Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Breads & Baking / Helpful Tips for Sourdough Baking
    Lost? Site Map

    Helpful Tips for Sourdough Baking

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    DAR Lady
    Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Donna, Not enough time to read all the posts right now, but I did get to the one where you mentioned you used a dog biscuit using starter, would you consider posting the recipe if you haven't already? I will come back and read all the posts as soon as I can. Thanks icon_smile.gif DAR Lady
    CarrolJ
    Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    duonyte wrote:
    OK, this person apparently has an e-book on gluten free sourdough, but has posted some recipes on her blog, http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/gluten-free-sourdough

    This is another source, although the picture of the bread loos pretty ugly! http://gluten-dairy-sugarfree.com/?p=884


    It wouldn't look so bad if the baker had let the bread brown before taking it out. My daughter does that and I find not only is the bread less appetizing looking but I don't think the bread has as good of a texture as it would if it were baked a bit longer.

    HI to Jenny Mac! Gosh you are almost as bad of a blast of the past as I was. If there hadn't been so many problems with the website about the same time we were moving here and trying to buy a house...I would still have been keeping in touch better. Fortunately they seem to have conquered the worst of the problems. Welcome back Jenny! Missed you.

    Has anyone heard from our wonderful Scottish tea lass, Tea Jenny? I miss her too!
    duonyte
    Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:45 pm
    Forum Host
    Jenny Mac wrote:
    Thankyou all wso much for your helpful replies. I will of course carry on baking my Sourdough for my husband who absolutely loves it.
    Most gluten free bread is indeed very dire, but we can buy a make of bread here which is actually good..called "Genius" which is available in brown or white, and is horrendously expensive too.
    never mind, it is all a steep learning curve. I shall try the rice flour anyway.
    Thanks again you lovely people.


    Jenny, I ran across a gluten free starter and bread, posted the recipes,
    Gluten-Free Sourdough Starter
    Gluten-Free Sourdough Bread
    Bonnie G #2
    Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:46 am
    Food.com Groupie
    CarrolJ wrote:
    duonyte wrote:
    OK, this person apparently has an e-book on gluten free sourdough, but has posted some recipes on her blog, http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/gluten-free-sourdough

    This is another source, although the picture of the bread loos pretty ugly! http://gluten-dairy-sugarfree.com/?p=884


    It wouldn't look so bad if the baker had let the bread brown before taking it out. My daughter does that and I find not only is the bread less appetizing looking but I don't think the bread has as good of a texture as it would if it were baked a bit longer.

    HI to Jenny Mac! Gosh you are almost as bad of a blast of the past as I was. If there hadn't been so many problems with the website about the same time we were moving here and trying to buy a house...I would still have been keeping in touch better. Fortunately they seem to have conquered the worst of the problems. Welcome back Jenny! Missed you.

    Has anyone heard from our wonderful Scottish tea lass, Tea Jenny? I miss her too!


    Yes, TJ has been hanging about the Diabetic Thread, you can usually find her there.
    CarrolJ
    Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Bonnie G #2 wrote:
    CarrolJ wrote:
    duonyte wrote:
    OK, this person apparently has an e-book on gluten free sourdough, but has posted some recipes on her blog, http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/gluten-free-sourdough

    This is another source, although the picture of the bread loos pretty ugly! http://gluten-dairy-sugarfree.com/?p=884


    It wouldn't look so bad if the baker had let the bread brown before taking it out. My daughter does that and I find not only is the bread less appetizing looking but I don't think the bread has as good of a texture as it would if it were baked a bit longer.

    HI to Jenny Mac! Gosh you are almost as bad of a blast of the past as I was. If there hadn't been so many problems with the website about the same time we were moving here and trying to buy a house...I would still have been keeping in touch better. Fortunately they seem to have conquered the worst of the problems. Welcome back Jenny! Missed you.

    Has anyone heard from our wonderful Scottish tea lass, Tea Jenny? I miss her too!


    Yes, TJ has been hanging about the Diabetic Thread, you can usually find her there.


    thanks a lot!
    Donna M.
    Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 pm
    Forum Host
    DAR Lady wrote:
    Donna, Not enough time to read all the posts right now, but I did get to the one where you mentioned you used a dog biscuit using starter, would you consider posting the recipe if you haven't already? I will come back and read all the posts as soon as I can. Thanks icon_smile.gif DAR Lady


    Hi DAR Lady, nice to meet you! The Doggie Biscuit recipe is posted. Here is the link: Sourdough Doggie Biscuits
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites