Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Celebrity Chefs and Famous Cooks / Gordon Ramsay
    Lost? Site Map

    Gordon Ramsay

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page >>
    scancan
    Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:39 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Not that it is a big deal at all, but if we love Chef Ramsay's show we should spell his name correctly so perhaps someone can fix the forum name icon_question.gif
    Zurie
    Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:02 pm
    Forum Host
    THANK YOU, Scancan!!! icon_biggrin.gif I'm new here as forum host, and didn't notice that his surname was spelled wrongly. It's been corrected. I also hate the misspelling of the names of well-known people. Thanks again, for pointing that out!! icon_biggrin.gif
    Noo
    Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:39 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I have a couple of his recipes that you may want to stick in your cookbooks..both of them are delicious!!

    Gordon Ramsay's Chocolate Fondant#353558
    Gordon Ramsay's Tikka Masala#346344
    Evie T
    Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:41 am
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    I adore GR. Matter of fact, I'm about to go to Hulu and catch up on some more Kitchen Nightmares.

    I've only discovered him recently so I have only seen a few F-Word and no Kitchen Nightmares. Can't wait to get to those!

    So glad that Shepherd's Pie recipe is on here. I've been wanting to try that since I saw it on the show!
    scancan
    Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    For all you GR fans, Hulu allows you to embed video clips from his shows so I have a great clip on "My Page" here on Zaar with that hysterically funny Colleen and GR interaction. I think it really enhances my page if I do say so myself. icon_lol.gif
    Wheres_the_Beef?
    Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:24 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    The U.K. Times Online newspaper has a regular online cooking column by Gordon Ramsay. He usually includes several recipes.
    Here's a link to his column:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/gordon_ramsay

    If you do a search for "Gordon Ramsay" in the Times Online "Search" box, you will pull up links to Ramsay's recipes for the past several years.
    Cluich
    Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:37 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Unfortunately, The Times online is subscription only. icon_cry.gif
    Zurie
    Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm
    Forum Host
    I always thought Gordon Ramsay's swearing and short temper was only a put-on act for "reality TV".

    But in a Sunday newspaper they published an interview with him, here in South Africa, after his (now failed) restaurant opened in May.

    My goodness!! He is just as "short" and irritable in real life as on TV!! Perhaps the f-word wasn't used as often, but he certainly was not the kind family man with the journalist!

    (And it's rumoured he's had a 7 year affair ... and he has 4 kids and Dana, a perfectly lovely wife).
    alexis_chef97
    Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Gosh....You just gotta love Ramasy...........Hey guys checkout my recipes icon_lol.gif
    Chocolatl
    Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Zurie wrote:
    I always thought Gordon Ramsay's swearing and short temper was only a put-on act for "reality TV".

    But in a Sunday newspaper they published an interview with him, here in South Africa, after his (now failed) restaurant opened in May.

    My goodness!! He is just as "short" and irritable in real life as on TV!! Perhaps the f-word wasn't used as often, but he certainly was not the kind family man with the journalist!

    (And it's rumoured he's had a 7 year affair ... and he has 4 kids and Dana, a perfectly lovely wife).


    Well, you know what rumors are--rumors. I have no idea if it's true or not, and don't think it's my business. I figure it's between him and his wife. I should think if it were true, ,she'd be making something of a fuss.

    As to the interview, perhaps that's the persona the journalist wanted him to show. They do prep people for these interviews; it's not all spontaneous.
    I'mPat
    Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:48 am
    Forum Host
    I like his recipes but I just don't like him and well his temper was certainly there when he was here in Australia last year (a breakfast/luncheon gig was cancelled due to lack of interest) and he had to be shamed into donating a signed chef's jacket for charity function for children - sorry but with the exception of his recipes nothing else appeals to me.


    Pat
    Zurie
    Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 am
    Forum Host
    Chocolatl wrote:
    Zurie wrote:
    I always thought Gordon Ramsay's swearing and short temper was only a put-on act for "reality TV".

    But in a Sunday newspaper they published an interview with him, here in South Africa, after his (now failed) restaurant opened in May.

    My goodness!! He is just as "short" and irritable in real life as on TV!! Perhaps the f-word wasn't used as often, but he certainly was not the kind family man with the journalist!

    (And it's rumoured he's had a 7 year affair ... and he has 4 kids and Dana, a perfectly lovely wife).


    Well, you know what rumors are--rumors. I have no idea if it's true or not, and don't think it's my business. I figure it's between him and his wife. I should think if it were true, ,she'd be making something of a fuss.

    As to the interview, perhaps that's the persona the journalist wanted him to show. They do prep people for these interviews; it's not all spontaneous.


    Choccie, in this forum we discuss celebrities (mainly). It's a hazard of being famous, that you and your personal life will be discussed. It's hard, sometimes sad, but inescapable.

    His wife is a fantastic person (beautiful too) who has published her own cookbooks (2, I think).

    I feel perfectly justified here, to repeat gossip which is an open secret anyway and which was in several publications ages ago. It's between him and Dana, his wife, sure -- and he's unlikely to read this thread anyway ...

    I happen to know the journalist who did the interview. She's a food writer, and a very soft-spoken and gentle person. She certainly was not "prepped" to annoy him, and she only had a light chat with him. He really was short-tempered with her.

    Sorry, I used to like Ramsay a few years ago, but not any more.
    Chocolatl
    Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Zurie wrote:
    Chocolatl wrote:
    Zurie wrote:
    I always thought Gordon Ramsay's swearing and short temper was only a put-on act for "reality TV".

    But in a Sunday newspaper they published an interview with him, here in South Africa, after his (now failed) restaurant opened in May.

    My goodness!! He is just as "short" and irritable in real life as on TV!! Perhaps the f-word wasn't used as often, but he certainly was not the kind family man with the journalist!

    (And it's rumoured he's had a 7 year affair ... and he has 4 kids and Dana, a perfectly lovely wife).


    Well, you know what rumors are--rumors. I have no idea if it's true or not, and don't think it's my business. I figure it's between him and his wife. I should think if it were true, ,she'd be making something of a fuss.

    As to the interview, perhaps that's the persona the journalist wanted him to show. They do prep people for these interviews; it's not all spontaneous.


    Choccie, in this forum we discuss celebrities (mainly). It's a hazard of being famous, that you and your personal life will be discussed. It's hard, sometimes sad, but inescapable.

    His wife is a fantastic person (beautiful too) who has published her own cookbooks (2, I think).

    I feel perfectly justified here, to repeat gossip which is an open secret anyway and which was in several publications ages ago. It's between him and Dana, his wife, sure -- and he's unlikely to read this thread anyway ...

    I happen to know the journalist who did the interview. She's a food writer, and a very soft-spoken and gentle person. She certainly was not "prepped" to annoy him, and she only had a light chat with him. He really was short-tempered with her.

    Sorry, I used to like Ramsay a few years ago, but not any more.


    Well, Zurie, aren't I entitled to make a comment, too? I thought I was just expressing my views on the subject.

    Sheesh.

    Guess everybody's entitled to an opinion but me. icon_cry.gif
    Zurie
    Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:40 am
    Forum Host
    Of course you're entitled to make a comment!

    I was defending the fact that I repeated the gossip about GR! icon_wink.gif
    I'mPat
    Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am
    Forum Host
    I'mPat wrote:
    I like his recipes but I just don't like him and well his temper was certainly there when he was here in Australia last year (a breakfast/luncheon gig was cancelled due to lack of interest) and he had to be shamed into donating a signed chef's jacket for charity function for children - sorry but with the exception of his recipes nothing else appeals to me.


    Pat


    As a side note the female journalist he insulted donated a jacket (though not the the one she was wearing during the interview) and it fetched a lot more than his did. He turned a lot of people off here with his prima dona antics.

    Also I was bought up with the proviso "if you must resort to swearing it shows a lack of your understanding of the English language or any language for that matter" - I quote my Dear Departed Dad and yes there are times I swear and I feel ashamed of myself for doing so, again my upbringing and that I am not ashamed of that.

    So coming down to it he himself and his perona turn me off.

    Pat
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites