Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / African Cooking / WILD THINGS! GAME, VENISON AND EXOTIC FOODS!
    Lost? Site Map

    WILD THINGS! GAME, VENISON AND EXOTIC FOODS!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
    JoyfulCook
    Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:51 am
    Forum Host
    Demelza, I am so pleased that you did actually give us a visit - there is just so many forums here on Food dot. I love your story, and thats fair enough. he gets to BBQ it at least,

    do you ever eat the sausages he makes? Zurie who is a host here with me, does wonderful things with meat. But I just cant bring myself to eat it like she does. I am sure it goes back to my days of growing up in India, where hygiene was not really high on their list. and then the market place when we eventually lived in Kenya was so basic. but of course a lot has since changed but old habits and all that icon_smile.gif

    Zurie what is warthog carpaccio????? do tell please.

    Demelza, call me Joy everyone does…… o.k. am off to get some work done for TOTM as the topic changes then….. happy new year too icon_smile.gif
    lotusland
    Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Where can I find sausage making recipes here? The sifter isn't working well today..or something. Lotus.
    JoyfulCook
    Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 pm
    Forum Host
    lotusland wrote:
    Where can I find sausage making recipes here? The sifter isn't working well today..or something. Lotus.


    I cant find anything on sausge making either but here is a page I found on the web, on different sites and sausage recipes,
    http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=how+to+make+sausages

    it looks good, so do check it out, and let me know if you found what you want as I have bought a new mincer for meat and it has a sausage attachment but have not had time to even think about doing any yet.
    lotusland
    Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:36 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Thanks very much J C. That site will keep my hubby busy..LOL. Lotusland
    Zurie
    Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm
    Forum Host
    Quote:
    JoyfulCook wrote: Zurie, what is warthog carpaccio????? do tell please.


    Geeee .... icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

    Is this place quiet!!

    Any "carpaccio" is basically a tender cut (such as tenderloin/fillet) which is cut into paper-thin slices, RAW, and presented with (most often) rocket/arugula leaves, shaved parmesan, and drizzled with a nice vinaigrette.

    I think I have some very wild, ancient genes ... I LOVE anything raw!! LOVE oysters, LOVE these carpaccios!!!! LOVE raw fish -- my favourite thing is to fillet my own fresh fish (when available) and then slowly cut out bits of raw fish from the bones, dip it into sushi soya, and eat it with Japanese ginger ... icon_cool.gif
    JoyfulCook
    Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm
    Forum Host
    lotusland wrote:
    Thanks very much J C. That site will keep my hubby busy..LOL. Lotusland


    great, glad I could help icon_biggrin.gif
    JoyfulCook
    Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:08 pm
    Forum Host
    Zurie wrote:
    Quote:
    JoyfulCook wrote: Zurie, what is warthog carpaccio????? do tell please.


    Geeee .... icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

    Is this place quiet!!

    Any "carpaccio" is basically a tender cut (such as tenderloin/fillet) which is cut into paper-thin slices, RAW, and presented with (most often) rocket/arugula leaves, shaved parmesan, and drizzled with a nice vinaigrette.

    I think I have some very wild, ancient genes ... I LOVE anything raw!! LOVE oysters, LOVE these carpaccios!!!! LOVE raw fish -- my favourite thing is to fillet my own fresh fish (when available) and then slowly cut out bits of raw fish from the bones, dip it into sushi soya, and eat it with Japanese ginger ... icon_cool.gif


    I know its so quiet Zurie, Lotuslands query was the fist in a whole year, not many know about us icon_sad.gif
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites