Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Middle East & North Africa / Adventure in Morocco
    Lost? Site Map

    Adventure in Morocco

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3  Next Page >>
    Fairy Nuff
    Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:15 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    ooooh Russy - put that telephone down and give me a kiss.... you're so sweet, even if your breath leaves a lot to be desired icon_biggrin.gif




    Pets slow down, look at the dust James is kicking up. Toolie, can you please ask Pets to stop - this is not a camel race!!!




    Ameera - where are you??? Ally is waiting



    Toolie why have you parked Camilla under the only tree for miles??? Oh - I get it icon_redface.gif

    TOOLBELT DIVA
    Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:34 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Fairy, you crack me up...Now I am going to bed... GOOD NIGHT, SWEET DREAMS, Thank you ladies for your amazing contributions to these FFF Challenges, thus far... Who Loves You Baby??? Yep, that's right Captain Smurf!!!
    justcallmetoni
    Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:00 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    Reluctantly, the Roamin' Roman Rascals have left the luxurious accommodations of their yacht in Cannes for a safari in Morocco on camel. On arrival, we were greeted with a sumptuous meal prepared by our gracious hosts. The feast began with a wide assortment of appetizers that were served in the most beautiful pottery, all hand glazed in jeweled colors.

    We especially loved Lemon and Cilantro Olives . In the spirit of cross cultural learning, we taught them about pit spitting contests popular in US. (Heh, heh.) We won't tell you which Rascal won that night. icon_lol.gif

    Served with the olives were these wonderful pasteries called B'stillas. We can't quite figure out how they got the crust so tender given the cooking conditions in the desert but that didn't stop us from enjoying them none the less. Don't tell anyone but Bergy and I tucked a few in our pockets to take on the camel ride the next day.

    For our main course we were served this amazing dish called Brahim's desert couscous. It was this combination of vegetables and lamb served atop a fluffy bed of couscous. As though the food was not appaling enough, it was served in this earthenware dish called a tagine. Our hosts were so kind, they presented us with our own pottery at the end of the meal. The tagine given to Derf was an especially pretty blue and gold, it matched her outfit perfectly. Hope these don't count as an eleventh item in our backpacks. icon_rolleyes.gif Shhh. Don't tell Susie.

    As part of our meal, we were also served a warm eggplant salad. The flavors were so yummy. Madeleine doesn't care for eggplant and still loved this one. And PanNan looked rather lady like scooping hers up with the fresh pita served in abundance.

    We were fully stuffed by them, but that didn't stop us from partaking in the date candy that was served with fresh fruit. So simple and yet delicious.

    After all that we danced and told stories all evening and into the wee hours. Hardly had time to come back to my tent and report in before passing out in my sleeping bag.

    Night all.
    justcallmetoni
    Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:53 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Sackville Girl wrote:
    Who are these people who have invaded the Africa forum??!?

    Great to see you all though icon_lol.gif icon_biggrin.gif

    And Morocco is my specialty, so how can I help?


    Keep posting those fabulous recipes! icon_lol.gif Made a few and brought them to our company caterer who is from Fez. Impressed him quite a bit.
    Zurie
    Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:47 pm
    Forum Host
    icon_biggrin.gif icon_sad.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_eek.gif OH NO!!! How did all these wonderful pics and recipes happen when I've been away for just more than one week???!!

    Girls, this is STUPENDOUS!!! I am far from Morocco, but what images, what photography, what atmosphere!!

    A most impressed Chef Zee!
    TOOLBELT DIVA
    Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:40 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Chef Zee wrote:
    icon_biggrin.gif icon_sad.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_eek.gif OH NO!!! How did all these wonderful pics and recipes happen when I've been away for just more than one week???!!

    Girls, this is STUPENDOUS!!! I am far from Morocco, but what images, what photography, what atmosphere!!

    A most impressed Chef Zee!

    TOOLBELT DIVA
    Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:48 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    OOOHHHH FairyNuff..... where are you???... Chief Slimey Smurf Siren has need of a carton of those handi-wipes... I feel so gritty... My camel, the impudent Camilla slept at the bottom of my cot, because I had the silk sheets... Smelly thing would not move over, even when I kicked her in the eyelashes.. (quite by accident, mind you. I am ticklish, and she was batting her eyes at Russie and James... her eyelashes were brushing against my bare toesies, so I gave her a shot with my left foot).. She cried so hard, her eyelashes stuck together, but we got them open with a little shot of WD40... just a little mind you....
    Fairy Nuff
    Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    IT'S ME - TOOLBELT wrote:
    OOOHHHH FairyNuff..... where are you???... Chief Slimey Smurf Siren has need of a carton of those handi-wipes... I feel so gritty... My camel, the impudent Camilla slept at the bottom of my cot, because I had the silk sheets... Smelly thing would not move over, even when I kicked her in the eyelashes.. (quite by accident, mind you. I am ticklish, and she was batting her eyes at Russie and James... her eyelashes were brushing against my bare toesies, so I gave her a shot with my left foot).. She cried so hard, her eyelashes stuck together, but we got them open with a little shot of WD40... just a little mind you....



    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif How in the world did you fit all those camels in a two man tent???

    TOOLBELT DIVA
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:59 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Fairy Nuff wrote:
    IT'S ME - TOOLBELT wrote:
    OOOHHHH FairyNuff..... where are you???... Chief Slimey Smurf Siren has need of a carton of those handi-wipes... I feel so gritty... My camel, the impudent Camilla slept at the bottom of my cot, because I had the silk sheets... Smelly thing would not move over, even when I kicked her in the eyelashes.. (quite by accident, mind you. I am ticklish, and she was batting her eyes at Russie and James... her eyelashes were brushing against my bare toesies, so I gave her a shot with my left foot).. She cried so hard, her eyelashes stuck together, but we got them open with a little shot of WD40... just a little mind you....



    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif How in the world did you fit all those camels in a two man tent???



    It was a tight squeeze, but yes it is a two-man tent, and me; the three of us left, and gave space to Camilla, James and Russie. Let them work out the logistics. Camilla is so pushy, I don't know where she got that attitude; maybe because I am cuter than she, and my eyelashes are longer.. It is very difficult to find sunglasses that will fit comfortably...never mind going through revolving doors...
    Pets'R'us
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:21 am
    Food.com Groupie
    That was fun...super job...rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
    TOOLBELT DIVA
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:31 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Pets'R'us wrote:
    That was fun...super job...rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif


    Yes, Petsie, posting photos is a lot of fun. I am always surprised when any of my attempts are successful... I still cannot fathom that a bunch of little numbers, and squigglys translate into a lovely photo in living colour. I guess that what secret coding is all about... except it isn't very secret on ZAAR is it? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
    Fairy Nuff
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:36 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Can we take our camels home with us??? icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
    TOOLBELT DIVA
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:40 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Fairy Nuff wrote:
    Can we take our camels home with us??? icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif


    No, you cannot! Camilla would be very upset... You see there is a love triangle going on here, and Fussie Russie, and Jumping James are making Camilla smile. We want Camilla to smile because she looks so cute baring her teeth.
    Pets'R'us
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    But..but...if I could take James home with me he could make me breakfast.... icon_cry.gif icon_confused.gif
    Fairy Nuff
    Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:47 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Pets'R'us wrote:
    But..but...if I could take James home with me he could make me breakfast.... icon_cry.gif icon_confused.gif


    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif That would be so cute!!!
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites