orange Rind Rice #178194 by veggiechick


    Gday and BIG thanks

    It is never to late to share a recipe with friends icon_smile.gif

    WHOO HOO

    Have bookmarked that and hope to try it one day (maybe for a party too!)

    Presume before the rice is frozen, it is cooked?

    DOH! Am only my my first coffee, so thanks for being understanding too! icon_smile.gif
    UmmBinat
    Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I have made, enjoyed and reviewed,

    Persian Chickpea Flour Cookies (Nan-E Nokhochi ) #361064 by Chef #809940
    UmmBinat
    Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    mickeydownunder wrote:
    UmmBinat wrote:
    I know this is late but why not add it here,

    I have made and reviewed,

    Orange Rind Rice #178194 by veggiechick


    Gday and BIG thanks

    It is never to late to share a recipe with friends icon_smile.gif

    WHOO HOO

    Have bookmarked that and hope to try it one day (maybe for a party too!)

    Presume before the rice is frozen, it is cooked?

    DOH! Am only my my first coffee, so thanks for being understanding too! icon_smile.gif


    Yes cooked
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites