Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Breads & Baking / Bread Making Class
    Lost? Site Map

    Bread Making Class

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next Page >>
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:09 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    kimbearly wrote:
    mean, did you bake- icon_biggrin.gif along?!?!


    No, I made some last week
    Donna M.
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:11 pm
    Forum Host
    Gina*S wrote:
    Donna, Ducky, Betsy,
    How is it going??


    Sorry, bread was done awhile ago but I had to make a quick run to the PO to mail my house payment and car insurance before the last pick-up today (due the 1st).

    Bread looks great! I haven't sliced into it yet. I did take time to snap pics before I left. Will get them uploaded later tonite. I don't enjoy uploading because my PC only has rear ports and it is really inconvenient to access them.
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:11 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    justcallmejulie wrote:
    Wow that photo came out kinda big...! sorry! icon_redface.gif


    Big ass rolls. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

    They look great.
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:27 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Ducky where are you. Do we have a loaf or not?
    justcallmejulie
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:27 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    We are now eating it toasted! It would be fabulous in a grilled cheese sandwich!
    Grilled Cheddar and Apple Butter Sandwich #111205
    or what about grilled gruyere and leeks with some dijon mustard? I had that at a restaurant yesterday - this bread would be great in that combo!
    YIKES! icon_eek.gif


    Last edited by justcallmejulie on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:28 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Donna M. wrote:
    Gina*S wrote:
    Donna, Ducky, Betsy,
    How is it going??


    Sorry, bread was done awhile ago but I had to make a quick run to the PO to mail my house payment and car insurance before the last pick-up today (due the 1st).

    Bread looks great! I haven't sliced into it yet. I did take time to snap pics before I left. Will get them uploaded later tonite. I don't enjoy uploading because my PC only has rear ports and it is really inconvenient to access them.


    Donna, thanks for playing along with my class.
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    justcallmejulie wrote:
    We are now eating it toasted! It would be fabulous in a grilled cheese sandwich!
    grilled apple butter and cheddar sandwich
    or what about grilled gruyere and leeks with some dijon mustard? I had that at a restaurant yesterday - this bread would be great in that combo!
    YIKES! icon_eek.gif


    Glad it turned out well. I made grilled cheese last night,Grilled Cheese, Diner Style and the Mayo worked so great (I will never use butter again). I put cooked bacon and chopped green olives on mine - fabulous.


    Last edited by MEAN CHEF on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
    Gina*S
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:33 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Oh you guys, I'm drooling!! Bacon, cheese, dijon, grilled with mayo.... drool.gif
    Ducky
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:37 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    So how long do I have to wait before slicing into this baby? My stomach is growling.
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:38 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Ducky wrote:
    So how long do I have to wait before slicing into this baby? My stomach is growling.


    You should wait until it is cool. How did it turn out?
    Ducky
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:39 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    MEAN CHEF wrote:
    Ducky wrote:
    So how long do I have to wait before slicing into this baby? My stomach is growling.


    You should wait until it is cool. How did it turn out?

    Cool is relative. It is only slightly warm to the touch.

    They look like loaves of bread. One is slightly bigger and loafier-looking than the other. I want to slice into it to see if it is any good.
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:41 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Ducky wrote:
    MEAN CHEF wrote:
    Ducky wrote:
    So how long do I have to wait before slicing into this baby? My stomach is growling.


    You should wait until it is cool. How did it turn out?

    Cool is relative. It is only slightly warm to the touch.

    They look like loaves of bread. One is slightly bigger and loafier-looking than the other. I want to slice into it to see if it is any good.


    Ok go ahead if you can't wait. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
    Ducky
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:45 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    DH and I like it. The crust is nice and crisp and the inside is chewy and dense, but not in a bad way. I can see where this is going to be great toasted or in a grilled cheese sandwich.

    Thanks Mean and everyone else for your encouragement and help along the way. I wasn't sure I would actually get a loaf of bread made.
    MEAN CHEF
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Ducky wrote:
    DH and I like it. The crust is nice and crisp and the inside is chewy and dense, but not in a bad way. I can see where this is going to be great toasted or in a grilled cheese sandwich.

    Thanks Mean and everyone else for your encouragement and help along the way. I wasn't sure I would actually get a loaf of bread made.


    Good for you Ducky.
    Ducky
    Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:53 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    MEAN CHEF wrote:
    Ducky wrote:
    DH and I like it. The crust is nice and crisp and the inside is chewy and dense, but not in a bad way. I can see where this is going to be great toasted or in a grilled cheese sandwich.

    Thanks Mean and everyone else for your encouragement and help along the way. I wasn't sure I would actually get a loaf of bread made.


    Good for you Ducky.

    And thanks for the extra dose of patience for my incessant questions and lack of patience.

    So, what recipe should I "attempt" next?
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites