Everything you need to conquer life in the kitchen.
Say good riddance to Old Man Winter with these seasonal picks.
As a member, you can save and sort your favorite recipes -- for FREE!Join Food.com
Our most popular mains, sides and salads — here's what you want to eat for dinner right now.
Our home cooks have perfected top-notch remakes of your favorite restaurant dishes.
As a member, you can save and organize your favorite recipes and more.Join Food.com
We've got the cantina classics that will have your friends buzzing on May 5th.
Did you know that there's a new food holiday 365 days a year? See what today is!
ALSO NEW: Get Our New Food Holidays App!
As a member, you can save your favorite recipes, plan menus and more.Join Food.com
JoyfulCook shares more about her travels, living abroad and her favorite international cuisine.
Learn the best way to cook bacon, shred chicken and reheat pizza.
We've rounded up some of our home cooks' most entertaining kitchen mishaps.
Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.
As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.
Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.
New Contest - Chance to Win a Food-Lover's Trip to NYC!
Liza at Food.com
Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:48 pmFood.com Staff
Hey everyone – especially our French food lovers! -- we’ve got a fun new photo contest for you!
Grab your cameras, your pals, your beret, and your favorite French treats and you could have a chance to win a cool trip to NYC -- or some other cooking goodies!
SHOW US YOUR FRENCH COCKTAIL HOUR PHOTO CONTEST
Turn your next happy hour with friends and family into a French-style soiree and show the world how you celebrate l’aperitif (that’s what the French call their happy hour!).
Invite some pals over for a little bubbly or Bordeaux and put out a spread of your favorite hors d’oeuvres, cheeses and other snacks. Snap a photo that best captures the essence of your get-together – the food, the fun, the camaraderie – and enter that photo in our photo contest gallery for a chance to win. Don’t forget to add a caption to your photo that describes how you do it up French Cocktail Hour-style!
What can you win:
1) One of Two Grand Prizes: a French foodie’s dream trip to NYC (for two people!) that includes airfare, a hotel for two nights and a visit to Food Network Kitchens for French-themed culinary event
2) One of 14 Fan Favorite prizes, including great cooking goodies, like a Le Creuset French oven or a year’s worth olive oil and MORE!
How you can win:
The first thing you need to do is gather your pals and prep your best French goodies for a little party – make it as big or as little as you want!
Then, submit your photo (only 1!) to the contest HERE. Don’t forget to add a caption describing your event, French spread or more.
After that, there are two ways to win:
1) Be picked as the grand prize by a panel of judges from our French sponsors
2) Have your photo get the most community votes
(NOTE: You can’t win both the grand prize or one of our “Fan Favorite” runners-up prizes)
Our sponsor’s panel of judges is picking the Grand Prize Winners – there will be two of winners! – based on this judging criteria: “25% based on creativity; 25% based on photo quality; and 50% based on how well French and/or sponsored products are used.”
In order to be a Fan Favorite winner, your photo submission needs to get the highest amount of votes from the community. The top 14 vote-getting photos have a chance to win some of our runner-up kitchen goodies (Note: only one photo per person can qualify in the contest)! More on how the runner-up prizes will be awarded is detailed on our prize page HERE.
See the full rules HERE >>
More on the voting:
Go ahead and spread the word. Share your submissions on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, via email and more with friends and family to show them how you celebrate a French happy hour. You can vote on others’ submissions too…if you’re feeling so generous! Folks can only vote on a single submission once in a 24 hour time period for the duration of the contest, but you can vote on as many photos as you want every day.
The fine print:
• No purchases are necessary to enter or win; though you’re encouraged to feature your favorite French foods, wines and whatnot in your shot (say, some Bordeaux sitting on your tablescape might help your chances with our sponsor judges…
• Contest is only open to U.S. residents of the contiguous 48 states -- Sorry to the folks abroad and anyone who lives in Alaska or Hawaii! This was a sponsor requirement!
• Must be 21 years or older to enter.
• Only one photo per person.
• Contest photo submissions and community voting ends on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 5:00pm EST.
• Winners will be announced on our main contest page on July 31, 2012.
Any other questions? Reply in this thread and we’ll do our best to help!
We can’t wait to see the awesome photo you have to share! Good luck to everyone!
GO HERE to enter for your chance to win >>
Add this to My Favorite Topics
Alert us of inappropriate posts
Free Weekly Newsletter