Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Diabetic Cooking / Party Food for the Diabetic (for the Holidays)
    Lost? Site Map

    Party Food for the Diabetic (for the Holidays)

    Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Page >>
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    As the traditional, and not so traditional Holiday season looms upon us...we want to send some party ideas out there for the healthy diabetic. Not to fear, we, as a community around food.com have a huge amount of easy, delicious, recipes that can be made for anyone to enjoy! Come join us in the Diabetic Forum this holiday season!

    Tag any diabetic desserts, appetizer, treats, food-gift, cookies, dips, crackers, breads, holiday-bites, just about anything! Here are a few suggestions!



    Instant Fruit Ice Cream by Sage



    Red Pepper Dip by Miller



    Carrabba's Bread Dipping Spice by Barb Gertz



    Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa Mix (With Splenda) by Ravedeb



    Peanut Butter Banana Bars (Healthy) by msm michigan

    Here are some really awesome lower/carb - low carb recipes that you will surely love! Why not try one!?

    Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
    Simple Sliced Tomato-And-Cheese Side Dish
    Omelet Pizza
    Fried Ricotta Patties With Tomato Salad

    Who Can Play?

    Anyone can play.

    What recipes can be tagged for this game?

    Any recipe that has been posted s eligible for tagging. The recipes you tag do not have to be in the specific category for "Diabetic" nor do they have to have "lower in sugar, starches...etc". We have learned to be a creative bunch and this month we will be tagging and making over our fall favorites.

    How to Play:

    1) Choose ANY recipe that has been posted to the website.

    2) Post a reply to this thread stating which recipe you are preparing, and include the recipe name, recipe number, posting chefs name.
    i.e. = Andi icon_arrow.gif Paula's Recipe xxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx

    3) Make the recipe within the month time period, but we will keep the thread open a couple of days beyond the end of the month in case you want to finish a last minute recipe up.

    4) Post your review to the recipe page, and picture if you have taken one.

    5) Report back to this thread that you have made and reviewed the recipe you tagged, including the recipe name, recipe number, posting chefs name. Post the photo too, as we love seeing your photos and this just makes adds to the fun.
    i.e. = Andi has completed: Paula's Recipe xxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx


    Please come and join the fun while we learn to be healthy together!


    Last edited by Andi of Longmeadow Farm on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 5 times in total
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    Our Holiday Tags!!

    Andi
    Italian Dipping Oil (for Bread), #111113 by Kim. D
    Cheddar Stuffed Celery, #145366 by Bergy
    Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia, #434708 by Diana in Nebraska
    Shrimp Egg Foo Yong (Low Carb and Low Fat) by Alan Leonetti



    Mia



    Paula -
    Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip by JoyfulC


    Last edited by Andi of Longmeadow Farm on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Happy HOLIDAYS!!!

    Come play with us, we're a cookin' bunch and fun as heck....choose a recipe and tell us what you picked!




    Hugs from Paula, Mia, and me too!
    PaulaG
    Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 pm
    Forum Host
    Happy holidays all! I made a very delicious dip the other day.

    Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip by JoyfulCook



    I used Neufchatel Cream Cheese and a can of Alaskan Wild Red Salmon. Served it with nut chips, lentil crackers and crisp apple slices. A wonderful dip or spread for any part season.
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Well, here I am! I went to a gathering last nite and made some lovely, easy, diabetic friendly treats/appies! People goobled them up and didn't even know they were diabetic friendly!


    Italian Dipping Oil (for Bread), #111113 by Kim. D *used Kashi TLC Original 7 Grain Crackers
    Cheddar Stuffed Celery, #145366 by Bergy *used Belle Chevre's Pimento Cheese
    Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia, #434708 by Diana in Nebraska *used large sliced (thick) cucumbers.
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    PaulaG wrote:
    Happy holidays all! I made a very delicious dip the other day.

    Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip by JoyfulCook



    I used Neufchatel Cream Cheese and a can of Alaskan Wild Red Salmon. Served it with nut chips, lentil crackers and crisp apple slices. A wonderful dip or spread for any part season.


    Oh my gosh, Paula! That is so purrrrttttttyyyyy! I must make this myself, (I will ALSO have to hide it from me too!!) rotfl.gif
    PaulaG
    Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 am
    Forum Host
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm wrote:
    Well, here I am! I went to a gathering last nite and made some lovely, easy, diabetic friendly treats/appies! People goobled them up and didn't even know they were diabetic friendly!


    Italian Dipping Oil (for Bread), #111113 by Kim. D *used Kashi TLC Original 7 Grain Crackers
    Cheddar Stuffed Celery, #145366 by Bergy *used Belle Chevre's Pimento Cheese
    Sugar Free Jalapeno Jelly With Truvia, #434708 by Diana in Nebraska *used large sliced (thick) cucumbers.


    Those sound so yummy.gif
    PaulaG
    Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 am
    Forum Host
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm wrote:
    PaulaG wrote:
    Happy holidays all! I made a very delicious dip the other day.

    Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip by JoyfulCook



    I used Neufchatel Cream Cheese and a can of Alaskan Wild Red Salmon. Served it with nut chips, lentil crackers and crisp apple slices. A wonderful dip or spread for any part season.


    Oh my gosh, Paula! That is so purrrrttttttyyyyy! I must make this myself, (I will ALSO have to hide it from me too!!) rotfl.gif


    Thank you Ms. Andi. I might add it is also delicious spread on a slice of toast for breakfast.
    PaulaG
    Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am
    Forum Host
    Ngood mornin. Wanted to let you all know that I will be in Destin, FL for a few days. I'll try to check in daily but fun in the sun is calling. icon_smile.gif
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Fun in the sun sounds great, Paula! Have fun! icon_cool.gif
    Zurie
    Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 pm
    Forum Host
    I can't tag, as we're going away on holiday, but I wondered if I may add a few easy low-carb recipes?? As Paula knows, I go the low-carb route, but not to excess. So if these do not fit in with the thread, please delete!!

    Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
    Simple Sliced Tomato-And-Cheese Side Dish
    Omelet Pizza
    Fried Ricotta Patties With Tomato Salad

    All are very low-carb, and can fit in with most meals. People differ -- what you eat as a diabetic depends on your metabolic type and the meds you are using. Personally, a low-carb diet high in protein, and with lots of veggies works well for me. icon_biggrin.gif

    I have many more low-carb recipes, but it's late here and I'm getting sleepy! icon_wink.gif
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Zurie wrote:
    I can't tag, as we're going away on holiday, but I wondered if I may add a few easy low-carb recipes?? As Paula knows, I go the low-carb route, but not to excess. So if these do not fit in with the thread, please delete!!

    Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
    Simple Sliced Tomato-And-Cheese Side Dish
    Omelet Pizza
    Fried Ricotta Patties With Tomato Salad

    All are very low-carb, and can fit in with most meals. People differ -- what you eat as a diabetic depends on your metabolic type and the meds you are using. Personally, a low-carb diet high in protein, and with lots of veggies works well for me. icon_biggrin.gif

    I have many more low-carb recipes, but it's late here and I'm getting sleepy! icon_wink.gif


    Oh boy, Zuri! These are terrific! And people do follow low/carb, or lower carbs as way to reduce carb intake! These are wonderful, and will try these too! Thanks for the post! Have a good sleep! icon_smile.gif
    PaulaG
    Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:43 pm
    Forum Host
    Zurie wrote:
    I can't tag, as we're going away on holiday, but I wondered if I may add a few easy low-carb recipes?? As Paula knows, I go the low-carb route, but not to excess. So if these do not fit in with the thread, please delete!!

    Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
    Simple Sliced Tomato-And-Cheese Side Dish
    Omelet Pizza
    Fried Ricotta Patties With Tomato Salad

    All are very low-carb, and can fit in with most meals. People differ -- what you eat as a diabetic depends on your metabolic type and the meds you are using. Personally, a low-carb diet high in protein, and with lots of veggies works well for me. icon_biggrin.gif

    I have many more low-carb recipes, but it's late here and I'm getting sleepy! icon_wink.gif


    Zurie, thank you for popping in and thank you for your suggestions. Should you want to make a recipe or 2 we would love to have you join the fun.
    Andi of Longmeadow Farm
    Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I've been cooking away!...and I hope you all have too! I will post my reviews in a bit, and hope to see you all here soon!
    PaulaG
    Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 pm
    Forum Host
    Hi Andi. I find myself at the kids again. I made a wonderful pot of chili tonight. No photos but I will review in and post the info. It was delicious.
    Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites