Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Celebrity Chefs and Famous Cooks / Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten
    Lost? Site Map

    Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page >>
    lauralie41
    Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:19 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Misty Mathews wrote:
    Ina is the best icon_lol.gif I Tivo her show. I have tried several of her recipes and they are all wonderful. I watch food network all the time and I am quite burned out on some of the shows, I don't even watch them anymore (Emeril, Paula, Rachael) But Ina I could watch everyday. Misty


    I have to watch my Paula, adore her! icon_smile.gif Know what you mean about Ina though, she just is so elegant but laid back and warm. I would love to sit down and have lunch with her!
    Jacqueline in KY
    Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:07 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I did not care of Ina until I saw her chefography and I really fell in love with her at that point and I do watch her now, but I do not own any of her cookbooks.

    Jacqueline
    sleumas75
    Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:52 am
    Experienced "Head Chef" Poster
    I love Ina's show her delivery and presentation is soothing and is not intimidating to new cooks. I see they have a new lineup where she does not come on 11am cst i hate that, but I guess they have rerun about all her shows,hopefully she will film some new ones.
    lauralie41
    Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:58 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Jacqueline in KY wrote:
    I did not care of Ina until I saw her chefography and I really fell in love with her at that point and I do watch her now, but I do not own any of her cookbooks.

    Jacqueline


    I only have one of her cookbooks and I didnt care for it as much as I thought I would but still enjoy her and the show!
    lauralie41
    Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:01 am
    Food.com Groupie
    sleumas75 wrote:
    I love Ina's show her delivery and presentation is soothing and is not intimidating to new cooks. I see they have a new lineup where she does not come on 11am cst i hate that, but I guess they have rerun about all her shows,hopefully she will film some new ones.


    There used to be a show on in the afternoon, does that one not come on anymore?
    sleumas75
    Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 am
    Experienced "Head Chef" Poster
    Yes it comes on 4Pm, CST, not twice a day anymore icon_sad.gif . Some of those other shows could go to once a day as well.
    Willowbranch
    Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:47 am
    Semi-Experienced "Sous Chef" Poster
    Ina has helped me realize that a dinner party is about having fun & your guests will not have as much fun if you're in the kitchen sweating over the stove. I have all of her cookbooks & have never made anything that wasn't great. I do have to cut down on the salt, because she likes things a little too salty for me. I'm making her apple crostata for a work lunch on Monday. It's a great, easy recipe that I've made many times.
    lauralie41
    Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    sleumas75 wrote:
    Yes it comes on 4Pm, CST, not twice a day anymore icon_sad.gif . Some of those other shows could go to once a day as well.


    I had my day set with my favorite shows and Barefoot Contessa was in there. We cancelled our cable because the prices kept getting higher and higher but the service was still lacking so I dont get to see any of my shows now and I miss them a lot.
    lauralie41
    Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:08 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Willowbranch wrote:
    Ina has helped me realize that a dinner party is about having fun & your guests will not have as much fun if you're in the kitchen sweating over the stove. I have all of her cookbooks & have never made anything that wasn't great. I do have to cut down on the salt, because she likes things a little too salty for me. I'm making her apple crostata for a work lunch on Monday. It's a great, easy recipe that I've made many times.


    The apple crostata sounds very good!
    Apple Crostata #77051

    I switched to kosher salt and I dont seem to use as much as I did with regular table salt.
    theanna
    Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I love the Barefoot Contessa and have tried many of her recipes with great success. Her hair does drive me crazy. She shakes her head to get her hair out of her face right over whatever she is cooking. Blech! She needs to invest some of that money in some hair barrettes while she's cooking.
    Paintpuddles
    Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:43 pm
    Regular "Line Cook" Poster
    I have made so may of Ina Garten's recipes and all were enjoyed. I just find her dishes too heavy handed with the salt and I often cut back alot when I make a recipe a second time.
    lauralie41
    Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:20 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Paintpuddles wrote:
    I have made so may of Ina Garten's recipes and all were enjoyed. I just find her dishes too heavy handed with the salt and I often cut back alot when I make a recipe a second time.


    Hi Paintpuddles! I started using Kosher salt and it's probably my imagination but it seems to have a nicer "salt" flavor than regular table salt and I dont use as much either. icon_smile.gif

    Watched Ina tonight and they made pizzas on the grill and a lime curd tart I think it was. Wish I could have been there enjoying with them!
    Manami
    Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Sometimes, she is heavy-handed with the salt. icon_confused.gif I like kosher salt but use very little salt in cooking. icon_rolleyes.gif She just has such a beautiful way about her - simple, elegant & most of the time easy instructions. icon_wink.gif I probably wrote this in my last post. wave.gif
    lauralie41
    Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:04 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    DiScharf wrote:
    Sometimes, she is heavy-handed with the salt. icon_confused.gif I like kosher salt but use very little salt in cooking. icon_rolleyes.gif She just has such a beautiful way about her - simple, elegant & most of the time easy instructions. icon_wink.gif I probably wrote this in my last post. wave.gif


    wave.gif Hi Hon!!
    She does have a beautiful way about her. I would love to be in the kitchen with her for a day. icon_smile.gif
    Rainbow*Bubbles
    Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:02 pm
    Experienced "Head Chef" Poster
    I love her show! My mum hates it, lol, coz she's a health freak and says she uses too much oil/butter/cream etc, (so am I but it doesn't stop me from wanting to watch the recipes and they look amazing!), but it's on every night on UKTV Food when I'm cooking for my dad coming home from work and I love it, it's my 'chillout' time. I really want to make her peanut butter and jelly bars someday, they look so good. The only problem I find is that all her recipes make so much, at home I'd probably be the only one eating it so I don't want loads of leftovers, and most of them can't be scaled down icon_sad.gif.
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites