Recipe Sifter

  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.


As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    Lost? Site Map

    Help in the dessert forum

    Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:03 pm
    Forum Host
    Can someone help Brandy with this question:

    Hi, has anyone out there heard of a Kruler?? I don't know if I'm spelling it correctly. I believe it is a type of German cookie or dessert. My mother made them years ago. All I can remember is that they are some kind of dough, rolled out thin, twisted and fried, then sprinkled with powdered sugar. I'm looking for a recipe, or at least the proper name and spelling. Thanks
    Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 am Groupie
    Krullers are a type of donut, sounds like what you described. Not sure they are a true German recipe..many American donut shops shell this type of donut though. I do recall seeing pastries in Germany that to me reminded me of Krulles, I just cant recall off hand what they were called..perhaps they are the descendants of the American Kruller donuts. I see if I can find a recipe for you.
    Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:09 am Groupie
    Found some info :

    "There are two different kinds of crullers, French and Dutch:

    The Dutch kruller is a fried cake-like donut that resembles a cinnamon twist and is brushed with sugar. The word "krulle" in Dutch means twisted cake.

    The French cruller is round, made from deep fried cream-puff batter, and glazed."
    Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:10 am Groupie
    Recipe on Zaar:
    Cinnamon Twist Recipe recipe #24345
    E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy

    Ideas from

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes Network of Sites