- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup finely minced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toast oatmeal in a shallow pan for 10 minutes to brown, watch carefully.
- Remove from oven and in small mixing bowl combine oatmeal with remaining ingredients.
- Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill with desired filling and bake or bake crust empty for later use.
Ready In 15 mins
Yields 1 9inch pie
Most Helpful Review
"Just what I was looking for to pair w/ lime curd for a tart! I opted to pulse in food processor after mixing all ingredients as I wanted a little finer texture on the oats. I forgot to time it since no bake time was given for an empty crust...I just pulled it out when it looked golden, and suspect it was about 15-20 min. in oven total in glass pie pan. Pressed into pan well, but would weight it down in the future baking it empty. I submitted a picture of what it looked like after baking. Great texture to compliment curd!"
Ideas You'll Love
45 Outrageous Mash-Ups
Pizza is from Mars and waffles are from Venus, but when they get together, fireworks fly.