Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Kitchen Gadgets & Appliances / Most pointless kitchen gadget?
    Lost? Site Map

    Most pointless kitchen gadget?

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Page >>
    ejmatl
    Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:21 am
    Food.com Groupie
    i have a load of zy**s, ch**n and K* accoutrements gotten under the "buy two, get one free"program at freddie's. one of the zy**s ice cream scoopers has been repurposed as a dish scoop. the rest - not so much. they sit in a drawer i don't open at all.

    ellie
    Tiny kitchen, big chef
    Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:22 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    katie in the UP wrote:
    Chocolatl wrote:
    Something that looks like a piece of corrugated metal with a handle. It's a slicer of some kind, evidently. I don't remember where I picked it up, but I don't think I've ever used it.


    I bought mine at a Pampered Chef party rotfl.gif
    I actually use it to slice radishes and carrots and cukes for crudite trays rotfl.gif


    I have that one from Pampered Chef too! The only thing I use it for is to cut up butternut squash. It slides right through it and I'm always afraid of cutting my hand rocking a big knife through them.
    Cinisajoy
    Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:19 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Bumping this up so I could find it
    Lord Bezoar
    Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:14 pm
    Regular "Line Cook" Poster
    I don't know if what I have is actually a blooming onion maker, but I have to say that I have found it to be the perfect thing to cut up and core apples for apple crisp and pies...
    Psalm AKA Typo Qween
    Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I know this will be the a shock, but the thing I regret is the Magic Bullet! The ONLY thing that does not turn to mush is garlic so it is all I use it for.
    katie in the UP
    Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:27 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Psalm wrote:
    I know this will be the a shock, but the thing I regret is the Magic Bullet! The ONLY thing that does not turn to mush is garlic so it is all I use it for.


    If you ever get the chance....use it for making fresh horseradish too!! It works really well with it!!
    katie in the UP
    Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Tiny kitchen, big chef wrote:
    katie in the UP wrote:
    Chocolatl wrote:
    Something that looks like a piece of corrugated metal with a handle. It's a slicer of some kind, evidently. I don't remember where I picked it up, but I don't think I've ever used it.


    I bought mine at a Pampered Chef party rotfl.gif
    I actually use it to slice radishes and carrots and cukes for crudite trays rotfl.gif


    I have that one from Pampered Chef too! The only thing I use it for is to cut up butternut squash. It slides right through it and I'm always afraid of cutting my hand rocking a big knife through them.


    I have the pampered chef one also. I remember the night of the party....we used the apple corer (which I also thought I couldn't live with out rotfl.gif) and the krinkle cut thing.....
    you core a cucumber stick a carrot in the middle.....and slice with the krinkle thing rotfl.gif I've never made them!!! BUT I have the gadgets too do so icon_redface.gif
    Hemlock Tea
    Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:58 am
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    My mom got me a mini egg pan- perfectly sized for cooking a single egg. It came with a tiny spatula, and both were decorated with a cute little egg on the handles (kind of creepy). I used it a couple of times, but got rid of it after nearly burning my hand- the pan is only a third of the size of a burner, and getting it to balance was tricky.
    Using an egg ring in a normal sized pan is a much better idea.

    http://www.amazon.com/Joie-Vivre-50162-Nonstick-Surface/dp/B00068UTJI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1237305445&sr=8-1
    Chef #1189113
    Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    See more Recipes here - http://www.superwhipper.com/rec.html
    Psalm AKA Typo Qween
    Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    katie in the UP wrote:
    Psalm wrote:
    I know this will be the a shock, but the thing I regret is the Magic Bullet! The ONLY thing that does not turn to mush is garlic so it is all I use it for.


    If you ever get the chance....use it for making fresh horseradish too!! It works really well with it!!

    I may try that katie, and I use it for grounding up nuts and cheese too. However, that is it.
    Chocolatl
    Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:41 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Hemlock Tea wrote:
    My mom got me a mini egg pan- perfectly sized for cooking a single egg. It came with a tiny spatula, and both were decorated with a cute little egg on the handles (kind of creepy). I used it a couple of times, but got rid of it after nearly burning my hand- the pan is only a third of the size of a burner, and getting it to balance was tricky.
    Using an egg ring in a normal sized pan is a much better idea.

    http://www.amazon.com/Joie-Vivre-50162-Nonstick-Surface/dp/B00068UTJI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1237305445&sr=8-1

    icon_lol.gif That's really cute, and really useless.
    I had a 6" cast iron pan once. I must have gotten it free with something else; I know I didn't buy it. What do you cook in a 6" cast iron skillet? Three shrimp? One corn muffin?
    Karen Elizabeth
    Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Chocolatl wrote:

    icon_lol.gif That's really cute, and really useless.
    I had a 6" cast iron pan once. I must have gotten it free with something else; I know I didn't buy it. What do you cook in a 6" cast iron skillet? Three shrimp? One corn muffin?


    exactly my feeling about the mini wok I was given for Christmas .. oh, uh, thanks.......... as you say, maybe three shrimp??? icon_lol.gif
    Borealis Beegirl
    Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I have a microplane that I don't use, thought It would be good as a zester, but haven't had a need for it yet. Others said chocolate or nuts can be used on that too, but I do not cook with those either. Maybe we should have a useless gadget swap, as I am sure someone might like some of these gadgets
    Chocolatl
    Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Borealis Beegirl wrote:
    Maybe we should have a useless gadget swap, as I am sure someone might like some of these gadgets

    I'm in! icon_biggrin.gif
    Energized1
    Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:05 pm
    Semi-Experienced "Sous Chef" Poster
    I love the little 6" cast iron skillets. I have 4 and wish I had more. I use them to cook and serve appy's in - like stuffed mushrooms, or baked cheese or whatever. Just wrap a nice napkin around the handle and serve straight out of the oven.
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites