Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Recipe Requests - General / chocolate splodge
    Lost? Site Map

    chocolate splodge

    Fenchurch
    Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:36 am
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    I am looking for an English recipe for chocolate splodge. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.
    Molly53
    Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:16 am
    Forum Host
    Fenchurch wrote:
    I am looking for an English recipe for chocolate splodge. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.
    Brits use "splodge" like Americans use the term "dash"...what is it you're looking for exactly?
    Fenchurch
    Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:17 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Thanks Molly,

    My understanding is that it is a dessert with a pastry base/sides and chocolate filling. The dessert is baked, set further in the fridge and served cold. The chocolate filling is suppose to be like a mousse.
    This is all I know about the recipe so any suggestions to how it is made would be appreciated.
    Molly53
    Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:33 pm
    Forum Host
    Fenchurch wrote:
    Thanks Molly,

    My understanding is that it is a dessert with a pastry base/sides and chocolate filling. The dessert is baked, set further in the fridge and served cold. The chocolate filling is suppose to be like a mousse.
    This is all I know about the recipe so any suggestions to how it is made would be appreciated.
    Welcome to 'zaar, Fen....this is a question for MeanChef, methinks. Have you looked at the various chocolate mousse pie recipes on this site?
    hedder
    Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:00 am
    Regular "Line Cook" Poster
    Gary Rhodes who is a british cook, has some recipes in his cookbook " the complete rhodes around britain book" 1st is chocolate terrine, which is a terrine mold linde with a chocolate sponge, filled with chocolate mousse. 2nd is chocolate flan, which uses a sweet shortcrust pastry, then has a mousse type filling.. I'm from England and I've never heard of a chocolate splodge.... Hope this helps.. I'll keep looking for you ....
    Fenchurch
    Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:14 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Thank you hedder,

    My boyfriend is English and swears that Chocolate splodge is the real thing. I will attempt to find the recipe for the chocolate flan as it sounds very similar.

    Cheers
    Molly53
    Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:07 pm
    Forum Host
    hedder wrote:
    Gary Rhodes who is a british cook, has some recipes in his cookbook " the complete rhodes around britain book" 1st is chocolate terrine, which is a terrine mold linde with a chocolate sponge, filled with chocolate mousse. 2nd is chocolate flan, which uses a sweet shortcrust pastry, then has a mousse type filling.. I'm from England and I've never heard of a chocolate splodge.... Hope this helps.. I'll keep looking for you ....
    If that's it...type "chocolate flan" in on the searchline. There are four recipes that may apply.
    Quokkagirl
    Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:54 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Fenchurch wrote:
    Thank you hedder,

    My boyfriend is English and swears that Chocolate splodge is the real thing. I will attempt to find the recipe for the chocolate flan as it sounds very similar.

    Cheers


    Could be a local name... perhaps only from his part of England?

    I love a mystery.
    ann teapot
    Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Dear Fenchurch, I have a feeling that he maybe taking the "michael". All I know of the word splodge is a mess like a dollop, say of mashed potatoes that you have just made a mess of on the plate or a splodge of paint that is a blob on a sheet of paper. It could be a real recipe, don't take me 100%..only another English person's view. If you find it let me know. He is not critising your cooking in any way?? icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif
    Mysterygirl
    Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:11 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Fenchurch wrote:
    I am looking for an English recipe for chocolate splodge. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.


    I'm wondering if this could be one of those cases where the name of the dish was mangled by a child and the family just all called it that because they thought it was cute? Could it be something like this?

    Chocolate Sponge recipe #17185 by Evie*
    ann teapot
    Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:35 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Not sure Mystery, there is a word splodge, its in the dictionary, but as said it means a mess, so there lies the problem!!
    Quokkagirl
    Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:09 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    How about these 2 recipes?
    Chocolate Mud Mess and Crockpot Triple Chocolate Mess

    Maybe they could do the trick?
    alison o
    Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 am
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    chocolate splodge also known as chocolate toothpaste i have made 6 of these in the last couple of weeks (also tried it with bicuit crumb base which works well) http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25995/chocolate-toothpaste.aspx
    1Steve
    Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:26 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites