Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Vegetarian / Vegan / Veggie Swap #51 ~ October 2012 ~ Official Swap Thread
    Lost? Site Map

    Veggie Swap #51 ~ October 2012 ~ Official Swap Thread

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
    Elmotoo
    Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm
    Forum Host
    Acadia* wrote:
    Hurricane Sandy wasn't as bad as predicted in our area, however the Jersey shore has been ravaged. We live on a hill with a normally dry basin behind our property, and there is currently about 6' of water in it by a football field's width and length. Pretty impressive amount of water.
    We have been glued to the TV all day watching the storm coverage. We are now experiencing the back end of Sandy and we are in a high wind warning.

    I hope Bethie is fairing okay. I saw photos of NYC that were black from power outages. Stay safe Bethie! xoxoxo

    I'm ok! Glad you're ok, too! I'm in the middle of the island so no water & we were lucky with trees. BUT so many friends & neighbors in other parts of Staten Island lost a lot if not everything. A friend rescued her parents with a canoe! their house is gone. and then there's manhattan....i feel guilty being so exhausted from worry. we only lost power for a bit over 1 day but cell service is still sketchy. and there is no gas. many stations closed with police there to keep control. IF there is a station with gas, the lines are nearly a mile long. I don't have enough gas to go looking or waiting to refill the tank. Most stores are closed, schools closed for the week. we did get mail today! only 2 days without! and UPS! this was a crazy storm. enough babbling. lets cook....

    xoxoxo everyone.
    Beth
    magpie diner
    Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    My completions for October! Candy/chocolate whirlwind yesterday, making these soups made me feel less guilty about indulging!!

    MER'd Sophie's:
    icon_smile.gif Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup With Curried Apples 489300
    icon_smile.gif Carrot and Squash Curry Soup 447172
    Starrynews
    Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    A few days late, but I finally got my hands on a butternut squash, so have made and enjoyed Loula's Baked Butternut Falafels With Cucumber Yogurt Dip #465718

    Acadia*
    Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I made and reviewed Howdy, Pardner! Tortillas Chips (Baked), #455949 by Cookgirl

    Lalaloula
    Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:11 am
    Forum Host
    Acadia* wrote:
    Wow, I have been totally remiss this month...But the month isn't over yet icon_eek.gif

    I'm sorry to say that in the beginning of the month Acadia our golden retriever was diagnosed with bone cancer of the shoulder, and from then to now its been a roller coaster ride mostly in the down hill.

    On Tuesday night we had Acadia euthanized. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif She was in so much pain and the cancer had eaten her shoulder bone and muscle away.
    Now she is once again running and chasing rabbits...



    I am so sorry I missed this! What a tragedy, I really feel for you. icon_sad.gif Big hugs! grouphug.gif

    Loula
    Lalaloula
    Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:14 am
    Forum Host
    Cookgirl wrote:
    Last tag of the month and it was a winner! Ding, ding, ding!!!!


    Almond Butter Cups by Lalaloula has been reviewed and enjoyed!


    PS I won't be posting this picture (don't like it).




    CG, I must apologise to you for not saying a BIG THANK YOU way earlier for making my recipes and making them look this good, too. If not deleted yet, I would love for you to post this pic to my recipe. I think the cups look awesome and though you might not like this pic, I love it. Pretty, please? icon_wink.gif

    Loula
    Lalaloula
    Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:16 am
    Forum Host
    Starrynews wrote:
    A few days late, but I finally got my hands on a butternut squash, so have made and enjoyed Loula's Baked Butternut Falafels With Cucumber Yogurt Dip #465718



    THANK YOU SO MUCH for making my recipe. Im glad they worked out well for you and were enjoyed! They look a tad wetter than mine did, maybe that is due to different moisture contents in the different squashes...
    Great pic, Im thrilled to have it posted to the recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

    Loula
    Lalaloula
    Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 am
    Forum Host
    Good Morning ladies! icon_biggrin.gif

    Sorry for not being around earlier. Thank you Kat for updating to here and keeping everything straight. I am so looking forward to exam prep being finally over and me being able to return to a normal social life.
    Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you to all for making this event so fun, colourful, appetising and just great! I love all your pics and hearing from you. icon_biggrin.gif

    Bethie and Acadia, Im so glad youre safe! grouphug.gif It sure is frightening what nature can be like...!

    November's thread is up and running, so even if you havent signed up and would like to, just come on over: http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=5791464#5791464.

    Have a great day!

    Loula
    Starrynews
    Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Lalaloula wrote:
    Starrynews wrote:
    A few days late, but I finally got my hands on a butternut squash, so have made and enjoyed Loula's Baked Butternut Falafels With Cucumber Yogurt Dip #465718



    THANK YOU SO MUCH for making my recipe. Im glad they worked out well for you and were enjoyed! They look a tad wetter than mine did, maybe that is due to different moisture contents in the different squashes...
    Great pic, Im thrilled to have it posted to the recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

    Loula


    Aha, I was wondering about the moisture! They were a bit "gooey" when I was patting them together, but I wasn't sure what to think since this was actually my first time cooking with butternut squash (I've eaten before, just not cooked with it). Mine must have been a juicy one then icon_smile.gif
    Katzen
    Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:38 pm
    Forum Host
    Starrynews wrote:
    Lalaloula wrote:
    Starrynews wrote:
    A few days late, but I finally got my hands on a butternut squash, so have made and enjoyed Loula's Baked Butternut Falafels With Cucumber Yogurt Dip #465718



    THANK YOU SO MUCH for making my recipe. Im glad they worked out well for you and were enjoyed! They look a tad wetter than mine did, maybe that is due to different moisture contents in the different squashes...
    Great pic, Im thrilled to have it posted to the recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

    Loula


    Aha, I was wondering about the moisture! They were a bit "gooey" when I was patting them together, but I wasn't sure what to think since this was actually my first time cooking with butternut squash (I've eaten before, just not cooked with it). Mine must have been a juicy one then icon_smile.gif


    OMG those falafels look SOOO good!!! I just picked up a big and beautiful butternut squash last week, as well as the most pretty pumpkin I've seen. Next duty is to bake and ziploc and freeze 'em up - but I sure am going to keep some aside for this recipe! I saw white pumpkins at the store for the first time, but didn't pick one up, thought I'd look into it first. I can't remember what site I read it on, but I heard they're watery and not very pumpkin-y. Anyone else try them?

    Kat
    Starrynews
    Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Kat, you should definitely try the falafels! They are very good. DH gave them a big thumbs up!
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites