Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Breads & Baking / Recipe Promo: Cakes
    Lost? Site Map

    Recipe Promo: Cakes

    ~*Sarah*~
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    While home I managed to get into a Bed, Bath and Beyond and picked up a pair of red silicone cake pans from Kitchenaid.
    *happy dances*

    So- anyone with tips for using the silicone pans or with a cake recipe for me to try with them, please, fire away.
    Chocolate, yellow, white, and spice cake type recipes are easiest to make (hey, I just got home from LA, so haven't restocked on things like buttermilk, etc).
    TIA icon_wink.gif
    PanNan
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:13 am
    Food.com Groupie
    This cake is delicious and can be made from ingredients you likely have in your pantry - the icing might require a trip to the store, though, for the cream and sour cream - it's worth it, though. On the other hand, you could always use a different frosting recipe if you don't have the dairy products.

    Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Glossy Chocolate Icing
    GothicGranola
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    My adoptee Hot Milk Sponge Cake is a light sponge cake that has gotten great reviews. I'm sure it can be paired with all sorts of fruit and chocolatey toppings. ^-~
    TGirl,RN
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:00 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Eggless, Milkless, Butterless Spice Cake #77442 --this is FABULOUS....top with homemade cinnamon frosting or a dollop of whipped cream...this really is great!!!! By far, the best spice cake I've eaten, and definitely the easiest to make!!!
    Hope you enjoy it!
    Teresa
    Starlita
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:10 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I'm making Best Ever Easy Ginger Cake by Kookaburra today!
    I just LOVE my new oven. lol icon_biggrin.gif
    WaterMelon
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:31 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Rich Chocolate Cake recipe #88329 - one of my fav choc cakes
    chef FIFI
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:33 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Sarahcw80
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    TragicHitori wrote:
    My adoptee Hot Milk Sponge Cake is a light sponge cake that has gotten great reviews. I'm sure it can be paired with all sorts of fruit and chocolatey toppings. ^-~

    I highly reccomend this one, great cake! icon_smile.gif
    GothicGranola
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Sarahcw80 wrote:
    TragicHitori wrote:
    My adoptee Hot Milk Sponge Cake is a light sponge cake that has gotten great reviews. I'm sure it can be paired with all sorts of fruit and chocolatey toppings. ^-~

    I highly reccomend this one, great cake! icon_smile.gif


    I actually haven't tried this yet myself.. icon_redface.gif But I now think I will definitely have to! ^-~
    flower7
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:50 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I made Tres Leches a few weeks ago for a party and couldn't stop eating the leftovers. Soo good!
    ladypit
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:16 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    TragicHitori wrote:
    Sarahcw80 wrote:
    TragicHitori wrote:
    My adoptee Hot Milk Sponge Cake is a light sponge cake that has gotten great reviews. I'm sure it can be paired with all sorts of fruit and chocolatey toppings. ^-~

    I highly reccomend this one, great cake! icon_smile.gif


    I actually haven't tried this yet myself.. icon_redface.gif But I now think I will definitely have to! ^-~


    It's one I highly recommend as well. Yummy and easy!
    ladypit
    Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:17 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Oh and this is an easy nice snack cake Sweet Lowfat Cornmeal Cake #95221
    E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites