Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Customer Support / NEW PROFILES: Help with Banners & Profile Images
    Lost? Site Map

    NEW PROFILES: Help with Banners & Profile Images

    Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Page >>
    Liza at Food.com
    Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 pm
    Food.com Staff
    Here are some directions to add/edit and move photos around your About Me page from Matt at Recipezaar. Hope these help.



    Note: You can also paste the html directly into the About Me and My Banners boxes to insert < img> and <embed> code. However, it won't show up immediately on your page when you click save. You have to go back to My Account and click "Save" a second time for any html pasted directly into the box to show up.



    Note: Apple Mac directions are in parentheses.
    You can also select multiple images at once by pressing ctrl and clicking on the images.
    Darkhunter
    Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Hello, you hard working little elves........
    Is there a way to add text to the banners?.....or am I just too stupid to figure it out myself? If so, please take my hand and sloooooooly guide me through the forest icon_wink.gif
    Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
    Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    AuntSana wrote:
    Hello, you hard working little elves........
    Is there a way to add text to the banners?.....or am I just too stupid to figure it out myself? If so, please take my hand and sloooooooly guide me through the forest icon_wink.gif


    Look at Liza's example boxes above ~ underneath the slot for the URL ~ the two slots that read:

    Image description
    Title


    Try inserting text there! Seems like where it should be added ~
    MBDenton
    Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 pm
    Food.com Staff
    Hi AuntSana

    In the same way that you can click to position the cursor within the box to paste the image, you can position the cursor beside or below the image and start typing.
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Liza at Recipezaar wrote:
    Here are some directions to add/edit and move photos around your About Me page from Matt at Recipezaar. Hope these help.



    Note: You can also paste the html directly into the About Me and My Banners boxes to insert < img> and <embed> code. However, it won't show up immediately on your page when you click save. You have to go back to My Account and click "Save" a second time for any html pasted directly into the box to show up.



    Note: Apple Mac directions are in parentheses.
    You can also select multiple images at once by pressing ctrl and clicking on the images.

    I tried this part of the thread:

    Note: You can also paste the html directly into the About Me and My Banners boxes to insert < img> and <embed> code. However, it won't show up immediately on your page when you click save. You have to go back to My Account and click "Save" a second time for any html pasted directly into the box to show up.
    But when I click insert I get a message reading:
    " Are you sure you want to continue without
    including an Image Description ?"
    And when I click " O.K. "
    I get a message saying " Image is no longer
    avalible ".
    And when I tried suggestions from others,
    all my banners went poof icon_sad.gif


    Last edited by Chef shapeweaver © on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
    Sweetiebarbara
    Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    So far, the only big difference that I have seen, is that my profile pic looks normal on my profile page and squished on the other personal pages.

    I am not going to move my banners tonight, but plan to, as I think it will look better if they are "put in their place"... will they be removed if I fail to move them?

    My About Me page looks the same as it has since I last updated it... will it be changing, or will I be the one who changes it? Can I still post photos on my AM Page, if they are links to something like Photobucket?

    TIA... all looks quite seamless to me... icon_wink.gif
    Liza at Food.com
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 am
    Food.com Staff
    SW,

    I logged in as you and fixed it so now those two banners you wanted are in your banners area..yay! But I didn't see any other banners in your about me area so hopefully you have record of them somewhere to paste the URL's into the banners area?

    SB,

    Great to see you...hope you are feeling better! Your banners are safe where they are until you move them. Yes, you can still post photos to your page using photo bucket in your about me area. And your page is now how it will look...so the only changes will be made by you. Take your time!
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Liza,
    Thank you for placing those two banners. icon_smile.gif
    Now I wish I knew how to place the
    others icon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif
    flower7
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:56 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Is it possible to make the editing boxes any bigger? Especially in the banners box it is really hard to see what you are doing when the box is so small! icon_smile.gif

    ETA: Maybe it's my browser? I'm using Firefox 3.5.8 and the box is about 1 inch tall. The photo above from Matt looks much bigger.
    Molly53
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am
    Forum Host
    flower7 wrote:
    Is it possible to make the editing boxes any bigger? Especially in the banners box it is really hard to see what you are doing when the box is so small! icon_smile.gif

    ETA: Maybe it's my browser? I'm using Firefox 3.5.8 and the box is about 1 inch tall. The photo above from Matt looks much bigger.
    Try holding down the CTRL key and rolling your mouse wheel forward until you get things to an acceptable size.
    flower7
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Molly53 wrote:
    flower7 wrote:
    Is it possible to make the editing boxes any bigger? Especially in the banners box it is really hard to see what you are doing when the box is so small! icon_smile.gif

    ETA: Maybe it's my browser? I'm using Firefox 3.5.8 and the box is about 1 inch tall. The photo above from Matt looks much bigger.
    Try holding down the CTRL key and rolling your mouse wheel forward until you get things to an acceptable size.

    Sorry, that just makes everything bigger, including the text, which doesn't really help. Everything is still the same size ratio to the box. Thanks though! icon_smile.gif
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Can we leave our Banners in the " About Me "
    section or do they have to be moved to the
    " My Banners " section ?
    Liza at Food.com
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm
    Food.com Staff
    You can leave them in your about me area if you prefer!
    MBDenton
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm
    Food.com Staff
    flower7 wrote:
    Is it possible to make the editing boxes any bigger? Especially in the banners box it is really hard to see what you are doing when the box is so small! icon_smile.gif


    I agree with you... I've put in a ticket to make them taller. I don't have an estimated fix date but it's on the list. icon_cool.gif
    Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
    Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Matt at Recipezaar wrote:
    Hi AuntSana

    In the same way that you can click to position the cursor within the box to paste the image, you can position the cursor beside or below the image and start typing.


    Hey Matt!

    After clicking on the little tree, I entered text as you advised for my Media Swap banner, but the text didn't show up when the banner published. I also typed in the description/title slots, as I thought was the logical place, and nothing shows up with the banners either ~

    I know your advised method for entering text will work in the About Me portion ~ that is how we've always done it. So if we want to categorize and separate our banners (i.e., tag games, swaps, PAC, etc) down in the Banner location, how do we do it? Or, maybe it isn't possible?
    Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites