Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Grilling / BBQ / Smoking / your beer can chicken recipe please
    Lost? Site Map

    your beer can chicken recipe please

    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >>
    Judy-Jude
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I bought a rack to to grill a beer can chicken. I have also been told that it can be done with different liquids, instead of the beer.
    I posted in the grill message board but didn't come up with anything. Can you share your recipe with me? I want to do this today. I have a gas grill and it has 3 burners. I believe that I have to shut the middle one off and cook with just the side burners but not positive.
    Sackville
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:00 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Have you searched already? There are several recipes posted for this.
    Judy-Jude
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:08 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Yes I did and I had Smoked Chicken on a Beer Can in my cookbook by Whipper and this sounds very good but I wanted to know if anyone else had a special recipe using other ingredients, instead of the beer.
    I really want this to come out good.
    Judy-Jude
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:16 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Sackville Girl wrote:
    Have you searched already? There are several recipes posted for this.

    Very nice picture of you and your husband. I have a friend that lives in Tadworth-Surrey England. She has been sending me different types of snacks etc. and my favorite snack, is TWIGLETS!!!.....they are fantastic! icon_biggrin.gif She enjoys our Hidden Valley Salad dressing mix and Good Seasonings mix.
    bearhouse5
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:39 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Impera_Magna
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:47 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Beer in the Butt Chicken

    1 whole chicken
    1 can of beer
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    3 cloves garlic minced

    Preheat smoker. Wash and trim chicken. While the smoker heats up, open the beer and drink half and only half. With a can opener, cut the top of the beer can off. Add onion, vinegar and garlic to beer. When the smoker is read place the beer in the middle of the rack.

    Carefully place the chicken over the beer standing up. You might need to get a little creative to make it stand up properly. Make sure the beer can is completely covered by the chicken. Smoke for about 4 hours or until the skin is a dark tan, the meat is pink and juices run clear.

    From: http://bbq.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/bl80418b.htm
    =====

    Beer Can Chicken BBQ Recipe



    For the rub:
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon granulated onion
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 whole chicken, 4 to 5 pounds
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1 can (16 ounces) beer (tall boy)

    In a small bowl combine the rub ingredients.

    Remove and discard the neck, giblets, and any excess fat from the chicken. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Lightly spray or brush all over with the vegetable oil and season, inside and out, with the rub.

    Open the beer can and pour off half of the beer. Set the half-full can on a flat surface and slide the chicken over the top so the can fits inside the cavity. Transfer the bird to the grill, keeping the can upright. Carefully balance the bird on its two legs and the can. Grill over Indirect Medium heat until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 170F in the breast and 180F in the thickest part of the thigh, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Wearing barbecue mitts, carefully remove the chicken and the can from the grill, being careful not to spill the beer it will be hot. Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before lifting it from the can. Discard the beer. Cut the chicken into serving pieces. Serve warm.

    Makes 4 to 6 servings.

    From: http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/poultry/bbq_beer_can_chicken_barbecue_recipe.htm
    =====

    My daughter has something similar to this, which came w/ recipes for using liquids other than beer...



    The special patented vented steaming cone continuously pushes steam into your meat, infusing it with flavors and moisture from the inside-out resulting in delicious, crispy skin and super juicy, flavorful meat!

    Add wine, juice, liquids, sauces, herbs and spices to the vented steaming container. Locks in moisture and infuses the flavors right into the meat with this Beer Can Chicken Roaster.

    From: http://www.touchoforanges.com/perchefverst.html?source=GOOG&keyword=beer+can+chicken+pan
    =====

    Hope this helps. Good luck!
    Judy-Jude
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:22 am
    Food.com Groupie


    Thank you so much for your help. I have copied the Tortured Chicken recipe out. icon_biggrin.gif
    Judy-Jude
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:26 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Impera_Magna wrote:
    Beer in the Butt Chicken

    1 whole chicken
    1 can of beer
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
    3 cloves garlic minced

    Preheat smoker. Wash and trim chicken. While the smoker heats up, open the beer and drink half and only half. With a can opener, cut the top of the beer can off. Add onion, vinegar and garlic to beer. When the smoker is read place the beer in the middle of the rack.

    Carefully place the chicken over the beer standing up. You might need to get a little creative to make it stand up properly. Make sure the beer can is completely covered by the chicken. Smoke for about 4 hours or until the skin is a dark tan, the meat is pink and juices run clear.

    From: http://bbq.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/bl80418b.htm
    =====

    Beer Can Chicken BBQ Recipe



    For the rub:
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon granulated onion
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 whole chicken, 4 to 5 pounds
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1 can (16 ounces) beer (tall boy)

    In a small bowl combine the rub ingredients.

    Remove and discard the neck, giblets, and any excess fat from the chicken. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Lightly spray or brush all over with the vegetable oil and season, inside and out, with the rub.

    Open the beer can and pour off half of the beer. Set the half-full can on a flat surface and slide the chicken over the top so the can fits inside the cavity. Transfer the bird to the grill, keeping the can upright. Carefully balance the bird on its two legs and the can. Grill over Indirect Medium heat until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 170F in the breast and 180F in the thickest part of the thigh, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Wearing barbecue mitts, carefully remove the chicken and the can from the grill, being careful not to spill the beer it will be hot. Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before lifting it from the can. Discard the beer. Cut the chicken into serving pieces. Serve warm.

    Makes 4 to 6 servings.

    From: http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/poultry/bbq_beer_can_chicken_barbecue_recipe.htm
    =====

    My daughter has something similar to this, which came w/ recipes for using liquids other than beer...



    The special patented vented steaming cone continuously pushes steam into your meat, infusing it with flavors and moisture from the inside-out resulting in delicious, crispy skin and super juicy, flavorful meat!

    Add wine, juice, liquids, sauces, herbs and spices to the vented steaming container. Locks in moisture and infuses the flavors right into the meat with this Beer Can Chicken Roaster.

    From: http://www.touchoforanges.com/perchefverst.html?source=GOOG&keyword=beer+can+chicken+pan
    =====

    Hope this helps. Good luck!



    Thank you so much........ icon_biggrin.gif
    Amberngriffinco
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:47 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I have used white wine in the can; I HEAR apple juice is good, but I bet whiskey would be good too!

    amber
    CO
    Zurie
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:33 pm
    Forum Host
    icon_lol.gif This is the most original recipe I've seen in ages!!! I love the picture of all those chickens sitting on beer cans! We must try this on th Weber soon, pity it's a bit wintry here now!

    What about using the discarded half of the beer as a marinade, or is that unnecessary?
    Impera_Magna
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:36 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Chef Zee wrote:
    icon_lol.gif This is the most original recipe I've seen in ages!!! I love the picture of all those chickens sitting on beer cans! We must try this on th Weber soon, pity it's a bit wintry here now!

    What about using the discarded half of the beer as a marinade, or is that unnecessary?


    I think you're supposed to drink half of the beer first... then use the rest for the recipe along w/ the can.

    icon_biggrin.gif
    Wildflour
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:50 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Never made this before because I always end up drinking all the beer!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
    Wondering though, on a more serious note, if a lemon-lime soda would work well? Using a lemon-pepper rub?
    Heard the beer can chicken is wonderful, I will TRY to make this soon....better stock up on beer... icon_lol.gif
    Zurie
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:35 pm
    Forum Host
    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_biggrin.gif
    Bev
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:36 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Impera_Magna
    Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:55 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    peacefulnightdove wrote:
    Never made this before because I always end up drinking all the beer!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
    Wondering though, on a more serious note, if a lemon-lime soda would work well? Using a lemon-pepper rub?
    Heard the beer can chicken is wonderful, I will TRY to make this soon....better stock up on beer... icon_lol.gif


    I think the principle of "beer can chicken" is to have internal moist heat... so any liquid in a can would do, depending on your preferences. Don't see why Sprite or Coke or root beer wouldn't work as well.... or water or wine w/ herbs... Let your imagination be your guide.
    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites