Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Menu Ideas & Help / Menu for Week of May 12 thru May 18, 2012
    Lost? Site Map

    Menu for Week of May 12 thru May 18, 2012

    Charmie777
    Fri May 11, 2012 7:04 pm
    Forum Host
    Hello my best menu friends!!
    Another beautiful day sitting here making my menu and shopping list, watching my son play baseball via the internet. Sigh.
    DH still isn't working, so really working on stretching out the budget.
    Mother's Day is Sunday!!! I have no clue what we're doing; everyone has been so quiet about it!!!! But I'm not planning anything and we'll see what happens.
    We're leaving on Friday to go to San Jose, CA to watch DS play ball.

    Here's my menu. Share yours!

    Saturday - Grandson's bday, so we're going to their house for a BBQ. He asked that I bring nachos, so that's easy enough!

    Sunday - Happy Mother's Day!!!! Not cooking!!

    Monday - Tex-Mex Chili, cornbread, salad

    Tuesday - Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos - still haven't made this!!! Served with rice.

    Wednesday - Spicy Kielbasa Pasta!, with salad and bread

    Thursday - Good-Morning Pancakes with bacon and eggs.

    Friday - leaving town to San Jose!
    SarasotaCook
    Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Another WeeK!
    What happened to last week. Busy week and some things got messed up, but got most of my meals made. This week is really nuts, so I'm expecting some things not to get made ... One day at a time I guess.
    C- have fun and travel safe!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Me: Friends BBQ - I'm taking marinated antipasto skewers (tomatoes, artichokes, olives, salami and mozz); and a white bean dip w/pita chips
    ----------
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ...
    Soup Day: Lentil / Bread Day: White bread
    Also cooking 2 chickens for during the week and freezer stash
    Dinner: In honor of Mom - her favorite dish she made all the time
    A simple healthy stir fry of shrimp, spinach, zucchini and yellow squash, red and green pepper, mushrooms, white wine, broth, seasoning and fresh herbs - served over angel hair pasta; fresh strawberries
    ----------
    MON ...
    Ladies #1, #2, and Me: [url]http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sarasotas-easy-bisquick-chicken-pot-pie]Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie[/url], using the chicken from Sun; salad w/fresh tomatoes from my garden
    ----------
    TUES ...
    [url]http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/greek-spinach-and-potato-casserole]Greek Spinach and Potato Casserole[/url]; baked tilapia in a tomato olive sauce
    ----------
    WED ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Lentil soup; homemade rolls; salad (depends on what looks good at the market)
    Dinner: Leftover pot pie, salad or fruit
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Chicken from Sun, leftover; Greek spinach and potato casserole; roasted baby carrots
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Game night, don't know yet
    Dinner: Out to a local Mexican restaurant with 2 of my poker friends
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Breakfast: yogurt, cottage cheese or fruit
    Lunch: leftovers or soup if any
    And ... Don't forget to clean out your pantry, fridge and freezer!

    HAPPY COOKING EVERYONE!
    Charmie777
    Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 am
    Forum Host
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    Another WeeK!
    What happened to last week. Busy week and some things got messed up, but got most of my meals made. This week is really nuts, so I'm expecting some things not to get made ... One day at a time I guess.
    C- have fun and travel safe!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Me: Friends BBQ - I'm taking marinated antipasto skewers (tomatoes, artichokes, olives, salami and mozz); and a white bean dip w/pita chips
    ----------
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ...
    Soup Day: Lentil / Bread Day: White bread
    Also cooking 2 chickens for during the week and freezer stash
    Dinner: In honor of Mom - her favorite dish she made all the time
    A simple healthy stir fry of shrimp, spinach, zucchini and yellow squash, red and green pepper, mushrooms, white wine, broth, seasoning and fresh herbs - served over angel hair pasta; fresh strawberries
    ----------
    MON ...
    Ladies #1, #2, and Me: [url]http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sarasotas-easy-bisquick-chicken-pot-pie]Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie[/url], using the chicken from Sun; salad w/fresh tomatoes from my garden
    ----------
    TUES ...
    [url]http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/greek-spinach-and-potato-casserole]Greek Spinach and Potato Casserole[/url]; baked tilapia in a tomato olive sauce
    ----------
    WED ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Lentil soup; homemade rolls; salad (depends on what looks good at the market)
    Dinner: Leftover pot pie, salad or fruit
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Chicken from Sun, leftover; Greek spinach and potato casserole; roasted baby carrots
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Game night, don't know yet
    Dinner: Out to a local Mexican restaurant with 2 of my poker friends
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Breakfast: yogurt, cottage cheese or fruit
    Lunch: leftovers or soup if any
    And ... Don't forget to clean out your pantry, fridge and freezer!

    HAPPY COOKING EVERYONE!

    I've seen those antipasto skewers here on Food.com...they look lovely!! Someday I'm gonna make those!
    MichMom
    Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Holy cow, it can't be a new week already - can it?! icon_eek.gif It was crazy last week and should continue to be so this week. Hold on, here we go!

    Sunday: Cheese quesadillas with Southwestern Quinoa Vegetable Casserole. Yes, it's Mother's Day, and yes, I'm cooking. If I don't, it'll be breakfast (which isn't bad, but we just had it for dinner) or Hamburger Helper. I'm hoping DH & the boys will surprise me with dessert - though I'll try not to be disappointed if they don't.

    Monday: Grilled Mexican Lime Chicken - so good!! And I'm going to try No Cheese-Whiz Broccoli Rice Casserole for the first time. Sounds delicious to me, but the broccoli is sure to bring groans from the boys. Oh well.

    Tuesday: Mrs. Benjamin's Cowboy Beans and cornbread. One of my favorite camping meals. We can't be out camping yet, but this will make me feel like it! icon_biggrin.gif

    Wednesday: Leftover night or hot dogs at the track, since it's the last track meet of the season!! icon_biggrin.gif

    Thursday: Broccoli Bakers never got made last week, so we'll try again this week. Broccoli two nights in one week is likely to make the DS's shrivel up and die, but I'm willing to take the chance. icon_wink.gif

    Friday: Grilled pizza is on the menu, but I think I'm working late that night. That just means I need to get the dough done on Thursday and stow it in the fridge.

    Saturday: Never made Slow Cook Down Home Pork Chops and Gravy from last week either, so we'll give it another go. Probably mashed potatoes, a veggie and some biscuits to go with.

    Have a great week everyone!!! icon_cool.gif
    Charmie777
    Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 pm
    Forum Host
    MichMom wrote:
    Holy cow, it can't be a new week already - can it?! icon_eek.gif It was crazy last week and should continue to be so this week. Hold on, here we go!

    Sunday: Cheese quesadillas with Southwestern Quinoa Vegetable Casserole. Yes, it's Mother's Day, and yes, I'm cooking. If I don't, it'll be breakfast (which isn't bad, but we just had it for dinner) or Hamburger Helper. I'm hoping DH & the boys will surprise me with dessert - though I'll try not to be disappointed if they don't.

    Monday: Grilled Mexican Lime Chicken - so good!! And I'm going to try No Cheese-Whiz Broccoli Rice Casserole for the first time. Sounds delicious to me, but the broccoli is sure to bring groans from the boys. Oh well.

    Tuesday: Mrs. Benjamin's Cowboy Beans and cornbread. One of my favorite camping meals. We can't be out camping yet, but this will make me feel like it! icon_biggrin.gif

    Wednesday: Leftover night or hot dogs at the track, since it's the last track meet of the season!! icon_biggrin.gif

    Thursday: Broccoli Bakers never got made last week, so we'll try again this week. Broccoli two nights in one week is likely to make the DS's shrivel up and die, but I'm willing to take the chance. icon_wink.gif

    Friday: Grilled pizza is on the menu, but I think I'm working late that night. That just means I need to get the dough done on Thursday and stow it in the fridge.

    Saturday: Never made Slow Cook Down Home Pork Chops and Gravy from last week either, so we'll give it another go. Probably mashed potatoes, a veggie and some biscuits to go with.

    Have a great week everyone!!! icon_cool.gif
    MMM Cowboy Beans!!!
    Meredith C-ville
    Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Hi,

    Better late than never. We survived our chaotic week; this one should be a bit easier.

    Sat – out for our anniversary (which was actually last Wed, but we had other stuff going on; we went to a South African place and I had grilled shrimp with the perfect amount of spice...just on the edge of being almost too much, but with flavor rather than just heat)

    Sun – bbqey chicken with Arepas and green beans

    Mon – having lots of people over for a sendoff for our students who are headed back to Taiwan for part of the summer - burgers on the grill, with cheese / lettuce / tomato; others are making sides; just having ice cream and cookies for dessert

    Tue – Baja Black Beans, Corn and Rice (with leftover rice and arepas); I add tomato, avocado, olives, green chilies, and cheddar

    Wed – I think we are heading over the mountain to meet people for dinner who will be passing through on a trip

    Thu – Seared Salmon With Balsamic Glaze, millet or grits, frozen veg

    Fri – Chicken Scaloppine With Lemon Glaze (Low Fat and Delicious!) with Brussels sprouts and egg noodles - OR - dh may be away in which case I will just make an omelette for myself or some other simple thing

    Have a good week! --M
    SarasotaCook
    Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I make my skewers a bit charmie; but it is really up to you. If I have time, I make my own balsamic vinaigrette; if not. I buy a bottled good quality and add garlic to mine with fresh herbs. The key is good ingredients. Tomatoes, maybe salami cubes, mozz balls, mushrooms, artichoke hearts. Have fun with it. And make sure to marinate at least 4 hours. Then enjoy. They really are good and easy to make ahead.
    SarasotaCook
    Mon May 14, 2012 12:19 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    MCV and MM, sounds like great menus. I have had a few strange weeks and trying my best. Will be a few struggles to get things done, but we will try. Great menus by all. I'm usually 6 out of 7, or at least changed around. But this week may be 4 out of 7; it is un predictable, Oh well. it happens ... doesn't it?
    Charmie777
    Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 pm
    Forum Host
    Meredith C-ville wrote:
    Hi,

    Better late than never. We survived our chaotic week; this one should be a bit easier.

    Sat – out for our anniversary (which was actually last Wed, but we had other stuff going on; we went to a South African place and I had grilled shrimp with the perfect amount of spice...just on the edge of being almost too much, but with flavor rather than just heat)

    Sun – bbqey chicken with Arepas and green beans

    Mon – having lots of people over for a sendoff for our students who are headed back to Taiwan for part of the summer - burgers on the grill, with cheese / lettuce / tomato; others are making sides; just having ice cream and cookies for dessert

    Tue – Baja Black Beans, Corn and Rice (with leftover rice and arepas); I add tomato, avocado, olives, green chilies, and cheddar

    Wed – I think we are heading over the mountain to meet people for dinner who will be passing through on a trip

    Thu – Seared Salmon With Balsamic Glaze, millet or grits, frozen veg

    Fri – Chicken Scaloppine With Lemon Glaze (Low Fat and Delicious!) with Brussels sprouts and egg noodles - OR - dh may be away in which case I will just make an omelette for myself or some other simple thing

    Have a good week! --M
    Happy anniversary Meredith!!! I wish I had a South African restaurant to try!
    Annikki
    Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 pm
    Semi-Experienced "Sous Chef" Poster
    Sat May 12: Tandoori Chicken with Grilled Garlic Naan and Lentil, Cauliflower and Tomato Curry
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Sun May 13: Crockpot Mexican Meatloaf with Green Salad and Ranch Potato Salad
    Mon May 14: Roasted Cajun Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Potatoes and Broccoli
    Tues May 15: Korean Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
    Wed May 16: Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast
    Thur May 17: Subway
    Fri May 18: Dinner Out
    Charmie777
    Thu May 17, 2012 10:22 am
    Forum Host
    Annikki wrote:
    Sat May 12: Tandoori Chicken with Grilled Garlic Naan and Lentil, Cauliflower and Tomato Curry
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Sun May 13: Crockpot Mexican Meatloaf with Green Salad and Ranch Potato Salad
    Mon May 14: Roasted Cajun Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Potatoes and Broccoli
    Tues May 15: Korean Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
    Wed May 16: Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast
    Thur May 17: Subway
    Fri May 18: Dinner Out

    Wow! I love how you use your crockpot a lot. And I especially love Saturday's menu!!!!
    SarasotaCook
    Thu May 17, 2012 10:29 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I love the dinner out night icon_smile.gif - I'm sure you do too!

    Actually, a very nice menu. Love Sat's as well.
    Annikki
    Thu May 17, 2012 1:31 pm
    Semi-Experienced "Sous Chef" Poster
    Crockpot is a life and family saver! With 2 kids and crazy work and sports schedule, we do crockpot at least twice a week.

    We love Indian foods too!
    Charmie777
    Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 am
    Forum Host
    E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites