Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Menu Ideas & Help / Menu for April 7 thru April 13, 2012
    Lost? Site Map

    Menu for April 7 thru April 13, 2012

    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >>
    Charmie777
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:22 am
    Forum Host
    Hi menu friends! Happy Easter!!!!!! And Happy Passover!!!!!
    Has everyone finalized their Easter menus? I'm just taking food to my brother's. A dessert and a side dish. But looking forward to all the good food there!
    I'll be back in the morning with my completed menu, but share yours if it's ready!
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:17 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Happy Easter everyone. Having a big family dinner tomorrow and egg hunt for the little ones. The rest of the week--games, games, games. icon_biggrin.gif

    Sunday: Ham With Pineapple Sauce, roasted asparagus, English peas, Corn Pudding, Layered Fruit Salad, rolls, sweet tea, and Lemon Lust Cake (mom will make)

    Monday: Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato

    Tuesday: Super-Duper Sloppy Joes, chips and salad

    Wednesday: Easter Egg Hot Dish, steamed carrots, peas, and salad

    Thursday: Spring Casserole of Crab, Asparagus, and Spaghetti, rolls, and salad

    Friday: Out-to-Eat after game. Cocktail Time--Cosmopolitan

    Saturday: Peppered Filet Mignons With Mushroom Bourbon Sauce and grilled veggies (husband's night to cook)

    Work Lunches: 0 Point Soup - Ww, El Paso Brown Rice, Ono Macaroni Salad

    Breakfast: Farmer's Breakfast

    Snacks: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (daughter will make)
    Charmie777
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am
    Forum Host
    ratherbeswimmin' wrote:
    Happy Easter everyone. Having a big family dinner tomorrow and egg hunt for the little ones. The rest of the week--games, games, games. icon_biggrin.gif

    Sunday: Ham With Pineapple Sauce, roasted asparagus, English peas, Corn Pudding, Layered Fruit Salad, rolls, sweet tea, and Lemon Lust Cake (mom will make)

    Monday: Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato

    Tuesday: Super-Duper Sloppy Joes, chips and salad

    Wednesday: Easter Egg Hot Dish, steamed carrots, peas, and salad

    Thursday: Spring Casserole of Crab, Asparagus, and Spaghetti, rolls, and salad

    Friday: Out-to-Eat after game. Cocktail Time--Cosmopolitan

    Saturday: Peppered Filet Mignons With Mushroom Bourbon Sauce and grilled veggies (husband's night to cook)

    Work Lunches: 0 Point Soup - Ww, El Paso Brown Rice, Ono Macaroni Salad

    Breakfast: Farmer's Breakfast

    Snacks: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (daughter will make)

    saving the ham recipe!!! I'm buying a ham, although not making it for Easter.
    Charmie777
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 am
    Forum Host
    Ok I'm ready with my menu. It's such a beautiful spring day today!!! Sipping my coffee, sitting in my chair, making my menu. Ahhhh! Peace!

    Saturday - we have so much going on that we can't do it all icon_sad.gif. Making La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup and Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich

    Sunday - going to my brother's and I'm bringing Country Green Beans and Lemon Curd and Berry Trifle

    Monday - Chicken Pot Pie With 2 Crusts with salad

    Tuesday - Tostados with Arroz Blanco (Mexican White Rice)

    Wednesday - Sausage and Peppers Pasta with salad and bread

    Thursday - El Rancho Chicken with potatoes and green beans

    Friday - out to eat.
    SarasotaCook
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 am
    Food.com Groupie
    SURPRISE !!!

    No menu for this week. Really.

    I have 2 friends in town for Easter break with their families and they want to get together for dinner. They know about my ankle so they want to take me out. I'll probably make a quick appetizer for all of us, and then go out for dinner.

    I also have a B'party to go to either Thurs or Fri at a local restaurant.

    And, my Easter dinner is cancelled; 1 friend hurt his back so he and his guest can't come; the other guest and roommate may have to work. They are on call at the hospital, and more than likely will get called in.
    So, I'll heat up my spiral ham, make a baked spud and green beans ... Easter!

    On top of that, foot surgery will be scheduled, I have tile going in, wood working being done, etc. LOTS of projects, so cooking is on the back burner.

    I have plenty in the feezer, fish and beef, plenty of pantry and veggies too.

    So ... that is my menu for the week!
    But, I wish everyone a Safe and Happy Easter Weekend!
    Charmie777
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:24 am
    Forum Host
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    SURPRISE !!!

    No menu for this week. Really.

    I have 2 friends in town for Easter break with their families and they want to get together for dinner. They know about my ankle so they want to take me out. I'll probably make a quick appetizer for all of us, and then go out for dinner.

    I also have a B'party to go to either Thurs or Fri at a local restaurant.

    And, my Easter dinner is cancelled; 1 friend hurt his back so he and his guest can't come; the other guest and roommate may have to work. They are on call at the hospital, and more than likely will get called in.
    So, I'll heat up my spiral ham, make a baked spud and green beans ... Easter!

    On top of that, foot surgery will be scheduled, I have tile going in, wood working being done, etc. LOTS of projects, so cooking is on the back burner.

    I have plenty in the feezer, fish and beef, plenty of pantry and veggies too.

    So ... that is my menu for the week!
    But, I wish everyone a Safe and Happy Easter Weekend!
    Wow SC!!!
    Surgery??? Wow, hope it is soon and goes well so you can get on with things you love!
    SarasotaCook
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:15 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    7 broken bones, so surgery it tis!
    Sucks, but oh well, life goes on. Just not much cooking this week.
    Meredith C-ville
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:29 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    SC- so sorry to hear of the need for surgery. Feet are hard because of their relatively poor circulation. At least you know that they will put you back together again properly rather than leaving it to chance.

    We are not big Easter dinner people, so we don't have any special meal planned. However, I am just about done with a cooking marathon. We had some chillier weather with a stiff breeze, so I was much more into an indoor project on my day off yesterday.

    I have made double batches of Argentine Empanadas (now in the freezer), Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) (cooling on the shelf in the basement -- away from curious cat noses -- and soon to be frozen), and Beef Bourguignon (still in the oven). I will freeze some of the beef but we are also eating some this week. It is great to have good stuff in stock.

    Here's the regular menu:

    Sat – cookout w/neighbors, I will probably make a fruit cobbler/crisp to have with whipped cream

    Sun – Beef Bourguignon with baguette

    Mon – fish/tomato/greens with cheese and little polenta bites (made from some leftovers)

    Tue – Lemon Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and Green Beans

    Wed – Southwestern Quinoa Vegetable Casserole

    Thu – leftovers from Sun with egg noodles

    Fri – pizza on the grill (Beth's Pizza Crust) with tomato sauce, fresh mozz, olives, some kind of protein

    Happy Easter and Passover! ---M
    Charmie777
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:33 pm
    Forum Host
    Meredith C-ville wrote:
    SC- so sorry to hear of the need for surgery. Feet are hard because of their relatively poor circulation. At least you know that they will put you back together again properly rather than leaving it to chance.

    We are not big Easter dinner people, so we don't have any special meal planned. However, I am just about done with a cooking marathon. We had some chillier weather with a stiff breeze, so I was much more into an indoor project on my day off yesterday.

    I have made double batches of Argentine Empanadas (now in the freezer), Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) (cooling on the shelf in the basement -- away from curious cat noses -- and soon to be frozen), and Beef Bourguignon (still in the oven). I will freeze some of the beef but we are also eating some this week. It is great to have good stuff in stock.

    Here's the regular menu:

    Sat – cookout w/neighbors, I will probably make a fruit cobbler/crisp to have with whipped cream

    Sun – Beef Bourguignon with baguette

    Mon – fish/tomato/greens with cheese and little polenta bites (made from some leftovers)

    Tue – Lemon Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and Green Beans

    Wed – Southwestern Quinoa Vegetable Casserole

    Thu – leftovers from Sun with egg noodles

    Fri – pizza on the grill (Beth's Pizza Crust) with tomato sauce, fresh mozz, olives, some kind of protein

    Happy Easter and Passover! ---M
    I love empanadas and those sound good.
    SarasotaCook
    Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:57 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I am with you MCV, I love stuff on hand. It has got me through the last 2 1/2 weeks. I love the empenadas too!!

    Great menu, but everyone has a nice menu.
    mickeydownunder
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:00 am
    Food.com Groupie
    HAPPY EASTER ALL! Not really doing menus per se these days due to circumstances, but wanted to still contribute here...

    Lemon Thighs in a Lemon Wine Sauce
    Posted in food photos too!
    .this melted in our mouth and MADE my day!

    DH said two thumbs up and he was mmmmmmm and mmmmmm'ing lol





    http://www.cookingwithsugar.com/chicken-thighs-in-a-lemon-wine-sauce-recipe/#comment-2461

    There are already too many recipes like this posted here...so posted the link here if someone is interested!

    WHOO HOO

    Mini tacos tonight


    mickeydownunder
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:01 am
    Food.com Groupie
    ratherbeswimmin' wrote:
    Happy Easter everyone. Having a big family dinner tomorrow and egg hunt for the little ones. The rest of the week--games, games, games. icon_biggrin.gif

    Sunday: Ham With Pineapple Sauce, roasted asparagus, English peas, Corn Pudding, Layered Fruit Salad, rolls, sweet tea, and Lemon Lust Cake (mom will make)

    Monday: Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato

    Tuesday: Super-Duper Sloppy Joes, chips and salad

    Wednesday: Easter Egg Hot Dish, steamed carrots, peas, and salad

    Thursday: Spring Casserole of Crab, Asparagus, and Spaghetti, rolls, and salad

    Friday: Out-to-Eat after game. Cocktail Time--Cosmopolitan

    Saturday: Peppered Filet Mignons With Mushroom Bourbon Sauce and grilled veggies (husband's night to cook)

    Work Lunches: 0 Point Soup - Ww, El Paso Brown Rice, Ono Macaroni Salad

    Breakfast: Farmer's Breakfast

    Snacks: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (daughter will make)


    Can I come for dinner on Saturday night? LOVE Fillet Mignons!!!
    mickeydownunder
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    Ok I'm ready with my menu. It's such a beautiful spring day today!!! Sipping my coffee, sitting in my chair, making my menu. Ahhhh! Peace!

    Saturday - we have so much going on that we can't do it all icon_sad.gif. Making La Madeleine's Tomato-Basil Soup and Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich

    Sunday - going to my brother's and I'm bringing Country Green Beans and Lemon Curd and Berry Trifle

    Monday - Chicken Pot Pie With 2 Crusts with salad

    Tuesday - Tostados with Arroz Blanco (Mexican White Rice)

    Wednesday - Sausage and Peppers Pasta with salad and bread

    Thursday - El Rancho Chicken with potatoes and green beans

    Friday - out to eat.


    So Saturday lunch at your house and Sat night Fillet Mignons as above lol WHOO HOO! Thx for sharing!
    mickeydownunder
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:04 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Meredith C-ville wrote:
    SC- so sorry to hear of the need for surgery. Feet are hard because of their relatively poor circulation. At least you know that they will put you back together again properly rather than leaving it to chance.

    We are not big Easter dinner people, so we don't have any special meal planned. However, I am just about done with a cooking marathon. We had some chillier weather with a stiff breeze, so I was much more into an indoor project on my day off yesterday.

    I have made double batches of Argentine Empanadas (now in the freezer), Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) (cooling on the shelf in the basement -- away from curious cat noses -- and soon to be frozen), and Beef Bourguignon (still in the oven). I will freeze some of the beef but we are also eating some this week. It is great to have good stuff in stock.

    Here's the regular menu:

    Sat – cookout w/neighbors, I will probably make a fruit cobbler/crisp to have with whipped cream

    Sun – Beef Bourguignon with baguette

    Mon – fish/tomato/greens with cheese and little polenta bites (made from some leftovers)

    Tue – Lemon Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and Green Beans

    Wed – Southwestern Quinoa Vegetable Casserole

    Thu – leftovers from Sun with egg noodles

    Fri – pizza on the grill (Beth's Pizza Crust) with tomato sauce, fresh mozz, olives, some kind of protein

    Happy Easter and Passover! ---M


    Like TWINIE, love Empanadas and Argentinian food too!

    WHOO HOO!
    Charmie777
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:30 am
    Forum Host
    Mickey!! Your photos always make me drool!!! Can't even decide which is my favorite!!!
    Happy Easter!!
    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites