Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Customer Support / Errors in Nutritional Information
    Lost? Site Map

    Errors in Nutritional Information

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Page >>
    Zeldaz
    Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Great! Thanks for the help. I'll post it in the Q & A thread.
    Barefoot Caveman
    Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    My fat-free pumpkin ice cream recipe is turning out to be not so fat-free with the nutritional analyzer, due to the nutritional data for fat-free half-and-half. Would it be possible to have this corrected? Thanks icon_smile.gif
    Kathy at Food.com
    Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm
    Food.com Staff
    Barefoot Caveman wrote:
    My fat-free pumpkin ice cream recipe is turning out to be not so fat-free with the nutritional analyzer, due to the nutritional data for fat-free half-and-half. Would it be possible to have this corrected? Thanks icon_smile.gif
    I'm guessing you are writing about Fat-Free Pumpkin Ice Cream. The nutritional information is correct.

    First you need to understand that the half-and-half manufacturer can claim their product is fat free if the product has less that .5 grams of fat per serving. In this case, fat free half and half actually has .41 grams of fat per 2 Tablespoons (Per the USDA). Your recipe has 4 cups of fat free half and half. There are 16 tablespoons in a cup, so 16 x 4 = 64 tablespoons. Every 2 tablespoons has .41 grams of fat. So, 32 x .41 = 13.12 grams of fat in your recipe.

    The same marketing claims apply to Splenda. It's advertised as a zero calorie product, but there are calories in Splenda -- they just happen to fall below the threshold where manufacturers can claim their product has no calories.
    Barefoot Caveman
    Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Ha, I stand corrected. Some things are just too good to be true icon_wink.gif Thanks for the reply.
    duonyte
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 am
    Forum Host
    Weight Watchers Juicy Hamburgers Detailed nutrtional analysis says 1 lb but actually is calculating 3 lbs of ground beef. 1400 gr ain't 1 lb!
    Kathy at Food.com
    Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 pm
    Food.com Staff
    duonyte wrote:
    Weight Watchers Juicy Hamburgers Detailed nutrtional analysis says 1 lb but actually is calculating 3 lbs of ground beef. 1400 gr ain't 1 lb!
    You are correct! Fixing that info right now and updating the recipe. Thanks!
    duonyte
    Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:02 pm
    Forum Host
    This is similar - Panko-Crusted Mustard Pork Cutlets
    20 ounces of pork translating as 3700 grams!
    Annacia
    Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:24 pm
    Forum Host
    I just added a new recipe that makes about 1/3 cup of Za'tar. I don't see how these ingredients could add up to this calorie amount.

    2 tablespoons sesame seeds, dry roasted
    1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme, crumbled
    1 tablespoon dried marjoram or 1 tablespoon oregano, crumbled
    1 tablespoon ground sumac

    = 376.6 calories
    Kathy at Food.com
    Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:02 pm
    Food.com Staff
    duonyte wrote:
    This is similar - Panko-Crusted Mustard Pork Cutlets
    20 ounces of pork translating as 3700 grams!
    Hi duonyte! The data for the pork cutlets has been updated, and this recipe's NI looks much better.
    Kathy at Food.com
    Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:07 pm
    Food.com Staff
    Annacia wrote:
    I just added a new recipe that makes about 1/3 cup of Za'tar. I don't see how these ingredients could add up to this calorie amount.

    2 tablespoons sesame seeds, dry roasted
    1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme, crumbled
    1 tablespoon dried marjoram or 1 tablespoon oregano, crumbled
    1 tablespoon ground sumac

    = 376.6 calories
    I'm guessing you're asking about Za'tar. The problem is the yield you entered. The recipe software has never properly calculated the summary nutritional data when the yield is a fraction less than 1. The problem is that the summary box always shows the data for 1 -- whether it's 1 serving or 1 xxx. Because this recipe's yield is 1/3 cup, the summary is for 1 cup. That's how it's getting the 376 calories. If you look at the detail, the entire recipe is 126 calories. 126 x 3 = 378. I know it's annoying, but this has always been an issue.

    If you change the yield to either 1 batch or 5 1/2 tablespoons, the information in the summary box will display correctly.
    Annacia
    Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:42 pm
    Forum Host
    *Kathy* at Food.com wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    I just added a new recipe that makes about 1/3 cup of Za'tar. I don't see how these ingredients could add up to this calorie amount.

    2 tablespoons sesame seeds, dry roasted
    1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme, crumbled
    1 tablespoon dried marjoram or 1 tablespoon oregano, crumbled
    1 tablespoon ground sumac

    = 376.6 calories
    I'm guessing you're asking about Za'tar. The problem is the yield you entered. The recipe software has never properly calculated the summary nutritional data when the yield is a fraction less than 1. The problem is that the summary box always shows the data for 1 -- whether it's 1 serving or 1 xxx. Because this recipe's yield is 1/3 cup, the summary is for 1 cup. That's how it's getting the 376 calories. If you look at the detail, the entire recipe is 126 calories. 126 x 3 = 378. I know it's annoying, but this has always been an issue.

    If you change the yield to either 1 batch or 5 1/2 tablespoons, the information in the summary box will display correctly.


    Thank you Kathy. I'll happily change my amount entry. icon_biggrin.gif
    Dee514
    Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 am
    Forum Host
    Hi Kathy,
    The calories for recipe # 175573 Fresh Cranberry Cookies are incorrect as posted. The calories were erroneously computed for 4 cookies, instead of 4 dozen cookies!

    The total number of calories for the whole recipe is 6842 according to the Detailed Nutrition Values.

    The posting chef has the recipe yield listed as 4 to 5 dozen cookies.

    4 dozen = 48 cookies (6842 ÷ 48 = 142.54 calories per cookie/serving)
    4.5 dozen = 54 cookies (6842 ÷ 54 = 126.7 calories per cookie/serving)
    5 dozen = 60 cookies (6842 ÷ 60 = 114.03 calories per cookie/serving)

    Thanks.
    Kathy at Food.com
    Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm
    Food.com Staff
    Dee, I'll update the recipe so it shows calories per cookie. Actually the current calculation is correct. No serving info was entered, just yield, so the number displayed is for 1 dozen cookies. The nutritional data is set up for servings, and can get a bit weird when no data for servings is included with the recipe.
    Dee514
    Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:57 pm
    Forum Host
    Thanks much, Kathy. icon_smile.gif
    duonyte
    Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm
    Forum Host
    Better Than Kit Kat Bars
    In the detailed analysis it shows 1 lb of graham crackers as being almost 6000 grams - more like 12 lbs!
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites