Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    Lost? Site Map

    Cupcakes

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3
    Bonnie G #2
    Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:13 am
    Food.com Groupie
    **Tinkerbell** wrote:
    Yeah, smoked tomatoes! I didn't mean to hijack this thread. I'm going to be writing up my experience with the smoker and posting the recipes I or me and my mom created using them.
    Soon.... I promise. LOL
    I've got quite a list of stuff I want to get done since school started up again. You'd think I have more time now, but, no. Slowly making progress though. icon_biggrin.gif


    Can't wait to see that one, make sure I know when it's posted - "Pretty Please" today we're off to visit a rum distillary in the hills here and then off to the store to AGAIN search out Crisco or the like.
    **Tinkerbell**
    Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:04 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Bonnie G #2 wrote:

    Can't wait to see that one, make sure I know when it's posted - "Pretty Please" today we're off to visit a rum distillary in the hills here and then off to the store to AGAIN search out Crisco or the like.


    A rum distillery... How cool is that?! I am green with envy! icon_biggrin.gif
    Can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck with the Crisco, and my offer still stands if you can't find it local.
    I'll definitely make sure you know when the recipe has posted. icon_smile.gif
    Bonnie G #2
    Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:14 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Just got home and it was so much fun and then went through the shop with great prices. So much history with war, pirates and the British Empire. They are the makers of bitters too and I didn't know that. Picked some of that up with the rum and it came with a cookbook - woo hoo; can't wait to see what I find in that.

    I'll come back and post photos later once I get them downloaded. Found a gourmet store on the way home and managed to find "all-purpose flour" for $9 for a small bag, can you believe that!!! Still no crisco, looking, but did find cans of Ghee - do you think that would work?
    Sage
    Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:41 pm
    Forum Host
    Bonnie G #2 wrote:
    Just got home and it was so much fun and then went through the shop with great prices. So much history with war, pirates and the British Empire. They are the makers of bitters too and I didn't know that. Picked some of that up with the rum and it came with a cookbook - woo hoo; can't wait to see what I find in that.

    I'll come back and post photos later once I get them downloaded. Found a gourmet store on the way home and managed to find "all-purpose flour" for $9 for a small bag, can you believe that!!! Still no crisco, looking, but did find cans of Ghee - do you think that would work?


    Ghee is clarified butter; not sure if it would work.
    What are you needing Crisco for?
    I visited a rum distillery once in Martinique; fantastic the stories they tell us. 9 dollars for flour is quite a bit; there must be some thing else that they use. You have to come to our Caribbean forum; I spoke about you, not mentioning your name of course; would love your visit,
    Tink won't be mad at me if i invite you; her and I go back a long way and she's a sweetheart, Right?
    wave.gif
    Bonnie G #2
    Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:18 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Sage wrote:
    Bonnie G #2 wrote:
    Just got home and it was so much fun and then went through the shop with great prices. So much history with war, pirates and the British Empire. They are the makers of bitters too and I didn't know that. Picked some of that up with the rum and it came with a cookbook - woo hoo; can't wait to see what I find in that.

    I'll come back and post photos later once I get them downloaded. Found a gourmet store on the way home and managed to find "all-purpose flour" for $9 for a small bag, can you believe that!!! Still no crisco, looking, but did find cans of Ghee - do you think that would work?


    Ghee is clarified butter; not sure if it would work.
    What are you needing Crisco for?
    I visited a rum distillery once in Martinique; fantastic the stories they tell us. 9 dollars for flour is quite a bit; there must be some thing else that they use. You have to come to our Caribbean forum; I spoke about you, not mentioning your name of course; would love your visit,
    Tink won't be mad at me if i invite you; her and I go back a long way and she's a sweetheart, Right?
    wave.gif


    I'd love to come I've been to a few of the sights looking around - which one to you mean??? And I'd love for you to mention my name.

    I want the Crisco for baking, some of the recipes call for it, not all but I'm thinking mostly of buttercream frosting to practice or try to learn to decorate cupcakes.
    Sage
    Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 am
    Forum Host
    Bonnie G #2 wrote:
    Sage wrote:
    Bonnie G #2 wrote:
    Just got home and it was so much fun and then went through the shop with great prices. So much history with war, pirates and the British Empire. They are the makers of bitters too and I didn't know that. Picked some of that up with the rum and it came with a cookbook - woo hoo; can't wait to see what I find in that.

    I'll come back and post photos later once I get them downloaded. Found a gourmet store on the way home and managed to find "all-purpose flour" for $9 for a small bag, can you believe that!!! Still no crisco, looking, but did find cans of Ghee - do you think that would work?


    Ghee is clarified butter; not sure if it would work.
    What are you needing Crisco for?
    I visited a rum distillery once in Martinique; fantastic the stories they tell us. 9 dollars for flour is quite a bit; there must be some thing else that they use. You have to come to our Caribbean forum; I spoke about you, not mentioning your name of course; would love your visit,
    Tink won't be mad at me if i invite you; her and I go back a long way and she's a sweetheart, Right?
    wave.gif


    I'd love to come I've been to a few of the sights looking around - which one to you mean??? And I'd love for you to mention my name.

    I want the Crisco for baking, some of the recipes call for it, not all but I'm thinking mostly of buttercream frosting to practice or try to learn to decorate cupcakes.


    Good morning Bonnie. I sent you a Zmail; sometimes it woks sometimes it doesn't; let me know if you got it.
    Bonnie G #2
    Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:14 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Got it Sage, thanks
    **Tinkerbell**
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I can't wait to see pics of your distillery tour!
    I just LOVE history and that sounds right up my alley.... or gang plank, whatever. icon_wink.gif

    I think the Caribbean forum would be a handy place for you to check out, Bon-Bon! I will totally share you with Sage. And she'll take real good care of you over there. icon_biggrin.gif

    As she mentioned, ghee is similar to clarified butter. They start out with the same process, but when clarified butter is done, ghee keeps on cooking to remove all of the solids and moisture in the butter. It's makes a flavorful sub for butter, olive or vegetable oils.
    Unfortunately, it's not going to work for cake decorating. *sigh*
    Bonnie G #2
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Well then, thought I'd figured it out - guess the search continues. icon_sad.gif
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites