Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Diabetic Cooking / Rejoice! It's "National Tomato Month" tag game!
    Lost? Site Map

    Rejoice! It's "National Tomato Month" tag game!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next Page >>
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    LainieBug wrote:
    wave.gif

    tagging:

    Peeled Tomatoes for Soups and Sauces ( a "how To") #406973, by Happy Harry #2
    German Cucumber Salad #171011, by *Parsley*
    Mexican Mess (Bean Dip) #293219 by cookie monster (I'm hoping salsa fits the bill since it's made from tomatoes)


    wave.gif How do you do, Miss Lainie! It's been awhile, but sure am glad to give you a big ol' howdie-doo! Have you been doing well? Your selections look fabulous, and I can hardly wait to hear the results!
    Mia in Germany
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm
    Forum Host
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm wrote:
    Mia in Germany wrote:
    Elmotoo wrote:
    i have pie crust...i have cheese...i have tomatoes....getting there....


    icon_lol.gif
    Bon voyage icon_lol.gif


    You're to funny, Mia rotfl.gif

    Bethie, let us know how it goes.....I love, love, tomato pie!


    I'm feeling awkward because i don't have rave reviews. icon_cry.gif It was ok. I'm glad I made it because it's been nagging at me for awhile now! It will get made again, tho. Tomato Pie

    xoxo Bethie


    Oh dear, I'm sorry - I did not mention that I fried the onions before putting on the pie. I thought it was just me being picky - I loath raw or cooked onions, can't eat them if they're not either fried or marinated and drowned in vinegar. So I caramelized them because I've made that experience in another pie before.
    pammyowl
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:22 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Mia in Germany wrote:
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm wrote:
    Mia in Germany wrote:
    Elmotoo wrote:
    i have pie crust...i have cheese...i have tomatoes....getting there....


    icon_lol.gif
    Bon voyage icon_lol.gif


    You're to funny, Mia rotfl.gif

    Bethie, let us know how it goes.....I love, love, tomato pie!


    I'm feeling awkward because i don't have rave reviews. icon_cry.gif It was ok. I'm glad I made it because it's been nagging at me for awhile now! It will get made again, tho. Tomato Pie

    xoxo Bethie


    Oh dear, I'm sorry - I did not mention that I fried the onions before putting on the pie. I thought it was just me being picky - I loath raw or cooked onions, can't eat them if they're not either fried or marinated and drowned in vinegar. So I caramelized them because I've made that experience in another pie before.


    Another thing~ You shouldn't use tomatos that are too juicy, or drain them a bit first to prevent a soggy crust. I never pre- bake the pie shell, and I've never had a problem!
    Mia in Germany
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm
    Forum Host
    Ah - my tomatoes weren't juicy at all, but I pre-baked the crust 10 minutes.
    pammyowl
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Mia in Germany wrote:
    Ah - my tomatoes weren't juicy at all, but I pre-baked the crust 10 minutes.


    Yes, I think you have to with gluten free crusts. At least the one time I made a gluten free crust the directions said that!
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Enjoyed my lunch time restbit.

    Greek Salad W/Feta and Olives, 423913 by Deantini

    Elmotoo
    Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am
    Forum Host
    swapping Arabic Salad for Asian Tomato Salad #253459 which has been made & reviewed. everyone loved the dressing!! i will use shallots instead of onions next time.

    thanks! Beth
    Mia in Germany
    Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:35 pm
    Forum Host
    Elmotoo wrote:
    swapping Arabic Salad for Asian Tomato Salad #253459 which has been made & reviewed. everyone loved the dressing!! i will use shallots instead of onions next time.

    thanks! Beth


    Got you updated icon_biggrin.gif
    Mia in Germany
    Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:37 pm
    Forum Host
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm wrote:
    Enjoyed my lunch time restbit.

    Greek Salad W/Feta and Olives, 423913 by Deantini



    Yum! This looks sooo good! I put it on page one icon_biggrin.gif
    lauralie41
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 am
    Food.com Groupie
    My recipes have been made and reviewed.
    Tomatoes in Mayonnaise #237133 by 3KillerB's
    Caprese Salad Tomatoes Italian Marinated #55309 by Shawn C
    Green Beans and Tomatoes #350521 by Lucky Chef, which I had originally made and reviewed on 2/12/09 icon_rolleyes.gif icon_redface.gif icon_lol.gif

    All of the recipes were so good!
    Mia in Germany
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:41 am
    Forum Host
    lauralie41 wrote:
    My recipes have been made and reviewed.
    Tomatoes in Mayonnaise #237133 by 3KillerB's
    Caprese Salad Tomatoes Italian Marinated #55309 by Shawn C
    Green Beans and Tomatoes #350521 by Lucky Chef, which I had originally made and reviewed on 2/12/09 icon_rolleyes.gif icon_redface.gif icon_lol.gif

    All of the recipes were so good!


    You have been eating well icon_smile.gif I updated your yummy choices on page one!
    pammyowl
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:49 am
    Food.com Groupie
    It is killing me that this is happening now! I am positively drooling over all there delicious recipes, when there are no good fresh tomatoes around! My cookbook is getting full, though! icon_lol.gif
    Mia in Germany
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:56 am
    Forum Host
    I'm with you. Tomatoes here are from Dutch greenhouses or Spanish poison fields right now, except for some organic greenhouse grown tomatoes.
    pammyowl
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:08 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Our stuff gets trucked in from southern states, or California. We live in a northern state, so in order to get it here before spoiling, it is picked pretty green. By the time it gets here, it can be good, or it can be orange. I don't usually buy it in the winter. Once in awhile, you'll find some really good ones, but who can afford to go on a shopping spree allover the state in search of a good, fresh, tomato? icon_lol.gif
    Mia in Germany
    Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 am
    Forum Host
    icon_lol.gif
    At least one advantage of Germany being small compared to the US. Crossing the whole country is not such a big thing. Also transportation from the Netherlands is quick, too, because we're right there. The Dutch greenhouse stuff is not that bad, and they're even all red when we get them. But of course they're not as flavourful as those which have seen the sun. I buy them when I feel overwhelmed by fresh tomato cravings icon_wink.gif
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites