Recipe Sifter

  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.


As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Middle East & North Africa / Baking Tool-What is it called?? Lebanese
    Lost? Site Map

    Baking Tool-What is it called?? Lebanese

    Chef 298200
    Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 am Groupie
    I had a friend who gave me a tool to use for cookies, she was lebanese and bought it in Brooklyn,ny a lebanese neighborhood. She used it to pinch the top of her cookies. She has passed awy a few years ago. I am wondering if I can use it for american cookies. It looks like a tweezer, its kind of bronze color and the two ends have teeth. I would love to know the name of it and what cookies I came make to use it...thanks for a reply
    Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm
    Forum Host
    interesting! i'll see what i can find out!

    Um Safia
    Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:11 am
    Forum Host
    Hi there,

    these little tweezer type tools are used all over the middle east and north Algeria and the maghreb they are called nekesh.

    You can use them with western style cookies that don't have too soft a dough in the same way you would with middle easter and north african cookies. I have many cookie recipes listed that use them.
    Chef 298200
    Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 am Groupie
    Thank you soo much for the reply and name of the tool.
    Where are your recipes listed using this tool. thanks again
    DubaiChef #317259
    Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:49 pm
    Regular "Line Cook" Poster
    I don't know the name of this little utensil, but I know that many people make them from aluminum cans/lids. They use plyers that cut wire and metal, and are fairly simple to make.
    Um Safia
    Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:54 am
    Forum Host
    Chef 298200 wrote:
    Thank you soo much for the reply and name of the tool.
    Where are your recipes listed using this tool. thanks again

    I can only seem to find one of my listed recipes which use it....I'll have another look later though

    Algerian Helouwa Ta'aba (Lemon or Sesame Cookies)
    Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy

    Ideas from

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes Network of Sites