Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    Lost? Site Map

    I Froze This!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page >>
    Nana Lee
    Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Thank you Tsh and SecretIngredients. I've always used that method, I just didn't know the term "flash freezing" was now used for it. Where have I been will this was happening?
    Queen Dragon Mom
    Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 am
    Food.com Groupie
    This one works very nicely for freezing:

    That Casserole by Xtine.

    I let it cool, cut into individual servings and flash freeze them. When they are rock-solid (which doesn't take long) I pack the servings in vacuum sealed bags and stick them in the freezer. Did a bunch of these in April and just ate the last serving a couple of days ago and it was still yummy. They reheat in the mike really well or can be put in a casserole reheated in the oven at a low temp.
    Queen Dragon Mom
    Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:09 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    This is one of mine that freezes well:

    Potato Pancakes

    I make them up and brown them but don't completely cook them through. Flash freeze individually and package in ziplock bags. We take out however many we need, thaw them and finish cooking in a hot frying pan or on a griddle. The keep for a long time, too.
    Tish
    Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:46 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Queen Dragon Mom wrote:
    This is one of mine that freezes well:

    Potato Pancakes

    I make them up and brown them but don't completely cook them through. Flash freeze individually and package in ziplock bags. We take out however many we need, thaw them and finish cooking in a hot frying pan or on a griddle. The keep for a long time, too.
    If you would, it would be great of you to add your OAMC directions to the recipe and get this into the OAMC category! If you need any help zmail me. We love have new ones to suggest for everyone else! icon_smile.gif
    Queen Dragon Mom
    Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Tish wrote:
    Queen Dragon Mom wrote:
    This is one of mine that freezes well:

    Potato Pancakes

    I make them up and brown them but don't completely cook them through. Flash freeze individually and package in ziplock bags. We take out however many we need, thaw them and finish cooking in a hot frying pan or on a griddle. The keep for a long time, too.
    If you would, it would be great of you to add your OAMC directions to the recipe and get this into the OAMC category! If you need any help zmail me. We love have new ones to suggest for everyone else! icon_smile.gif



    Sure! Directions modified and have asked the elves if they will add OAMC to the categories for it. If there is some way for a chef to change the categories themselves I don't know of it...
    Tish
    Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:25 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Category changes can only be made by 'zaar elves icon_smile.gif Thanks for the update on the recipe! I contact the other chef for the recipe you suggested. Thanks!
    Houseblend
    Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:17 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I've frozen True Lemon Chicken, but just the sauce portion. I cooled it completely, then put into quart size baggy. The day I wanted to use it for dinner, I put it in the fridge a few hours beforehand and it thawed really quickly. Nuked it for about 1 minute until it reached my desired temperature, then served over dinner. My only suggestion might be that if you are going to freeze it, decrease the sugar to half a cup as the sugary taste intensified after freezing/reheating, but the consistency was great!
    Tish
    Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:48 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I have contacted her to see if she would be willing to add the directions. Thanks for the heads up!
    Chattes
    Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Mrs. O'Brien's Chicken freezes perfectly. I put boneless chicken breasts with all the other ingredients in a freezer bag and popped in the freezer. Tonight, after thawing it overnight in the refrigerator, I cooked it in the oven for about 45 minutes @ 350 and it came out great.
    Tish
    Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Chattes wrote:
    Mrs. O'Brien's Chicken freezes perfectly. I put boneless chicken breasts with all the other ingredients in a freezer bag and popped in the freezer. Tonight, after thawing it overnight in the refrigerator, I cooked it in the oven for about 45 minutes @ 350 and it came out great.
    I have notes on this one too! You can also crockpot it from frozen. The posting chef passed away so we are unable to make any changes...thanks though for reminding me of a great recipe icon_smile.gif
    Queen Dragon Mom
    Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:30 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Tish, can't the elves make that kind of change to recipe instructions? (not like they don't have anything else to do, you know icon_wink.gif ) but I think it might be worth asking...
    Tish
    Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I have asked in the past since there are a few circumstances like this that have come up...but they don't want to change the integrity of the recipes, so we are left with making sure crazy people like me keep notes on all the recipes! I can understand....their families may come back to see the old family recipe, etc. icon_smile.gif
    Queen Dragon Mom
    Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:33 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    OK, that makes sense. Odd, though, that they are changing titles and so forth. Oh, well, who knows?
    dianegrapegrower
    Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:56 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Queen Dragon Mom wrote:
    Tish, can't the elves make that kind of change to recipe instructions? (not like they don't have anything else to do, you know icon_wink.gif ) but I think it might be worth asking...


    You could review it and put the instructions in your review. It won't come up in the search, but at least the instructions are accessible to you and others there.

    D
    Queen Dragon Mom
    Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:46 am
    Food.com Groupie
    dianegrapegrower wrote:
    Queen Dragon Mom wrote:
    Tish, can't the elves make that kind of change to recipe instructions? (not like they don't have anything else to do, you know icon_wink.gif ) but I think it might be worth asking...


    You could review it and put the instructions in your review. It won't come up in the search, but at least the instructions are accessible to you and others there.

    D


    That would work, yes. Thanks!
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites