Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Suggestions & Comments / iPad app?
    Lost? Site Map

    iPad app?

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3  Next Page >>
    Event Host
    Mon May 14, 2012 4:53 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    WiGal wrote:
    Agree with all above. And if anyone figures out a way to upload pic from iPad I want to know about it. Frustrated.


    You can upload to a Photobucket App, and then get the [img] code from the icon that looks like a chain link.
    WiGal
    Mon May 14, 2012 7:00 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Thank you but the problem is that "Choose file"on the upload page is not functioning. It is not highlighted. And have tried dragging pic onto desk top and at this point am pretty convinced that it can't be done.
    Galley Wench
    Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    That's the same thing that happens when I try to upload a picture to FaceBook, however they solved the problem by giving me an email address to send the photo . . . comments about the picture go in the Subject line. Wonder what they haven't done that here?
    Galley Wench
    Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Event Host wrote:
    WiGal wrote:
    Agree with all above. And if anyone figures out a way to upload pic from iPad I want to know about it. Frustrated.


    You can upload to a Photobucket App, and then get the [img] code from the icon that looks like a chain link.


    That is one way to do it, however it involves more steps . . . with the millions of iPads being sold, they need to offer us a direct way to upload.
    Anton Ego
    Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 am
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Conde Nast is missing the boat big time with no iPad app. Most of the better food sites have apps-and the lack of a food.com app just pushes me to epicurious, Big Oven etc. Their loss. Maybe they don't know there are over 40 million iPad users. Seems like that's an audience a retailer would like to play to? Maybe not. Maybe they are stuck to the bottom of the pan...in a burnt pot!
    Galley Wench
    Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I love the Big Oven . . . they are on top of the technology, but they should be, he's a software programmer! Conde Naste does have an app, give it a try.
    Liz H #2
    Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    iPad app PLEASE!!!!! The site works ok in my browser, but an app would be awesome icon_smile.gif
    MommyKat
    Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:15 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Another user frustrated with trying to use site on iPad. Very difficult to pick from dropdown lists, filter, etc. App or HTML5 please!
    Fyrestorm
    Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    As someone who runs a technology company, I have been wondering why this hasn't appeared yet either. I occasionally look in the app store... nothing. I finally decided I would peek around the forums to see if it has been brought up. It obviously has. As I am sure many of you have been here since this was receipezaar.com, it really surprises me that no one from food.com has even addressed this thread one way or the other. I do love this site. I have used it for years, but I agree with all of you that they need to step it up. What can we do to motivate food.com to at least respond???
    Galley Wench
    Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Guess it's Scripps thing . . . food network doesn't have an ap either!
    Hatchkyle
    Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:14 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Another way around is to use a remote desktop app.
    The one I have now works effing amazing it's called logmein.
    You install the app. Free .
    You get the of software at logmein dot com it just transfers your screen so I use Firefox on my computer and it send it to my iPad. No lag I can even watch movies in vlc.
    You can set it when your connected to the iPad the pc monitor turns off and disable the keyboard and mouse


    No the only thing you don't get after the pro version of your trial runs out is hd quality turns off. You still can use the high out of it all but can't watch videos any more. That and file sharing turns off but that's fine I use it for flash when indeed it by using my pc browser

    If any one try's it let me know what you think.
    Ps its not just wifi.aslong as my pc is on the net and my iPad is on wifi or network it works great
    MinnMomof2
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:13 am
    Semi-Experienced "Sous Chef" Poster
    Harpistic wrote:
    I agree - this site just does not work on an iPad, so either a redesign or app is needed to accommodate the growing number of tablet users.

    It is taking 10 - 15 tries to access personal cookbooks, and adding recipes to cookbooks is very hit & miss.

    I love this site but I can't face going through the above on a regular basis!


    I agree! LOVE this site but it is NOT easy to use on my iPad! The drop downs just don't work & getting to my cookbooks is very difficult!
    Galley Wench
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    MinnMomof2 wrote:
    Harpistic wrote:
    I agree - this site just does not work on an iPad, so either a redesign or app is needed to accommodate the growing number of tablet users.

    It is taking 10 - 15 tries to access personal cookbooks, and adding recipes to cookbooks is very hit & miss.

    I love this site but I can't face going through the above on a regular basis!


    I agree! LOVE this site but it is NOT easy to use on my iPad! The drop downs just don't work & getting to my cookbooks is very difficult!


    Yes, it's not easy to navigate, definitely need an AP! I just saved the recipe pages as a bookmark. . . seldom go to the home page now, which for Food.com, that's not what they want!
    Jasmine.
    Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Galley Wench wrote:
    MinnMomof2 wrote:
    Harpistic wrote:
    I agree - this site just does not work on an iPad, so either a redesign or app is needed to accommodate the growing number of tablet users.

    It is taking 10 - 15 tries to access personal cookbooks, and adding recipes to cookbooks is very hit & miss.

    I love this site but I can't face going through the above on a regular basis!


    I agree! LOVE this site but it is NOT easy to use on my iPad! The drop downs just don't work & getting to my cookbooks is very difficult!


    Yes, it's not easy to navigate, definitely need an AP! I just saved the recipe pages as a bookmark. . . seldom go to the home page now, which for Food.com, that's not what they want!


    Hello! I am the new community manager of Food.com. I agree an iPad app would be sensational. We are working on one but launch date is not confirmed. Keeping my fingers crossed for the holidays.

    In meanwhile, have you tried using the recipe tool "view full screen"? It allows you to see the whole recipe and even has a timer. It doesn't solve the image upload and cookbook issue but it allows you to see the full recipe while cooking in the kitchen.
    Sue Lau
    Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:33 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Galley Wench wrote:
    Guess it's Scripps thing . . . food network doesn't have an ap either!

    Foodnetwork has five of them from just looking up food network at the app store on itunes. I know there are some others strictly for the celebrity chefs, like Giada, etc.
    The Paprika app does save from this site with one click, but the indexing on that is awful, so it's really only good if you don't store the motherlode of your recipes on that one.
    I teally look forward to an app. I don't oftenget on anything bigger than an ipad.
    ~Sue
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites